Nashville 1983 review

Post Vinnie Vincent Youtube and similar clips here
poserboy71

Nashville 1983 review

Post by poserboy71 »

The reviewer makes it seem like Vinnie looked out of place and small. I still think he looked awesome.
It seems like he was incapable of giving Vinnie his due without a bitch-slap attached to it.

THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Nashville 1983 review

Post by Genebaby »

Great review, sounds like it was a great show. Good crowd attendance too.

I guess the guy liked the band quite a bit but he didn't know Vinnie very well and this is what he could say about him.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

I suppose no one knew anything about vinnie until lick it up. Did sound like a good attenence.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's true Dino. Kiss did not heavily advertise that Ace had been replaced. Many fans attended shows thinking Ace would be there. Word did not get out like it does today.

One guy said he was up the back and couldn't really see Vinnie so he thought it was Ace playing and he was thinking he had much improved his playing!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I didn't know until I got there and saw the shirts .At first I thought Ace just changed his makeup (Hey, the lips were pointy and black :oops: ) Then I looked at someone's tour book and my question was answered.

NEWBEGINNINGS
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

I love reading old reviews like this......I'm so jealous of you guys who were able to see this particular incarnation of KISS!
doublev

Post by doublev »

most people would have not known that vv even played or wrote tunes on creatures, seen as he wasn't credited as Vinnie Vincent.

Strange story i heard from my ex in new orleans. she said she was back stage (i didn't want to think what she was doing there), but she said that back stage there was a lead guitarist she met that said he knew all the lead parts and was to replace vinnie at the end of the show.

she knew very little about kiss etc, but she told me this out of nowhere. she had no idea who the guy was but i always thought it was weird, but it may make sense if they thought vv could walk out at anytime.

what is strange to me is who the hell was it and was it for real.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Steve Farris?
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The only thing I know for sure about Steve Farris is that he played that cool shit on the song "C.O.T.N."

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

That was some cool shit alright! Paul & Steve were friends in the 80's so it's no surprise If he was on call for back up guitar work..
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
doublev

Post by doublev »

if anyone has a picture of him from '84 i will send it to her. see what she says. he told her he was to replace the lead guitarist at the end of the tour which obviously did not happen.
doublev

Post by doublev »

you would think vv would have been very pissed off if steve farris was back stage. i would say if it was a secret that they had a back up then it wouldn't be someone vv knew.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

They had a replacement ready while they are trying to get him to sign a contract??? Dick move.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Dino there is a photo of Steve on the Ibanez pedal ad in Vinnie's Gear section! He has a beard though.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(