VVI Full Concert

Post Vinnie Vincent Youtube and similar clips here
erg2

VVI Full Concert

Post by erg2 »

Live At Rock'n'Roll Heaven, Toronto, Canada, USA, 18.07.1988

[youtube][/youtube]

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but here is a full concert by VVI. It's not terrible quality either. I think it's a soundboard mix matched up to an amateur-shot video.

I love the backing vocals...who knew 2 guys live in a club could sound like 12 professional vocalists in perfect pitch...either that or it's a backing tape...
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
wolfgang161272

Re: VVI Full Concert

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Wow, great shot from the concert. Haven't had the chance to see it.
Vinnie is playing his leads and play and play and play....
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good to see it on Youtube, this show is available on DVD, as is one from the first tour in NY.

This one is really good quality for the age, a decent low gen source.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I've never bought a bootleg concert video. They were always so expensive and I never trusted that the quality would be very good.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Genebaby
Site Admin

VVI Full Concert

Post by Genebaby »

Sent you a PM!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
erg2

Post by erg2 »

However, their version of LIU at the end sucked huge balls.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Worst tune on asg tour was lick it up, shows that Paul Stanley had a lot of input in the success of that tune even if like its rumored that vv wrote the entire song without Paul.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Paul was an incredible singer and nows how to sell a song.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

so how would they do backing vocals from tape? did they have a 'sampler' and someone would press a button at the correct moment(s)?
Possio

Post by Possio »

yeah, good question, it was quite common back then to have the sound engineer
press the the button or maybe have the drummer hit the button at the right place
in the song. Obviously, no click-track going in drummers ears so much in those days so, I beleive,
it was quite important for the song to be at the right tempo so the sampled stuff would match and
blend in just right... I remeber seeing TNT (the Norwegians) at a club in like 86 (I was 15 at the time)
and they had those Fat Choruses/Voices going in the background but only 2-3 people were at the mic,so,
it got me thinking like Wow, how they do that?, they must be SO Talanted singers!!! ?? or? HAHA!
All in the name of Rock´nRoll!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Dokken used to have in my dreams opening on tape, even with 3 great singers in the band.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I remember standing outside the Newport in Columbus, Ohio (VVI 1988) listening to the soundman play the backing tracks OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

There's a funny passage in one of GGG's books about Ace on tour and the keyboard which had the backing vocals programmed got damaged. They scoured the local music stores to find a keyboard that they could download the backing vocals files into so they wouldn't have to sing them.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
mrblitz

Post by mrblitz »

--Obviously, no click-track going in drummers ears so much in those days so, I beleive,
it was quite important for the song to be at the right tempo so the sampled stuff would match and
blend in just right... ---

The band members - Bobby Rock in particular - must have had great internal clocks.

lol... i guess it's called 'being pro' and not 'amateur'.

Anyway, this is a good show.

'Animal' is probably my favorite track here.

Vinnie's guitar solo has got some amazing moments; and the Bobby Rock drum solo is 'killer'. Also, the 'blues improv' is really cool.

Are there any 'pro-shot, pro audio' videos of VVI?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i believe the oakland show was pro recorded and was going to be released as a live album. the guy from zoom club who re-released the vvi stuff and also worked at chrysalis when vvi were signed to them was trying to put out the oakland show as well as gfh but vv asked for more money than it would ever be possible to make off the recordings.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

doublev2 wrote:i believe the oakland show was pro recorded and was going to be released as a live album. the guy from zoom club who re-released the vvi stuff and also worked at chrysalis when vvi were signed to them was trying to put out the oakland show as well as gfh but vv asked for more money than it would ever be possible to make off the recordings.
So once again, an opportunity to make ANY money was lost because of a certain person. He makes nothing. We get nothing. I'd plop down MY money to buy a live VVI CD and/or DVD.

Hell, I was stupid enough to buy the lousy UNION live DVD they put out a few years ago. Poorly shot video. Mediocre sound recording and mix. Three great players that have no idea how to perform rock music to an audience. Yet I paid the $19 for it.
- I like to listen to the music (even with the poor sound and mediocre stage presence)
- I like to support my "heroes"
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
PelagicJoe

Post by PelagicJoe »

Genebaby wrote:Good to see it on Youtube, this show is available on DVD, as is one from the first tour in NY.
There's a DVD of a show from the first VVI tour?! :shock: You know where I can get this?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PelagicJoe wrote:
Genebaby wrote:Good to see it on Youtube, this show is available on DVD, as is one from the first tour in NY.
There's a DVD of a show from the first VVI tour?! :shock: You know where I can get this?
PJ, The footage is awful. Don't bother. The Kennedy assassination is HI-DEF in comparison.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
PelagicJoe

Post by PelagicJoe »

poserboy71 wrote:
PelagicJoe wrote:
PJ, The footage is awful. Don't bother. The Kennedy assassination is HI-DEF in comparison.
YIKES. What was it filmed with? A View-Master?
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Just a thought on sequencing gear that was available back then... Look into Kahler's "Human Clock"
Not saying VVI used this particular piece of gear, but there were things available for sequencing backing vocals. Lots of people were doing it on all levels. Just a thought
Possio

Post by Possio »

Cool find, did not know such a midi-controller was availible back when, so, If this device was
around in 1987-88 they most definately had it running in the live rig. (like most acts)

http://www.synthony.com/vintage/HumanClock.html
Billy

Post by Billy »

PelagicJoe wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:
PelagicJoe wrote:
YIKES. What was it filmed with? A View-Master?

Actully,the quality isnt that bad. Its better then nothing.
Hello Rainbow Eyes.........Im Back! \m/