Vinnie joins Kiss

Post Vinnie Vincent Youtube and similar clips here
Genebaby
Site Admin

Vinnie joins Kiss

Post by Genebaby »

Bob Kulick speaks and then there is a bit of Vinnie at the end...

Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Bob seems pretty straight up and if you read the kiss book 'Behind The Make up ' ,you can get a glimpse into what Vinnie had to put up with by hearing Bob's story about recording guitar parts for the Killers album. Gene and Paul seemed so confused--"Play like Ace", " We want a shredder" etc... Contradicting themselves constantly. Wanting to COMPETE with Ozzy and Van Halen... bla bla bla
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, it was a crazy time for guitarists. All the flashy stuff was SOOO big, that's what Kiss wanted with Vinnie, Mark and Bruce.....so they could compete with other metal bands that were coming out.
doublev

Post by doublev »

the clip is editied. it makes him sound like he's talking about Vinnie and it was Mark in regard to the fast turnaround of guitar players.

Bob Kulick is a great player. The record he did with WASP was some of his best work I think.

Skull was a strange record but had Bobby Rock on it and then Eric Singer took over.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You are right Dino, it was Mark that was there for months, how annoying they did that. Vinnie was there for around two years, but most people didn't know as they thought Ace was still in the band.

Witness everyone's surprise going to a Creatures tour concert expecting to see Ace and Vinnie is there. That would have been interesting. Word got out a lot slower back then.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Exactly,I remember when we got to the arena and went to the merchandise table and saw Vinnie on the shirts(I still have mine!!). We all thought that Ace changed his make up. 'Ace's new look was really cool !! :wink: It wasn't until we got to our seats that we looked through someone's tour book and realized that 'Ace' was really 'VINNIE VINCENT !' Man,that show sure kicked my 11 year old dick in the dirt !! I wish I could get THAT excited again. I was almost there and then Vinnie deletes us ,insults us,and shits on our dreams.

Thanks for the memories Vinnie,

Rick THE Poserboy
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS