scans

Post any Vinnie pics here
beachbabe13

scans

Post by beachbabe13 »

heres some photos i scanned of vv from my 80s magazines (yes i made the watermark big, so no one steals them :lol: )Image Image
Attachments
IMAG0106.JPG
AnkhWarrior

Re: scans

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Pretty cool, although these pics have been around online forever. Thanks!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks for the scans, the watermark looks nice on the first one. :)
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

That Laney ad is the reason I switched to Laney amps back in the day -- a decision I have never regretted.
Vinnie who?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Kuron wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:03 am That Laney ad is the reason I switched to Laney amps back in the day -- a decision I have never regretted.
#metoo :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

shramiac wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:13 am #metoo :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P
Super Cool! :mrgreen:
Vinnie who?
beachbabe13

Post by beachbabe13 »

Kuron wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:03 am That Laney ad is the reason I switched to Laney amps back in the day -- a decision I have never regretted.
what kind of guitars did you use? :D
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Kuron wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:07 pm
shramiac wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:13 am #metoo :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P
Super Cool! :mrgreen:
Still have my 70W Celestian loaded quad box and my AOR 50W head! That thing is LOUD!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

beachbabe13 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 am
what kind of guitars did you use? :D
Well for me, I had a Washburn G8V (EMG Selects and yucky single locking Floyd)) before I bought a couple of yellow & pink Ibanez JEMs. The grill on the front of my cab was a little rusty, so I painted it in yellow & pink fluro paint, in the design of the centre bit of the zebra fur on the Animalize cover! Very tasty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hah! I just realised that there were two Vs in that design! All these years later and my brain finally caught up! :P

My cat pissed on it and it started to rust again near the bottom, so I got the grill and the handles powder coated a much more respectable white! :mrgreen:
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

beachbabe13 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 amwhat kind of guitars did you use? :D
Did... Past tense... Eqads! I have a hard time remembering everything I have now, trying to remember everything I had back then. Dang TBI back in 2014 doesn't help the memory either. :?

I had a Harmony Flying V. Image below is NOT of my guitar, but mine looked just like it. I do wish I still had this. It played decently, had a Mahogany body and really had some sustain. Put DiMarzio Super Distortions in it. I had a Peavey T60 (guitar) and a Peavey T40 (bass). And I had a Madeira (made by Guild) acoustic that I built a custom pickup system for. Kinda wish I still had that acoustic because it had an adjustable saddle which made it easy to raise or lower the action. Mainly wish I still had it because my grandfather bought it for me and it was my first guitar. :wink:

Vinnie who?
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

shramiac wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:47 pm Still have my 70W Celestian loaded quad box and my AOR 50W head! That thing is LOUD!
I honestly could not tell you the model of my Laney amp unless I went and looked and right now, I can't. All I can remember is it is a 1X12 combo and I can get almost any sound I want out of it. I moved almost 3 years ago to marry the woman of my dreams and start a new life. Unfortunately ALL of my studio gear and instruments are still packed and stuffed in the one bedroom. You literally can't even get in that bedroom and stuff not affected by climate is stuffed into two storage lockers. I have not been able to afford to build a new studio yet so I can get everything unpacked. To make things worse, I have bought several guitars since I moved here and they are kept in the one bathroom, stacked in the bathtub until I can get my studio going.

Pure torture to have over 30 guitars and not be able to play them or even get to 90% of them. Not to mention all of my other instruments. :|
Vinnie who?
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

shramiac wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:56 pmThe grill on the front of my cab was a little rusty, so I painted it in yellow & pink fluro paint, in the design of the centre bit of the zebra fur on the Animalize cover! Very tasty! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That sounds cool. Eventually, I plan to get some pink tolex and recover my laney or find some decent pink vinyl paint and paint it.

shramiac wrote:My cat pissed on it and it started to rust again near the bottom, so I got the grill and the handles powder coated a much more respectable white! :mrgreen:
We currently have 9 cats and a dog (all rescues). Against better judgement, I am considering getting a "studio cat" once I get the studio built.
Vinnie who?