Post any Vinnie pics here
sandra_41

more VV picts

Post by sandra_41 »

i hope you like it!

and my fav:

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I never saw those !!! :shock: Very COOL !!!

I am going to use the one of Vinnie's guitar for my T J Monster.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great pics Rick. Thanks
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The pics are from Sandra41. :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh yeah, doh!!!! :roll:

I didn't notice, thanks Sandra!!!!!!!!!!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That really is a great photo of the first VVV. The most detail I've ever seen of it. It looks kind of plain/empty without his right hand covering it in a playing position! The second pickup really filled the space out. And Rick you're right, TJ could get a very accurate measurement off this photo. The guitar is nearly dead straight on in the pic.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I have waited a very long time to see a picture like that of the VVV guitar !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i look at that trem and wonder what tricks Floyd Rose told Vinnie to keep it in tune. They met in the early 80s i believe.
sandra_41

Post by sandra_41 »

I'm glad you liked the picts!

a couple more:

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Wow, Sandra has the motherload !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

He Sandra,

The pics are unique! Thanx for sharing

Wolfi
sandra_41

Post by sandra_41 »

you're welcome :D
my daughter Luxx gave me permission to post these pictures here,I think she scanned those photos from magazines. whatever,later I will post more of these picts :P

blessings!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Has anyone else noticed on Vinnie's Floyd Rose that besides the two pivot points that fulcrum the whammy bar, there are six holes in it as if it was once attached to a guitar body like an older Stratocaster bridge would've been ? COOL !!! I never noticed that before.

The bridge saddles are also not square and flat like in most Floyds. They seem to retain the shape that we all know yet have a Strat-like bump that the string rests over .

Vic,maybe you would be nice enough to move this and the Speedball Jam picture to the Vinnie's Gear section as well?

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i bet vinnie had some protypes.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:Has anyone else noticed on Vinnie's Floyd Rose that besides the two pivot points that fulcrum the whammy bar, there are six holes in it as if it was once attached to a guitar body like an older Stratocaster bridge would've been ? COOL !!! I never noticed that before.

The bridge saddles are also not square and flat like in most Floyds. They seem to retain the shape that we all know yet have a Strat-like bump that the string rests over .

Vic,maybe you would be nice enough to move this and the Speedball Jam picture to the Vinnie's Gear section as well?
No dude! They're just the intonation screws for the saddles not screw holes in the body. Older floyds had up to 3 holes for intonation.

http://www.vintagekramer.com/parts/protofloyd1.jpg
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I knew that Floyd's never screwed into the body like a Strat trem would - YES, Shramiac is correct. I just don't remember those holes going to the edge of the metal like that.I have taken aprt Floyds many times and used those holes a lot. I'm a dipshit. I will look at all of my Floyds when I get home and check that out.

Talk about something that has been under my nose for decades annd it never caught my eye . :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote: I'm a dipshit.

Ah..........................no, I've got too much class to touch the obvious joke there! :lol: :lol: :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'd be disappointed in you if you didn't. I lobbed one over the plate for anyone wanting to hit it out of the park. :( :( :(

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Those saddles are unique to me though.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I was wondering what holes you were talking about Rick, I couldn't work it out, but shramiac understood.

They are just some of the intonation holes as he said, they are in the Floyd itself, not the body of the guitar, which would indicate a Floyd conversion.

Being the guitars they are, these would all have been built for Floyds, not converted after.

They do stand out on that last pic especially, being a chrome floyd and all the holes being visible like that.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I understand that there were no holes in the body.I wasn't saying anything was converted. I was just wondering about the origin of the Floyd itself. I own a non fine tuning Floyd from the mid eighties and I don't recall the extra holes. The visible holes on the Floyd Threw me of for a second . :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

I REALLY REALLY Like Sandra's Avatar !!!
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Is this from '96 ???
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

YES.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

cool, i've never seen the whole picture , i wish a bigger color version exists
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

But to give credit to Rick's dipshittedness! He HAS brought up something? :shock: The pink VVV has what appears to be one of the first Floyds made!

