Vinnie 1990 Studio - This video may of flown under the radar for some?

Post Vinnie Vincent Youtube and similar clips here
Bradford

Vinnie 1990 Studio - This video may of flown under the radar for some?

Post by Bradford »

As every knows there’s a lot of Vinnie videos on youtube but I have a feeling this one might of flown under the radar for some people – it seems obscure.

You only see the back of Vinnie as he goes out for a break at the end of it. You hear him talking too. I think Robert Fleischman is at the start of the video on the left.

To a non-fan this video would seem like no big deal and probably boring - just some people in a studio. But this video is interesting – but all too brief. A glimpse behind the scenes at that time in Vinnie’s life. I wish that person hadn’t stopped the camcorder or had put more footage in the edit.

As most people know this is post Vinnie Vincent Invasion when Slaughter & Strum (possible band name there – disturbing sounding pun though) took off with Vinnie’s record contract. It’s a shame he was abandoned, even though it seemed difficult at the time for everyone involved with their own egos and direction to preserve.

It seems to me from an outsider’s perspective that some people tended to try and push Vinnie too much in their own personal direction against his own better creative judgement of what he knew, in terms of time and thought, needed to be done to create what he felt comfortable with musically.

It’s obvious he was a creative person who knew how to get the interesting sounds in his head out onto tape - if you gave him a chance. I think with someone of his talent you need to give them more time and space (than the average bear) to get on with what needs to be done to get those sounds happening. It’s just that society doesn't seem to work that way when other people’s agendas and/or expectations clash with yours. Life’s general dramas can impede the process. Unfortunately you can see that in spades with his situation.

Plus it’s America so interpersonal-wise it can get a bit weird and hazy in that defensive ego-driven society. With all that “Celebrity Is King!” status seeking and “The Business Of America Is Business!” game that goes on – it seems hard to know at times what some people are really feeling until they sue you.

Despite all the difficult events (personal/financial for example) that have happened around him and all the criticism he cops, in his heart of hearts I think Vinnie is a sensitive thoughtful person with a good sense of humour just trying to create music that he feels good about and hence his fans will feel good about.

Bradford
Slayer

Re: Vinnie 1990 Studio - This video may of flown under the radar for some?

Post by Slayer »

Hi Bradford,
The video is here in the archives but it was interesting to see this again. To me the best part of this post is your view point and perspective. Welcome here Bradford!

Kev
poserboy71

Re: Vinnie 1990 Studio - This video may of flown under the radar for some?

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer wrote:Hi Bradford,
The video is here in the archives but it was interesting to see this again. To me the best part of this post is your view point and perspective. Welcome here Bradford!

Kev
Agreed. Most of us feel the same.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS