Post Vinnie Vincent Youtube and similar clips here
Genebaby
Site Admin

Unmasking on MTV 1983

Post by Genebaby »

Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Imagine if they would have been totally honest. --' We took off the makeup out of desperation .We ran our career into the ground with inconsistent albums and when we finally put out one of our best albums ever (COTN), No one noticed. If you can't beat 'em, join'em. Now we're gonna look like every band out there. Kiss will just try to stay afloat and follow some trends and eventually will start playing pop music again only to bring back Vinnie to give us our balls back as we follow our career cycle of NEVER LEARNING from our mistakes and REPEATING them."
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The make-up was a big problem in 83, and the costumes. Kiss were thought of as 70's dinosaurs as tastes had changed and they did need to change with the times to stay relevant. It's only later when the 70's were considered cool to like that the makeup could come back on.

Too bad Kiss didn't grow so much once they did put it back on. Only two new albums and some questionable new costumes just now. They need ALL new costumes and should have given Eric and Tommy their own identities. I'm not super annoyed they didn't, but that would have been cooler.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Tommy and Eric wearing the make up doesn't bother me. Kiss is going with what most people know. I agree that their costumes should get a little crazier and unique. I'm just glad that we have the Fox and the Egyptian Warrior .
As far as new Kiss music, I believe they were threatening to release some by next year. The Gene songs on Sonic Boom are great ! 'Danger Us' is my favorite Paul song on the disc. A good CD. Now if only they would get Vinnie to write with them it would be GREAT !!!

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

poserboy71 wrote:Tommy and Eric wearing the make up doesn't bother me. Kiss is going with what most people know. I agree that their costumes should get a little crazier and unique. I'm just glad that we have the Fox and the Egyptian Warrior .
As far as new Kiss music, I believe they were threatening to release some by next year. The Gene songs on Sonic Boom are great ! 'Danger Us' is my favorite Paul song on the disc. A good CD. Now if only they would get Vinnie to write with them it would be GREAT !!!

-PB71-

Nannnnaa-nobody's perfect! m-m-m-m-Maaaybe I come awfully close...
teej

Post by teej »

I chose not to go see KISS in Glasgow this yr as I cant deal with puppets dressed as Ace and Peter, seen the footage on youtube of the gig and I have to say it looked spectacular .. seen them on the crazy nights tour, revenge tour (with hot in the shade stage) and 4 times on the reunion tour .. I would respect them more if they took the makeup off or gave the new guys a new persona
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

If they tour here this year or next I'll be going to take my daughter along, she's getting good into Kiss at 4 years old.

I somehow missed or boycotted the 2008 tour they did here and can't remember why now....oh well.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'm probably taking my kids to Pittsburgh next week for the Kiss show being that kids get in FREE !!

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You lucky bugger!!!
Batman

Post by Batman »

poserboy71 wrote:I'm probably taking my kids to Pittsburgh next week for the Kiss show being that kids get in FREE !!

-PB71-
Yeah, I heard about that...but then I saw that the "free" tickets its just weird area on lawn like all the way back or something hahah. At least that was mentioned on KISSFAQ I believe 8)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's not so bad for the little ones. I won't be too close to the front when I take my daughter as I think it's a bit much for them at that age, from what I've heard from other people who took young children.

One lady was right near the front but had to leave her seat as her kid was crying etc, probably the flames and stuff....it's better from a distance at that age...
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Free is FREE and my kiddies will be able to see the big picture. In Pittsburgh they will be able to 'FLY' and do the whole show. They can't fly or have full pyro at the place they're playing near Cleveland,Ohio . It will be fun.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

they are one of only a small few bands who were big in the 70s and kept it going somewhat in the 80s, usually you have to miss a decade before you become cool again.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i saw kiss in paris last year and as fun as it was it feels a little like eating pizza at a chain restaurant rather than eating it in Naples or a good new york pizzeria.. if you get what I mean. Its good but it could be better.

I saw Kiss from the Asylum tour, unfortunatly i missed vv and ace.

I always loved Peter because he was so different and I think his more 'swing' 'big band jazz' style was a hidden and very important ingreedient in those early kiss tunes. If they had had a big hitter back then i think they would have lost a lot of charm. I don't care that much for Rock n' roll all night, but that swing drum style to me really makes that tune.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I choose to remember Peter for the first three albums. In person he is an absolute bitch.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

have you met peter? i don't know too many things about him.

i know he went to the ASG release party in 88 and seemed to be friends with vv.

i loved the weird pop/jazz/soul/rock mix he attempted the early 80s. Vini Poncia didn't want him drumming on his own records for some reason. I still think the last kiss song he drummed on he sounded good (dirty livin') a bit punchy for me but he still had character.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I've met Peter 3 times and each time he was complaining/whining about something. He was cool enough to sign shit though.

'Dirty Livin' is cool but I believe Peter's last drumming with Kiss was 'Into The Void' off of Psycho Circus.

NEWBEGINNINGS