Albuquerque NM, 22 Jan 1984

Post Vinnie Vincent Youtube and similar clips here
mrblitz

Albuquerque NM, 22 Jan 1984

Post by mrblitz »

'pretty good' audio... through the mixing board?

[youtube][/youtube]

it would be the ultimate, if they could ever release a dvd from a 'vinnie in kiss' show.
heavystef

Re: Albuquerque NM, 22 Jan 1984

Post by heavystef »

still in the bootleg section... :wink:
And on the 8th day god created rock'n roll!
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

other than the handful of songs from the brazil recordings, this is about the best i've heard from the vinnie/eric era.

it doesn't sound like the board necessarily, but it does sound like the person had a quality mic and mic location setup. it sounds really clear and not like it's in a giant reverb chamber, and the 'mic diaphragm' doesn't sound 'crushed' by the volume of the show.

paul is completely clear. maybe gene's bass is one thing that's consistently quiet in the mix. the overall volume does fluctuate, and vinnie's guitar seems to move back and forth (between quiet and loud) in the mix.

would be interesting to know how this was recorded. definitely a higher-quality bootleg, compared to other recordings on youtube.

it was like, for the first time; being able to more or less hear how they were for an entire show during the vinnie period. after listening, i'm thinking that the vinnie/eric period was the 'best kiss'. ymmv

by the way, so, is the story; if gene and paul were to release one of these shows on dvd, vinnie would sue? if that's the case, that's just sad. and, if vinnie wouldn't sue; what's the hold-up? in concert, eric and vinnie took kiss to another level.

a show from this band lineup really deserves to be appreciated by 'classic rock fans'.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

My friend as I said before has full concert from Poole UK from 3 camera angles on 16mm . Problem is its about 8 hours to transfer to digital which is like 10 thousand dollars. I am thinking a crowd funding thing would work but then I guess kiss own rights so maybe wouldn't be worth it.
What we can do is project the neg and film it with iphone or something to get an idea.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I hope they've at least copied each reel to at least 2 digital sources to preserve them!

That would be an awesome gig to see!

Hey G & P, for f#cks sake, you've dropped more than 10K on the floor of your cars, throw Vinnie a bone (& give us poor SOBs here something new to enjoy) and make this happen!

Geez even the hardcore KISS "anti-Vinnie" fans would want to see this!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(