Vinnie magazine ad

Post any Vinnie pics here
poserboy71

Vinnie magazine ad

Post by poserboy71 »

This has been driving me nuts for a while now being that I wanted to BREAK this to you guys who may not know or remember this particular advertisement . It was in one of the Guitar magazines after the INVASION broke up. Vinnie is sitting down (a side profile) with a white background ,I believe that he is holding the IBANEZ VVV, a huge gust of wind is blowing him backwards, I think that there is a flying dog in the picture as well as other things. It looks like those classic speaker ads where someone is getting BLOWN AWAY.
NOTE- Vinnie is going AU NATURALE with his hair (sans wig). The ad is so fucking cool but I can't remember what magazine and what year it came out. I think it was only in one issue and I KNOW I own it !! Does anyone remember this?

-Poserboy71-
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well Rick, you better FIND it and scan it in so we can see it. Never seen it myself but now I want to!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
mp5999

Post by mp5999 »

do you have a rough idea of the timeframe? I have hundreds of those old guitar magazines in my garage.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

mp5999 wrote:do you have a rough idea of the timeframe? I have hundreds of those old guitar magazines in my garage.
ME TOO and it's killing me. It could be from 1989-1996. I can't remember. I guess I'll be in the garage a while tonight. The funny thing is when I first saw the ad , I didn't realize it was Vinnie. In small print next to him it says "Vinnie Vincent-guitar hero" DAMN !!!!! :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
teej

Post by teej »

news to me too .. find it bro
CrimsonIdol

Re: Vinnie magazine ad

Post by CrimsonIdol »

This one?

teej

Post by teej »

aye :) .. thats the fella .. pretty obscure .. and who's local dealer was he playing at ? :P
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev

Post by doublev »

that is hands down the best look vv had.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool ad.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yes, Someone posted this elsewhere. Thanks for putting it in this thread. Cool rocker look.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Seriously, how many more records could they have sold if they had this kind of look rather than the over the top glam look? Double...triple????
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
CrimsonIdol

Post by CrimsonIdol »

shramiac wrote:Seriously, how many more records could they have sold if they had this kind of look rather than the over the top glam look? Double...triple????
In the 80s? They would have sold fewer. The only bands that didn't look like that were thrash or death metal bands and they certainly didn't sell a lot of records outside of a few bands like Metallica.

I don't know, I was 12 so it seemed normal to me. I like the glam look they had. It was so over the top and ridiculous that it was awesome.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, you have to remember the times. Kiss looked pretty dreadful during the Asylum era. A lot better on Crazy Nights and great on HITS.

The times kept changing and bands/people did to. Sure we wish VVI looked more like they did at the end the whole time, but it had to be a natural progression, to get to that more natural look.