ahbl

Post by doublev2 »

anyone seen this before
[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Re: ahbl

Post by poserboy71 »

Yep, I bet there were orders to focus on G&P and to not shoot Vinnie. FUCKERS.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Yes cool footage but damn, no Vinnie whatsoever. Even fades out during the solo. Yes PB, early '84 when they had already fallen out with Vinnie so no closeups. :evil:
erg2

Post by erg2 »

The crane shot from behind the stage to the front with the smoke was pretty damn cool!! Great to see...but why did it have to be cut off?
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah, the video didn't feature vv much either. i suppose the end was near.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

The "full version" of that video is also on Youtube.
And by full, I mean the entire segment from that German TV show.
It cuts off at the solo just like this one but the music keeps playing but they pan in on an office where a woman is startled by something.

[youtube][/youtube]
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

PinkWiz wrote:Yes cool footage but damn, no Vinnie whatsoever. Even fades out during the solo. Yes PB, early '84 when they had already fallen out with Vinnie so no closeups. :evil:

actually this is probably from Nov. '83.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah europe was end of 83
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ha ha, yes this is in my collection. I had it listed as 1984 and "Live in the Bananas". Back then I had no idea what that meant!

AHBL did not get played enough, being a single with a video and all. Makes you wonder why they chose it?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I don't know about the rest of the world, but AHBL was pretty huge where I grew up. Keep in mind that I was on a KISS sabbatical at that time, but I remember just about every guy I knew playing and singing AHBL.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

erg2 wrote:I don't know about the rest of the world, but AHBL was pretty huge where I grew up. Keep in mind that I was on a KISS sabbatical at that time, but I remember just about every guy I knew playing and singing AHBL.

although not as popular as LIU, I do remember my friends in school singing it and my dad bought my brother and I the 45 single backed by young and wasted in the 6th grade. still wish they would break this one out live.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

one of their best singles in my opinion and in my opinion much better than lick it up. A million to one as the 3rd single and LIU would have sold a lot more copies. I think maybe kiss were worried about putting out a soft tune like a million to one due to the elder/dynasty etc and the heavy metal scene may thrown a little.. thats the only thing i can think of unless gene didn't like the tune.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

doublev2 wrote:one of their best singles in my opinion and in my opinion much better than lick it up. A million to one as the 3rd single and LIU would have sold a lot more copies. I think maybe kiss were worried about putting out a soft tune like a million to one due to the elder/dynasty etc and the heavy metal scene may thrown a little.. thats the only thing i can think of unless gene didn't like the tune.
Also as far as A Million To One not being released as a single, maybe problems with Vinnie made them leery about releasing a third single with Vincent's name on it?

Damn shame, A Million To One could've been up there with No One Like You, Home Sweet Home, etc. as far as power ballads go.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah, i could have imagined the radio going for it. those 3 tunes are all very radio friendly but I think AMTO is the best chance of a hit.. yeah they may have not wanted to promote the band with VV any further seen as he was kicked out and brought back in desperation.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

AMTO is just an outstanding tune. Especially in the early 80s it had the chance to be a hit on rock radio. I think it also could've been the song that broke the impression that KISS were not "the best musicians" because I think that arrangement is pretty nice.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies