Goran Edman

Post Vinnie and Vinnie related interveiews here
ankh

Goran Edman

Post by ankh »

Goran Edman

I know you did vocals for GLORY and Vinnie Vincent and I'd appreciate if you could tell me more about these experiences.

G.E : In GLORY I was deeply involved in the songwriting of "CRISIS VS CRISIS " and the latest album "WINTERGREEN". I also wrote all the lyrics. We wanted to take a giant step from what people was expecting from us by changing GLORY´s music style a little. Especially "CRISIS VS CRISIS" continues some tracks I still like such as "Exposure", "Set the world on fire", "Believe in a miracle". Unfortunately our record company in Japan had a different opinion. The Vinnie Vincent experience started back in the MADISON era just after his 1st album when he needed a singer to make the tour. I once made a demo tape with someone called Dag Eliasson from EF Band where Dragan ( KHARMA) played rhythm guitar. Vinnie heard that tape and liked my voice. One day I received a phone call from him. I was asked to make a voice test by singing 8 tracks from his first album where I was supposed to copy Robert Fleishman's vocals. He liked the result and told me in person that I was a member of the band. MADISON's management took abuse of the situation and started to threaten Vinnie´s record company, Chrysalis, and claimed a ransom of 1 million kronor to relief me from my contract. In the matter of fact the contract I had to Kazam International was not binding from a legal point of view but their claims stirred up the situation and Vinnie picked another singer. After his 2nd album in 1988, I received a call again where he asked me to come to L.A and work with him. He said that he had a record contract and wanted me to sing on 9 songs as an audition. In the matter of fact he was not signed to Chrysalis anymore and needed a demo. He told me to wait for him to find another company as Chrysalis was not interested and I waited for 8 months till finally Yngwie's manager called me one day and asked if I was interested to go to Miami for an audition. Ironically, just after I got back from Miami to pick my things, Vinnie called me and said that he had a deal and needed my passport number to bring me over. He became very disappointed but respected my choice.

In 1988 when the demo was done you were also in John Norum´s band, Göran. How did you get the time to get involved with Vanessa as well?
Göran: Well, I was in and out of John´s band, as he did his first try with Glenn Hughes in the spring of 1988. When I did the Vanessa demo, I only did it as a hired guy. Then I rejoined Norum for the summer tour, as he begged me to come back as Hughes turned out to be incapable to tour. I quite liked the Vanessa songs, but as they didn´t get a deal there was very little for me to do move on. Back then almost every major hard rock band in Sweden wanted me to sing for them. Not only John Norum, Yngwie Malmsteen and my old band Madison, it was also Alien, Talisman, Swedish Erotica and in the US Vinnie Vincent invited me to his band. I sang on the demos Vinnie got his second deal with. I was supposed to sing on his third album, but by then I had joined Yngwie Malmsteen. Maybe it was for the better, as that third Vinnie Vincent album remains unreleased as the label in question, Enigma, folded. Göran: Really? I didn´t know that. -

Göran: I admit being rotten to Dragan. I really wanna thank you, Dragan, for putting up with all this. I feel so happy with this album, it´s the record of my carrer. Not just when it comes to the music, I feel great with the people in the band. That´s very important as well. With this album I´m 90 percent satisfied, and that is a lot for being me. The closest to this one is the Glory album "Crisis v/s Crisis" which I´m satisfied to 45 percent with. The Yngwie records I only like to 20-30 percent. On the Norum album "Total Control" I only like one song, "Back On The Streets". The Madison records I can´t even listen to,
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Goran Edman

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks for posting.

Interesting comments there from Goran.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
ankh

Post by ankh »

:)
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

That was a good read Ankh!
SimonBFrostSr

Post by SimonBFrostSr »

GORAN EDMAN ROCKS and is a wicked cool guy!
metatron

Post by metatron »

I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.