Post Vinnie Vincent Youtube and similar clips here
fgi1986

Guitar solo covers

Post by fgi1986 »

Crazy Train Take 2 (1988 Hamer Chaparral).m4a
(262.73 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Back On The Streets (1984 Kramer Baretta).m4a
(382.4 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
As the titles of the files say these covers were recorded on a 1988 Hamer Chaparral (the rare Sustainiac version) and a 1984 Kramer Baretta. The BOTS cover is rather bad in my opinion but whatever it was my first try. :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Guitar solo covers

Post by Genebaby »

Cool man. What amp or modelling gear did you use on these?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
fgi1986

Post by fgi1986 »

no modelling gear. just a small Peavey practice amp, as that's all I have at the moment.
fgi1986

Post by fgi1986 »

I pick with my thumb unlike a lot of guitarists. Those recordings are over a year old, I just discovered them again a few days ago, and I've improved a lot since they were made. I'll put up some more recent ones soon.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So you're not using a pick? That is different.

Something new would be good.
fgi1986

Post by fgi1986 »

Yeah that's just how I taught myself to play. I still tap like normal and stuff but shredding is a bit difficult due to lack of pick. The benefits are a really fast thumb though!
ArnfinnRong78

Post by ArnfinnRong78 »

Actually, I yelled this question up on stage, or, at least, I was Vinnie's guest so I sat on the side of the stage, just offstage. But I called over to Vinnie and said, "What did you think about Randy Rhoads?" And the dashed weird thing is that Vinnie froze, not stiff-masked, but lost in a moment of sorrow, and just a put-on job either.

Than Vinnie said that he had really liked Randy Rhoads, and elaborated a little.

Because you two mentioned Crazy Train above here.
ArnfinnRong78

Post by ArnfinnRong78 »

And guys... I auditioned for Ozzy myself, on several occasions during a period when he was stuck between Zack, and a rock, And Joe and a hard place, in 1998, then also in 2000 😊.

I'll send you my audition demos I had to record, but they shall be restricted, and not shared, for I fear abuse copyright wise
ArnfinnRong78

Post by ArnfinnRong78 »

But I will destroy you now, if I do, because you will unfortunately sound like spinal tap compared to me
ArnfinnRong78

Post by ArnfinnRong78 »

Here are pictures from the stage sessions with Vinnie Vincent I just referred to.
. I am used to be too hot shit to be believed
ArnfinnRong78

Post by ArnfinnRong78 »

Vinnie Vincent on stage answering among other things what he thinks about Randy Rhoads

Attachments
Vinnie Vincent on stage answering among other things what he thinks about Randy Rhoads
ArnfinnRong78

Post by ArnfinnRong78 »

All right, Ozzy fired Joe in about February 1998, then took Zack with him to your neck of the woods, and toured Australia. But then he got tired, most likely of Randy Castillos drinking, whom ozz fired just a year before on the ozzmisis tour in 96.... And then he had just fired top notch wonderboy Deen Castranova on drums in 95, for no good reason... And when I ALMOST entered into the picture, that same week when I was hanged in the balance, in spring 2000 due to ozzfest coming up and Sharon loosing money.... That week Ozzy fired, oh man, I almost forget his name, wait Roy Mayorga or similar, he was a drummer in either coal train or soul fly, a Mexican dude with long turds passing for haircut.
ArnfinnRong78

Post by ArnfinnRong78 »

The joke of it all is that Joe came back into the fold, then got thrown out for keeps at end of ozzfest 2000.

And the drummer that summer... Of all unqualified imbeciles...

Well, his name I really forget, for I went home to Norway after Joe came back in April, but get this, the drummer on ozzfest for Ozzy that year wasn't a drummer, but a guitar playing friend of Joe Holmes! And this clown played drums on ozzfest 2000.

Bally cheek!

But Joe holmes, the Ozzy guitarplayer, is great guy. I have this super cool picture of us riding around in his car in LA.

And Zack squeezing Joe out in 2001 did him, Zack, fat lot of good I must say.

Zack drunk himself to shit, setting a new booze- benchmark, even for Ozzy (now THAT takes some talent).

Ozzy had to bally cancel Donnington because Zack was in the shit come August thy year. Had to be admitted to mental health care (and I assume fat reduction while at it) instead of playing Donnington for Ozzy.

Oh well he came strong back, and kicked ass in ozzfest 2003,or was it 2005 before they got back up on their hindleg? I forget.

Where can I post you my Ozzy demos I had to record?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

ArnfinnRong78 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:43 pm All right, Ozzy fired Joe in about February 1998, then took Zack with him to your neck of the woods, and toured Australia. But then he got tired, most likely of Randy Castillos drinking, whom ozz fired just a year before on the ozzmisis tour in 96.... And then he had just fired top notch wonderboy Deen Castranova on drums in 95, for no good reason... And when I ALMOST entered into the picture, that same week when I was hanged in the balance, in spring 2000 due to ozzfest coming up and Sharon loosing money.... That week Ozzy fired, oh man, I almost forget his name, wait Roy Mayorga or similar, he was a drummer in either coal train or soul fly, a Mexican dude with long turds passing for haircut.
Yes, I can remember going to Sydney to see Ozzy in Feb of 1998 and I wasn't even sure who would be playing guitar for us. I was quite pleased it was Zak because he was still cool then, not the unwashed viking he was going to turn into. Great gig that one. Ozzy throwing buckets of water at the crowd and himself, Zak playing all over the arena, Randy kicking ass on the drums.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

ArnfinnRong78 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:56 pm Where can I post you my Ozzy demos I had to record?
How private to you want them to be? Just registered members?