gonnarock

Re: Vinnie's Metal Tech video

Post by gonnarock »

I am sooo happy with this. It is great!!! :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Enjoy, it's my own personal copy I bought in 88.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Post by birnie »

I haven't downloaded it yet (at work), but what's the quality like ?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's as good as it gets straight from my VHS.
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

I am halfway through downloading all of these and I just can't wait to watch them. I really can't. I have my guitar ready, tuned, and in classical position. haha. Maybe I will even polish it a little while I wait. :lol:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Good luck with the vid! You're going to need it! There is some seriously hard sh*t on that vid!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

That's for sure! Vinnie cannot be a mere mortal to have that ability :P
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

You are not KIDDING. He is like, just perfect. I mean, he throws a flourish of notes out there, not making a single mistake. I like the finger picking technique. I think he is the only shredder type guitarist that I have ever seen do that. And it does sound so cool. He explains things really well, or at least I can understand him well. And he is rather nice to listen to as well...Very nice voice. :wink:
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

He actually has a really good singing voice too! His original version of Baby-O is just killer, better than the VVI product in my opinion :P

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Brooklyn_Born!!! I am so glad you brought up Vinnie's singing voice! I think he has a great singing voice. I will be the first to admit to being an Invasion fan, but I have to say that Mark Slaughter's voice has the potential to sometimes really get on my nerves! :lol: So, when that happens, I just put on Back On The Streets where I can really hear Vinnie's harmonies and everything is okay again. haha.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Definitely Girl! He under utilized his vocal potential because he wanted to showcase his ridiculously great guitar skills (which isn't at all a bad thing) so unfortunately we didn't get to hear much of his voice :cry:
I agree with your Slaughter comment, although I could listen to him sing "That time of Year" every day for the rest of my life & probably not get sick of it :lol: what an amazing song...

There would be plenty of vinnie demos in the vault with his vocals! So you never know what we may hear in the future?!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Ok GR, I'm not sure if you you've heard this before but here it is... Vinnie singing Baby O with Warrior...you'll love it!

[youtube][/youtube]

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Oh. MY. GOD. Why didn't Vinnie sing lead more!?! I know he has those sharp as a knife guitar skills, but he has some pretty mean vocal skills too! I really like that song, first time I have heard it Brooklyn_Born. Excellent! Thank you so much for sharing! :D I love it! I would imagine with Vinnie's style of guitar playing that it would be difficult to also sing at the same time, but he is a man of many talents, so maybe he could! :)

And also as a side note too, Genebaby, the quality on Vinnie's Metal Tech video is fantastic! Much better quality than the clips on youtube. :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

As always, I do my best!!!
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

You did a great job! I was able to actually read the tabs at the bottom. I copied them down in my guitar journal for reference. :) Its great! :D
birnie

Post by birnie »

Does it end up as an AVI or something that's works with a PS3 ?
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

gonnarock wrote:Oh. MY. GOD. Why didn't Vinnie sing lead more!?! I know he has those sharp as a knife guitar skills, but he has some pretty mean vocal skills too! I really like that song, first time I have heard it Brooklyn_Born. Excellent! Thank you so much for sharing! :D I love it! I would imagine with Vinnie's style of guitar playing that it would be difficult to also sing at the same time, but he is a man of many talents, so maybe he could! :)

I never really liked his choice of singers, I like his voice a lot. sadly he said he hates the way his voice sounds. shame.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I don't mind who he has singing, himself, or others chosen for their abilities.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

birnie wrote:Does it end up as an AVI or something that's works with a PS3 ?
It's an MPG file in the end.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vdog. He told me that he likes his own voice much better than marks. I think he says he doesn't like his own voice for the reason to have people tell him how good it is. Spyder, suzie and other fake vinnies all say they love vinnies voice.
Bye Bye
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

doublev2 wrote:Vdog. He told me that he likes his own voice much better than marks. I think he says he doesn't like his own voice for the reason to have people tell him how good it is. Spyder, suzie and other fake vinnies all say they love vinnies voice.

Shit, we found something I agree with spydervinnie about :shock: :lol: I just prefer the more understated vocal.
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

doublev2 wrote:Vdog. He told me that he likes his own voice much better than marks. I think he says he doesn't like his own voice for the reason to have people tell him how good it is. Spyder, suzie and other fake vinnies all say they love vinnies voice.
I love Vinnie's voice too. I think he has a great vocal range and sings with integrity.
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

gonnarock wrote:
I love Vinnie's voice too. I think he has a great vocal range and sings with integrity.

Yeah I told him the same when I was on his forum, sounds like he secretly agrees 8)

Many thanks to GB for putting this vid up btw. I just bought a new guitar and thought I might try to pick something new up 8)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

What guitar ?
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This video is a must have for every VV fan!!!!
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

Genebaby wrote:This video is a must have for every VV fan!!!!
Absolutely! It really is. :) I was watching last night. The Spanish Bolgara (spelling?) lick that Vinnie plays is my favorite one. I have been practicing this one I love the swirling sound it has. So cool. :D
birnie

Post by birnie »

gonnarock wrote:
Absolutely! It really is. :) I was watching last night. The Spanish Bolgara (spelling?) lick that Vinnie plays is my favorite one. I have been practicing this one I love the swirling sound it has. So cool. :D
The Spanish Bollero (i think) is my fav too :P
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

birnie wrote:
gonnarock wrote:
The Spanish Bollero (i think) is my fav too :P
Even played slower it has a cool sound. And right now I am practicing it, slowly. :lol:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He was awesome. He needs to ride through all the mess and put something out , even if he hates every single fan he should do it for his legacy and children at least. Fuck the fans .. do it for vinnie.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

gonnarock wrote: I have my guitar ready, tuned, and in classical position. haha. Maybe I will even polish it a little while I wait. :lol:

These videos just frustrate me... I end up getting bored and going to the bathroom to polish something else...

:P