Quick Clip of 1990 Recording in LA.

Post Vinnie Vincent Youtube and similar clips here
WizKid

Quick Clip of 1990 Recording in LA.

Post by WizKid »

[youtube] [/youtube]

Looks like this came from our new forum member Marco. Wow dude, where did you find this and is there more? :shock:
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
doublev

Post by doublev »

we used to know the heavy set guys name. tried to contact him once. his name and and a photo of him playing vinnie's washburn in the studio is on andre's site.
funny when you ask anyone what guitar vinnie used to record gfh (LA and Nashville sessions) they all said only his jackson. But i have only seen pictures of him with the washburn in the studio, i wonder if people get mixed up or if he did mainly use the jacksons. the pre-press release for the washburn was that it was made to the exact specs as the jackson. i would have loved to ask vinnie about guitars. I really wish he would just talk to someone about them.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Amen Dino!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
marcorocknrollz80s

Re: Quick Clip of 1990 Recording in LA.

Post by marcorocknrollz80s »

WizKid wrote:

Looks like this came from our new forum member Marco. Wow dude, where did you find this and is there more? :shock:

no sorry I only have this video,
:wink:
marco amedei ,administrator vinnie vincent italian fans
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie has that thick Connecticut accent . 8) 8) 8)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

the picture of that guy with the washburn is on andre labelle's myspace photo section. i think you need to log in.

by the way Andre's favourite tune from GFH is 'get the lead out'
doublev

Post by doublev »

i will tell you something.. nothing good happens in courts. Yes if you get seriously fucked beyond a doubt like the owner of bed bath and beyond stabs you 10 times in the back for returning a shower curtain and he was he was ordered to do it from head office via email... maybe thats a good time to sue, but the rest of the time just ends up doing nothing but bad.. well in my opinion. its better to work your ass off doing something great..instead of spending time preparing a court case.
maybe i am not correct, but its just kinda what I think.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie's Washburn

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

not to be offensive, but that guitar was not made for big dudes.
doublev

Post by doublev »

my sneaky feeling is v liked his washburn the best. just a feeling and a guess.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i thought that that guitar was an '89 or '90 but we saw it in a VVI picture.. possibly the last ever photo shoot. whats with 3 white and gold vv models in 1988 all by different makers? I bet if they had made the ashes to ashes video we would have seen the washburn.. i really think the ibanez and washbirn never got gigged. its hard to believe VV's last ever gig was in Oakland in 1988... in 22 years he has never gigged apart from the mysterious show with Chet Atkins and that mime session in Sweden.
How can that be??????????????????????????????
VV. I know you hate us but please tell us what happened? Also please let us know about the guitars???? And the Chet Atkins gig.... Oh! I forgot he doesn't tell fans any info for some reason.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Where did you hear about the Chet Atkins gig? Or was it just a jam session?

If he did jam with Chet, maybe he felt satisfied to never play another gig again. You play with your hero-what's left after that? Who knows? Vinnie does !

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

doublev wrote:not to be offensive, but that guitar was not made for big dudes.
What does that mean ??? my guitar is fucking HUGE .. and as a result you can hardly transport the case
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It looks like a toy on Rick Barselona.

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

hmm well dunno what he's doing but trust me .. you cant play a VVV balanced on your knee

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Guys, this clip has actually been posted somewhere else on this site. It's available for "free download". :wink:

I can't remember where I got it from. I wish there was more! It is 20 year old footage now, the time does fly. :cry:
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I don't believe Vinnie had one of those silly kickstands that Steinberger put on some of their guitars.

I'd shove that fucker between my legs and rock the fuck out !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It probably came from Andre Labelle.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Originally yeah, but I can't remember where I found it.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
teej

Post by teej »

poserboy71 wrote:I don't believe Vinnie had one of those silly kickstands that Steinberger put on some of their guitars.

I'd shove that fucker between my legs and rock the fuck out !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
there is only 1 way to play these guitars sitting down ..

teej

Post by teej »

looks like an attempted G chord

doublev

Post by doublev »

Chet Atkins was thanked in the euphoria ep credits and it mention something about playing a gig together and how great it was
... too bad v doesn't do something cool for his fans.. I can not imagine Chet Atkins getting a copy of euphoria and listening to it.
Teej, I was just saying it is a streemlined guitar and Mr Barcelona is not so much.