Here is a non fine tuner Floyd,
http://www.vintagekramer.com/parts/floydnotun.jpg

And here is the early non fine tuner Floyd I first posted which looks like the one on the pink VVV,

http://www.vintagekramer.com/parts/protofloyd1.jpg

Note the nuts for the intonation bolts at the back of the bridge plate on the proto and on the close-up photo of Vinnie (where he's hugging it)! The "newer" one has the back of the bridge plate threaded for the intonation bolts!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, it seemed that the people who got the earliest of Floyds liked to stick with them, EVH notwithstanding.
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

Both types of bridge fit together in exactly the same way. The intonation is set by positioning the saddle in the desired position ane tightening it down using a small Allen bolt which goes through one of a choice of three threaded holes near the neckmost edge of the bridge plate. The longer bolts which go into the rear of the saddle are simply for tightening the saddle insert to clamp the string end. On the older bridges, these also had a nut fitted which was useful when adjusting intonation, as it stopped the saddle sliding forward but once the saddle is clamped down, the nut is redundant. I have two of the Japanese made Floyd Rose branded bridges, same as Vinnie's, plus an earlier non branded one, which looks the same but in fact all dimensions are slightly different (including the fulcrum post spacing). I also have some of the Getman made non tuning units. Contrary to what is usually claimed, the German ones were not a predecessor of the fine tuner bridges, they were made at the same time as a cheaper OEM fitting for the cheaper Kramers. The ones Vinnie has were Japanese, made by Fernandes.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote: Here is a non fine tuner Floyd,
Tommy, Are the bridges made of the same materials?

I own one or two of these and was gonna just send them to Vinnie but if they're cheapies...

I believe mine came off of some cheap Strikers yet the materials may be the same as the other Floyds. :?: :?: :?:

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote:But to give credit to Rick's dipshittedness!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

the very first original non fine tuner floyds were made with stainless steel saddles.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

D'oh! I meant the string clamp bolts not "intonation bolts"! :oops: See Poser, why I didn't hassle you for your dipshittedness? Because it always comes back to bite you when you pay out on someone else!! :cry:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

News to me. Very interesting. Are you saying vinnie's Floyd came off a Fernandes? My impression was Grover got it from Floyd himself. So you think vv's Floyd is not the Kramer type? Wish Vinnie did tech questions. I am not sure why he doesn't truthfuly. If the tremendous was made by Fernandes .. what model would it have been standards on I liked the Fernandes guitars I played in the 80s.
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

VV had, if I remember rightly, one of the Kramer bridges on a Double V (maybe the Carvin or Washburn) but the Jacksons all had the earlier model from the early production runs pre Kramer getting involved. From what I can tell the metal used seems to be the same on the Fernandes (it's the FRT3 model) and the German/Schaller ones however the chrome seems thicker on the FRT3 and it also has a bigger block. The chrome FRT3 I have has got the bolted on, non removable arm, whereas the black one on my Rhoads has the little collar which the arm screws into, same as the German units. Re giving them away to Vinnie, quite honestly I think you'd get no thanks and you'd be better off selling them on eBay and pocketing the cash!
Sandimas

Post by Sandimas »

poserboy71 wrote:
shramiac wrote: Here is a non fine tuner Floyd,
Tommy, Are the bridges made of the same materials?

I own one or two of these and was gonna just send them to Vinnie but if they're cheapies...

I believe mine came off of some cheap Strikers yet the materials may be the same as the other Floyds. :?: :?: :?:
They're only cheap insofar as having less parts to manufacture. The quality of metal is very good, they wear really well on the pivot points etc.
doublev

Post by doublev »

yes, i think we all were going to send vinnie a present of non fine tuning floyds at one stage. not now.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'd still do it.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

well send him it. he has a po box that is free info on the internet if you look up who owns vinnievincent.com vinnievincentguitar1.com vinnievincentonline.com etc..

ed roman searches those non fine tuning trems out for brad gillis. Gillis has over 20 of them with most coming from ed roman. if ed finds one it goes straight to brad.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I realize why I never noticed the holes that far up on the Floyd. Most of my Floyds have the saddles up near the edge and ALSO the guitars themselves are mostly dark colors.

Plus I rarely look at my guitars straight on as I play them. :lol:

Funny how I got so confused by that picture when it's a basic Floyd.

I would love to see the ORIGINAL Floyds that Mr. Floyd Rose machined in his garage. :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'm also tempted to put the Non fine tuning Floyd on my T J Monster body blank.

TJ , can you rape the dimensions off of that picture above ? The upper wings are closer in length than I thought.

Oh those BEAUTIFUL BEVELS !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
wolfgang161272

Funny Vinni Pic

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Here it is

sunnyto666

Re: more VV picts

Post by sunnyto666 »

[color=#FF00FF][/color]I DID IT MY WAY!
sunnyto666

Post by sunnyto666 »

[color=#FF00FF][/color]I DID IT MY WAY!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I can't see the whole photo on any of these anymore? Is that a problem at my end?
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

shramiac wrote:I can't see the whole photo on any of these anymore? Is that a problem at my end?
Yes, I can see it :)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Shram, I can't see the entire picture anymore also.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Me too...tried several browsers & different resolution. Similar problem every time.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I will look into it dudes...
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

metatron wrote:Me too...tried several browsers & different resolution. Similar problem every time.
Oh, mistake: I can't see the hole picture...only the left side to the middle of the pic