VVI TABS SCANS

For Registered members
teej

VVI TABS SCANS

Post by teej »

Had a thought as Quentin was asking for some .. if there is an interest in it .. I can scan the whole tabs book and stick it on here for all you muso's who want to cry when they start working on it haha .. let me know
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
metatron

Post by metatron »

That's why I wanted the book... 2 do just that.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

That would be excellent !!! :D :D :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

ok .. gimme a few days to do it as i have other stuff to be getting on with .. but i'll make a start tonight / tomorrow .. you want covers and the middle poster also?

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

That would be great. I managed to get an original VHS of the Metal Tech video (arrived today) but it really gets me no further forward!
teej

Post by teej »

ok .. here's the front part and the full thing of Boyz .. I'll do more tomorrow etc .. not I havent really used this book at all although I might start as I have 3 months of playing to catch up on so I cant somment on the accuracy .. I dont think bots was that hot on the solos but man are they a lesson in how to play .. enjoy instalment no1

dont know if there is a better way to do this if you just want the links or what but am no pc buff as you may already know :P so let me kno the format you want it in

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

There's not a lot of notes there are there??!!! LMFAO
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
teej

Post by teej »

shramiac wrote:There's not a lot of notes there are there??!!! LMFAO
man there's a whole book full of this shit .. wait till you try the first millisecond of the solo for bots .. it's cruelly insane .. i did warn you all .. i tdoes shit all for ones self esteem but it does demand you re-learn many things you thought you knew just to even deal with the finger positions and shapes the nut-case worked with

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yeah I bought it in 89 or 90 and still can't play much of it! I think there is a few (a lot) of mistakes in the transcriptions too. As you said, the finger positions. Some of them are whacked out! And the chromatic fill at the start of the verses is not what Vinnie plays on the Metal Tech vid???
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
teej

Post by teej »

round 2 (ps thank Danii also as the book is his now .. I'm just abusing it while I still have it lol)

there .. thats yer lot for a few days .. this is busting my ass .. and we're only half way thru the book :o

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Curious there is no rhythm guitar for No Substitute in the book???
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

its there its just a pain ,... i worked on the opening of the solo the note selection is killer i found the intro of it to be pretty accurate , how ever im convinced that VV's slos are pretty untranscribable..

cb
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

shramiac wrote:Curious there is no rhythm guitar for No Substitute in the book???
Yeah, it' just shown in chord voicings and patterns above. Happens a lot in Cherry Lane style tab books when there are no single notes to worry about in parts of songs.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The songs are now in individual threads to make it easier to use them, enjoy and thanks Teej!
Commander in chief - VVF Army