Bob Kulick on Vincent Cusano

Post by Slayer »

Batman

Post by Batman »

Dude, its already posted under "vinnie joins kiss"
but the video is edited. Bob is talking about Mark and not Vinnie
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

This video is about Vinnie and I don't recall Mark St. John mentioned. Are you saying this interview is edited and that some of the comments were originally about Mark St. John and were edited and manipulated to be about Vinnie rather than Mark?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, the bit where they need a new guitar player really quickly is in reference to Mark, who hadn't long replaced Vinnie when he himself needed replacing.

Vinnie was there for 2 years, not a few months. Someone has fiddled with this.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Obviously Mark wasn't good in the interview department and he didn't look KISS enough. I know the excuse given was arthritis but do you think drugs played a part in his exit from the band or did his abuse come years later?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think Mark looked Kiss enough. The band poster that came out for Animalize where Paul is wearing a scarf?, they ALL look great. I prefer that one to the version they did with Bruce.

Not sure of the real reasons, it was a weird time for Kiss, and also a time when bands kept the real reasons for things from fans. Anything could be the truth.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I always thought he looked too Anglo-Saxon for Kiss. It would be like me standing next to Kiss.

NEWBEGINNINGS
ankh

Post by ankh »

problems with Mark were, apart form Arthritis, that he did play in a different way.He was used to play on the top of the beat, while Kiss play behind the beat.This, the fact that they edit out most of his work on the record( he was under control and told to play "more like Ace",meaning more pentatonic style),and also that when he played live with them he was showing off too much for Paul´s taste did lead things to get more and more sour.
He stated that during the recording of Animalize he did record most of the guitars alone, adding some inversions and solos, and some bass.Paul, when he did hear that, was horrified and then did screen his lead work very close.Mark also added some b- vocals( like on Heaven´s on fire, ,done by Paul, eric and him).When he did play live he didn´t have reharsakl with them, so he wasn´t used very much to play ina big arena-i think he was referring to the quality of the sound- and that, when he did play a few tricks with the volume control and playng with his teeth, Paul did get pissed off at him and told him to stop it, to the point of telling to a roadie to put away his volume pedal.

He did state so in a few interviews.So it was the best solution for everybody to have Bruce take over.Mark did get healing from his syndrome and kiss did get what they wanted.

Funny part was,Mark did met Vinnie once, he was ina studio with Allan Holdsworth and Grover Jackson did present Vinnie as the new KIss guitarist.So Mark and the others say "Kiss, what a shitty band".Laughing about it afterwards, Mark did say " Little did i knew about what would have happened a few years later..."
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I know Paul and Gene think they know what's best and it's their band and all but it's annoying to hear them censoring the playing and antics of someone in the band.

It's better for the fans for the lead guitarist to show off and do stuff like what Mark and Vinnie were capable of.

Not much of a band effort.

Mark did not speak highly of the Animalize recordings, saying that Gene and Paul had him going back and forth across town to do things for each individually. Still, it's a great gig if you can or want to hold on to it.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

We want a shredder but play like Ace. :? :shock: :? :shock: Who's bi-polar?

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

ankh wrote:..,
Funny part was,Mark did met Vinnie once, he was ina studio with Allan Holdsworth and Grover Jackson did present Vinnie as the new KIss guitarist.So Mark and the others say "Kiss, what a shitty band".Laughing about it afterwards, Mark did say " Little did i knew about what would have happened a few years later..."
Great post. Funny how the 'KISS of death' has a way of either sending ex-members to the rubber room or killing them off. Man Bruce, better watch out.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Bruce already got shot outside the Rainbow Bar & Grill !!! CLOSE CALL :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS