Post Vinnie Vincent Youtube and similar clips here
Slayer

I always was amused by this old interview

Post by Slayer »

I don't I've ever heard Bruce Kulick talk shit about anyone but here you go:

poserboy71

Re: I always was amused by this old interview

Post by poserboy71 »

As entertaining as that is, it is only one side of the problem.
All of us that know the situation with Eric Carr's last years with the band can come up with answers to why Vinnie didn't sign with them. I actually respect Vinnie for it.

Paul says that Vinnie wasn't a "team player". Shouldn't members of a "team" make the same amount of cash and have the same benefits as well as the same consequences ?
Sports team members should all be paid the same. It would make the team STRONGER. I have never understood why certain people get more for being part of a "TEAM". The extra perks should be made through endorsements and public appearances.

Paul shouldn't say "team player " , He should say "EMPLOYEE".

I don't think it's ETHICAL that Vinnie write an entire song --then-- Gene or Paul makes a small change and gets equal credit for it.
I don't dig how Gene comments about how all of us are entitled to a "PRIVATE LIFE" when he is directing the comment towards Vinnie. Gene makes it sound as if Vinnie may be gay.Who cares? Gene feels it is career suicide for an artist to admit their homosexuality. (ie.-Adam Lambert, American Idol)
If that's the case,then there are four members of Kiss that are rumored to have sucked a dick. (Ace and Peter sucking each other off, Paul's rumored lifestyle , and the Vinnie RUMORS.)

I would love for Vinnie's book to see the light of day. It would be perfect timing to release it next year when Ace Frehley releases his tell-all.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I can see from Gene and Paul's side how someone not signing up with them was a problem for the Corporation that Kiss had become. In the beginning it was just four knuckle heads from NY, then it got bigger.

Still, it took a lot of guts for Vinnie not to sign and become part of the Kiss machine and then go out and do exactly what he wanted on his own. Everyone else they touched toed the line and played nice, but that never made Kiss more interesting, like the stuff they did with Vinnie did. There was chemistry there they should have held on to, and paid the price necessary.

It seems they couldn't see past paying Vinnie a bit more, what he deserves, and then the band just becoming huge in the metal world of the 80's. Instead bands like Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Motely Crue all overtook them. If they had kept Vinnie they would have blown them all out of the water.

You are correct Rick, when I first heard this I wasn't thinking like that, but Vinnie should have been referred to as an Employee, not a member of a team.

Someone could ask them some embarrassing questions about Eric's final months......
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

Yes, I agree that Kiss in those days were basically taking other peoples tunes and changing a lyric and giving themselves co-writing credit. Bryan Adams made that clear. However they did give V credit on 'All hells breakin' loose' and basically it was Eric's tune. And for sure they fucked around with the songs enough that maybe V was happy not to get solo writing credit.

Its not just Kiss that says he's not a team player. Warrior, VVI members and many others have said it.. but when it comes to it I used to defend Vinnie for this as we all know that he knew best when it came down to it and by basically putting your foot done is sometimes the only way to get it done, but Kiss most likely was not the place to do it and I think they were close to thinking they were finished at the time V came in so they were real low on confidence with their own ability I bet.

Now I don't defend Vinnie like I did and truthfully I believe what Kiss are saying here. The thing is they employe band members to be team players..even if the band sucks because of it.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Employ band members to be team players---AKA *** Bend over because we own you and everything you do.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS