MY FAVORITE:

IN COLOR:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool find Rick. Sure he was acting weird but at least Vinnie was out of the house back then.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Man he looks feminine in these pictures
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

It makes me sad to see him in that makeup years after he left the band.Kind of strange and pathetic to me..
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

That's Vinnie in person, but for me he looks like a different person. No idea why but thats no the ankh warrior for me....sad sad sad
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

His makeup is a bit sad looking, that's the problem. It's like they didn't have the right stuff, like Kiss used.
teej

Post by teej »

the wriggler doesnt help much either
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

wriggler?

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

For me it's like seeing Bela Lugosi putting on the Dracula cape years after the 1931 Universal classic. I'm so happy he did it.

Yes , the make up is different than what was used in Kiss. At least the GOLD is and Vinnie didn't bring his lips to points. It's not like Vinnie had been putting it on daily for years before the convention tour.

When Kiss did the reunion, their first attempts at the make up looked funky to me as well.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PLUS---- I'm quite sure Vinnie was compensated very nicely for going the extra mile. :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

he never looked comfortable during that. by the way thats the guitar thats in cardiff now.
doublev

Post by doublev »

strange how he wrote 'kiss 84' on the guitar, yet at the hard rock its says 82 to 84.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

In the concert video of this convention Vinnie is so low in the mix you can't hear a single chord that he is playing and he never once played a solo. Can you imagine that the "Sulton of Overplaying" never once even played a solo with a cover band that was playing his Kiss Songs? He could have ripped them to shreds and this was very odd. I'm not even certain that he was even connected to an amplifier and not just up there playing air guitar on that old Jackson Rhoads. I'll have to pull that DVD out soon and give it another listen but I don't think that you can hear Vinnie play a note. :shock:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

You can hear him. His guitar sound is really thin and low in volume.

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

poserboy71 wrote:wriggler?
Wig dude

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
teej

Post by teej »

Slayer wrote:In the concert video of this convention Vinnie is so low in the mix you can't hear a single chord that he is playing and he never once played a solo. Can you imagine that the "Sulton of Overplaying" never once even played a solo with a cover band that was playing his Kiss Songs? He could have ripped them to shreds and this was very odd. I'm not even certain that he was even connected to an amplifier and not just up there playing air guitar on that old Jackson Rhoads. I'll have to pull that DVD out soon and give it another listen but I don't think that you can hear Vinnie play a note. :shock:
this is the tour that is doccumented here somewhere .. the promoter had to force vin to play with the cover band .. every night he didnt want to .. so probs thats why he cant be fucked even making an effort .. too busy wanting to get back to the hotel to nuke the promoters credit card some more ;)

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Thanks DUDE !!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i doubt that guitar even worked. he just wanted to sell his fucked up guitar for a lot of money, and i still doubt it was used in kiss.
Vinnie was basically a nightmare for the promoter.
doublev

Post by doublev »

he had a contract, but when he got to sweden he basically didn't want to do anything and started using the promoters credit card to buy stuff.
doublev

Post by doublev »

its typical of him. 'don't give you fans anything' - don't give them what they want. Just don't give them fuck all. Thats his way. What guitar player would travel 5 thousand miles to just show up and not play for the fans. You would think he would want to play for them after so long. He has not been seen playing his guitar since 1991. He has a weird thing that he wants to not let his fans hear his music and playing. What musician on the planet pas or present has that attitude. Usually you can not wait to get out and play for people who love you.
its crazy stuff and I just can not believe it. I gave him way more respect than he ever should have had.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Is there footage from 1991?

NEWBEGINNINGS
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

I have come to the conclusion that either vinn has mental problems or he just doesnt want to be involved in the music buisness anymore.I dont know what his personal life like is but for all we know he could be working at mcdonalds or walmart who knows since everyone is always asking"what happened to vinnie".But one thing seems clear is that everything he does seems to sabotage his career and It makes me sad that such a talented indavidual is giving up on making great music and on the fans that still care whether he makes music at all.As much as I want to see him rage back with a new album,tour,pink jackson double v ect..I am now certain that will never happen.Somewhere along the line vinnie either got sick of the music buisness or all the problems he has had over the last 15 years has driven him crazy.But for now I still have 2 great invasion albums and all the work he did with kiss to occupy me and that is enough to keep me happy....
teej

Post by teej »

........ Saint .. sadly I have been saying the same things for many years and up untill the 'return' of himself .. I was called a negative non-believer .. stoned to death I was :P .. but still I am not happy that I was right .. I wish he had proved me wrong

doublev

Post by doublev »

footage in 1991 on andre labelles website.

yes, deep down i always believed it but i thought he may have changed. Wrong.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

That may be enough for you but not for me knowing what Vinnie is capable of. I wish he would just come back and play.

He needs to not worry about image.Don't put a 20 year old photo on the cover of the CD/DVD. Let's see the man as he is now. A little tummy with a receding hairline-WHOOPEE. Shit happens and it happens to all of us . Growing older is a bitch right? Vinnie has the capability to still have a spot next to the greats and get the respect he deserves. He can play in many different styles VERY WELL. His marketability has the chance of being wide open. He could be a CGP-Certified Guitar Player.(Chet Atkins)

Imagine Vinnie releasing a group of albums/ instructional-performance DVD's in different genres on the same day. Rock, Jazz fushion , Country/Bluegrass, Pop, A ballads album,etc...
It would BLOW FUCKING MINDS !!! Guitar Player magazine would be all over it. Vinnie could land a spot on the G3 Tour.

Vinnie has the capabilities to OWN everybody if he would get his head on straight.

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

agreed .. if only he could find it .. I do believe it's burried so far up his own ass it would take a Chillean mining crew to find it .. ;)

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

In a real world I'd agree with you guys 100%. But we don't live in a real world. We live in the Matr!x. In the real world KISS would have zero fans, cause no-one wants to look at Genes Pubic hair transplants & Paul's old slapa get up. No they have to put on their superheros consumes & sell the dream. Youth & the illusion of the feeling when you were young. I remember seeing KISS on their first reunion tour, Second row. Man I was blow away. I felt like a little kid with bubble gum scented KISS cards. That's why Stars Wars, Transformers, suck us all in. Cause we want that feeling...I'd love to see a 90's version VV. Man you'd have to scrap me off the floor afterwards. In saying that, with VV I'll take anything I can get. It would all be good by me.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
PinkWiz

Re: MISC. CONVENTION PHOTOS 1996

Post by PinkWiz »

haha metatron, i know you posted that a year ago but i LOL'd at your "bubble gum scented KISS cards" comment! i thought i was the only one who sniffed his KISS cards to get that nostalgic 1978 bubblegum smell again haha!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

EVERYONE sniffed their bubblegum Kiss cards!!!!!!!!!!!
Iceman75

Post by Iceman75 »

I still do, but they're a bit musty now.