Revenge Sessions

Post any Vinnie pics here
Streetbeat

Revenge Sessions

Post by Streetbeat »

I was told there are more pics of this sessions ...

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Wow, I just got a shiver for some reason. Almost like I shouldn't see that photo. VERY COOL, Keep'em coming.

I wonder how much Vinnie played on the 'Revenge' album. I have often wondered if Bruce thought he was on his way out and if Vinnie thought it was his second chance to REJOIN Kiss . I'm sure Bruce and Vinnie traded some licks. Would love to hear that session.

-PB71
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ah, I remember that photo. Vinnie was looking cool.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Verry cool pic!!! I don't know that
doublev

Post by doublev »

that was while he was also working on gfh .

they bumped into each other while vinnie was demoing gfh tracks at the time and they hit it off until they worked on hearts of chrome and it all went sour again. lots of rumours flying around from people
Last edited by doublev on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batman

Post by Batman »

doublev wrote:that was while he was also working on gfh .

they bumped into each other while vinnie was demoing gfh tracks at the time and they hit it off until they worked on hearts of chrome and it all went sour again. lots of rumours flying around from people saying vinnie was telling people that they had kicked bruce out and he was back in from vinnie spreading rumours about in fighting in the band, none which i know for sure.
I think Gene's version was that he had heart about Vinnie's bankruptcy (1989-90ish) and had invited him back for writing because he felt "sorry" for him. Of course we know Vinnie was working on GFH at the same time, so the true story might be a mix of them both. I remember that long "in depth" interview that was posted back on the old forum which was done after the breakup of the Invasion...I think around early 90s. The interview made Vinnie really appear as a sinister character, but it was a good read! In this interview (I think) he mentioned that Gene wanted Vinnie to play on the Heart of Chrome demo, but he refused. And this is were it all began.

Btw, Heart of Chrome is a greatly underrated song! it's killer!
doublev

Post by doublev »

yes, i think its the best tune v wrote on that record, just ahead of unholy.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I rarely believe anything Kiss says as fact. Bruce may have been on his way out so Gene & Paul bring Vinnie in to straighten Bruce out by scaring him. A possibility for sure. The rhythm playing on 'Heart Of Chrome' has Vinnie ALL OVER IT !!
-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

poserboy71 wrote:I rarely believe anything Kiss says as fact. Bruce may have been on his way out so Gene & Paul bring Vinnie in to straighten Bruce out by scaring him. A possibility for sure. The rhythm playing on 'Heart Of Chrome' has Vinnie ALL OVER IT !!
-PB71-
I doubt Bruce was leaving. He was a bit upset about the whole reunion thing and how he and singer was kicked out.
doublev

Post by doublev »

no, i think they were happy with bruce, he seems an easy guy to live with and i think thats priority for them.

I do have an interview around the time of the hot in the shade release where Eric Carr seemed pretty pissed off. It sounded like he was a little sick of kiss, but that may have just been the way he was reported and not how he was.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I doubt it too. As far as the reunion , BRUCE knew it was EVENTUALLY gonna happen. With Kiss, they seem to stretch the truth A LOT !! Had Eric Carr lived, do you really think he would still be a member of Kiss ? Vinnie could have been brought in to write under false pretense and when things didn't materialize, Vinnie bailed on the sessions.

Funny thing, in Vinnie's year or two with Kiss, I think he wrote/co-wrote more Kiss songs than Frehley and Criss combined. If not it is damn close.

-PB71-

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

true, i think he co wrote 11 songs in like a 12 month period, 15 in total with revenge. If you don't count Ace and Peter's solo records I think Ace wrote 12 or 13 (including into the void) and Peter I think maybe 7 or 8. I am not a kiss expert so i could be wrong.
Personally I think Eric Carr was pissed about writing All hells breakin loose, which ended up having all members credited and then hardly featuring in the video and I think the fact he had to fight tooth and nail to get little ceaser on hot in the shade (which had a lot of tunes) was starting to get to him . Also they refused him to play on Ace Frehley's album.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yes, No solo albums .Those don't count as Kiss albums in my book. You are correct about Eric Carr.

NEWBEGINNINGS