Circa...1977?

Post Vinnie Vincent Youtube and similar clips here
KissMeDeadly

Circa...1977?

Post by KissMeDeadly »

Sometimes you just discover a jewel from the past...My brain revolted so I had to mute this but damn if it wasn't worth watching (okay, I watched it 3 times)...

[youtube][/youtube]

(I have no idea how to insert a YT video so hopefully that works)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Circa...1977?

Post by Genebaby »

I fixed it for you. There is a thread in Forum support explaining how Youtube videos can be embedded. Unfortunately it's harder than it should be.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I beg to differ about the music. You have some well respected music icons in that video.
The song is Pop perfection.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
KissMeDeadly

Post by KissMeDeadly »

Genebaby wrote:I fixed it for you. There is a thread in Forum support explaining how Youtube videos can be embedded. Unfortunately it's harder than it should be.
Thank you!
poserboy71 wrote:I beg to differ about the music. You have some well respected music icons in that video.
The song is Pop perfection.
True. I have never been a fan of the pop music genre, however, so it's like a foreign intrusion into my brain cells. I had a much older brother and grew up listening to metal so I've never had much interest in pop music.

I still enjoyed seeing a really young Vinnie on his guitar though. Really fun video visually :lol:
thattimeofyear87

Post by thattimeofyear87 »

Indeed a fun clip. (And I also think it is a choice slice of '70s disco pop.)

But it's important to note that, despite miming it up here, Vinnie did not play on this particular track. He played on two tracks on Dan Hartman's "Instant Replay" album: "Time And Space" and "Double O-Love." And frankly, Vinnie knocked both of his guitar solos out of the park on those tunes, which are also very well written pop gems.

Check them out at 4:28 and 7:44 respectively:

[youtube][/youtube]

The cheekiness of "Instant Replay" aside, in all seriousness, Dan Hartman was one talented musician. He played multiple instruments and wrote his own hits as well as hits for the likes of Edgar Winter and James Brown.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

TTOY87, Exactly.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS