Vinnie Vincent - Invasion 1986

Post any Vinnie pics here
Batman

Post by Batman »

Boy am I glad they dropped that whole pink/red makeup thing :lol:
It looked cool on photoshoots, but that last pic there....that's just bizarre :twisted:

ASG, no fancy make up...just pure rock n roll look. That was better :P
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Remember the time we're talking about. The first album was being conceived and recorded around 1985, when metal was really glammed up and still was in 86.

Vinnie would hate this, but compare with Kiss. 85/86, the Asylum look. 87/88, the Crazy Nights look. MUCH better!!

As with Kiss, there are some shots/videos of the very glam looks that are better than others. Who Wants To Be Lonely and Uh All Night are better than Tears Are Falling look, but that's a killer song so we can forgive them.

I don't like every pic of the first Invasion look but some are very cool. Mark's early hair is certainly a shocker, but he would have been directed to look like that.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I remember my first reaction being WHAT THE FUCK??? But soon realized that THAT is the main factor in the Rock music/image that I prefer. Things should be OVER THE TOP AND OBNOXIOUS. It doesn't have to make sense. Checkerboard guitars with five necks don't make sense but they are cool. Flying,spitting blood,breathing fire,shooting stuff out of your headstock= COOL!!! I think the INVASION'S look,as well as others belonging to the 80's GLAM scene, was Ziggy Stardust and T-REX on STEROIDS !! Just taking it FURTHER.

LOVE IT !! -PB71-
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Re: Vinnie Vincent - Invasion 1986

Post by metatron »

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You know, I don't think those are really Laney cabs either! I've an 85' quad box and it's got a metal grate on the front. These look like they have a material mesh. Wouldn't be surprised if they were just cheap ass boxes (there are NO speakers in them) and Laney sent Vinnie a few badges to screw onto the front! We all know he was plugged into a Marshall out the back anyway!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

As an artist he may have gotten some custom cabinets. Or not, ha ha.

Dannii, cool new pics, where did these come from?
metatron

Post by metatron »

I'd tell u but I'd have to kill you..my good mate Vinnie sent them to me....ebay
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sweet, I haven't seen those.
Billy

Post by Billy »

Great pics,i think the androgynous image is pretty kool! Anyone know what Vinnie's purple jacket in some of those pics is made of? Thanks,i'm trying to get one like it.
Hello Rainbow Eyes.........Im Back! \m/