Edgar Winter on Vinnie Vincent

Post Vinnie and Vinnie related interveiews here
doublev

Edgar Winter on Vinnie Vincent

Post by doublev »

sorry, i can not listen to this, sound has gone form my computer for some reason. I am of the understanding that Edgar Winter speaks about finding Vinnie. Let me know please
[youtube][/youtube]
doublev

Post by doublev »

did v play on this album? anyone know?
http://tabazk.blogspot.com/2009/10/edga ... -1979.html
KISSFAQ

Post by KISSFAQ »

The mention is in pt. 1

"I remember Vinnie, we had a great time." Discovered Vinnie in New York came from a circle of musician friends.

There's little more substantive than that. I'm not aware of V playing on the EW album, but it is possible since he did the support tour for it. The album came out in 8/79...
doublev

Post by doublev »

thanks monsieur kissfaq. yes it seems like he toured in 79 and 80. Do you have the live treasure recordings with Vinnie?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Johnny Winter is a CLASS ACT !!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

i would know all about johnny winter he produced the newly previously unreleased thunderhead album in 1975( its now available as of this week on ITunes to celebrate the 35 year anniversary of the abc recording thunderhead did in 1975 ) and also perfoms on it. we booked some shows to support the revival of the johnny produced band... edgar also sings on one track. ..

bobby torello was playing in swan Here in CT just be for vinnie joined the band but bobby moved to New orleans to be apart of thunderhead. bobby later joing johnny winter from 77-82, then grace slick, then later Micheal bolton (when he did rock).. small world

cb
doublev

Post by doublev »

didn't bruce kulick play with michael bolton?
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

live and on the records it was scott zito and bobby torello on drums (live) then after the every bodys crazy tour bolton fired every one ( by simply just never calling them again)

hes one true ass hole fyi bolton
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

bruce was in blackjack (with bolton) if i remember correctly... i never liked bruces playing
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I have the Blackjack album somewhere with Bruce on it, and have the video somewhere of the clip. Bruce sports a nice moustache!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

Bruce never did it for me. I think his style was not distinct enough for me. I thought some solos on asylum and crazy nights were good . Hot in the shade for me had the worst guitar solos of any kiss record along with that final sessions record. I think mark St john as shy as he was did have more of his own style.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

bruce just sucked sorry guys ....

i have an instructional and its just bad

not to mention i gota chance to talk to him one time and the whole tim ehe kept wanting me to buy his solo record .

i f i liked you THAT much i would have already had it ...

sorry bruce
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So Chris, you promise not to keep making me buy your records if we meet?... :wink:

I think Bruce did a good job. I have is instructional vid from 86 or so and I thought it was good. He can certainly play like a mofo and is way better than me.
doublev

Post by doublev »

yes, he's a great player, i just didn't care for his style at times that much.

funny, the two times i asked him about vinnie he mentioned his solo record, but he has to make a living a spread the word.

he said he met vinnie in the 70s when when vworked in a new york city guitar store. he said he was very talented.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, you can't deny Vinnie has talent, he's got it in spades...
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I like Bruce's playing and his personality. He fit what Kiss wanted - someone who would do what they wanted ,when they wanted it. Paul and Gene also didn't have another main songwriter to contend with and fight for album space and royalties. We all know that story.
-PB71-
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

be nice you may not have to buy it ...... gene baby i might just hook you UP.
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

yea they loved bruce for being a puppet ... now his brother is a monster player.. :-)

yea im just not a bruce kulick fan i do respect him for his abilities and his work ethic.
teej

Post by teej »

chris bickley wrote:yea they loved bruce for being a puppet ... now his brother is a monster player.. :-)

yea im just not a bruce kulick fan i do respect him for his abilities and his work ethic.
he seems to be a very nice guy in the way that Brian May is a very nice guy but equally a BORING BASTARD!

I bought said instructional video and promptly threw it in the bin .. nothing like teaching people to suck eggs to piss them off
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

teej your one of a kind i love it ~!! :-)
KISSFAQ

Post by KISSFAQ »

doublev wrote:Do you have the live treasure recordings with Vinnie?
Think I've got the two that are on Wolfgang's Vault somewhere...
http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/treasure/
Detroit

Re:

Post by Detroit »

KISSFAQ wrote:
doublev wrote:Do you have the live treasure recordings with Vinnie?
Think I've got the two that are on Wolfgang's Vault somewhere...
http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/treasure/
Just found this. Thanks a lot for this link. Didn't know this material existed. It was magical listening Cusano play alive back in -77. Very good band, great songs. And Cusano plays very well too. You can here these certain Vinnie Vincent things here already. But surely it's been quite a step from this to Invasion playing style. Wish he would still be around playing something. Anything.
Only the truth can set you free
PinkWiz

Re: Edgar Winter on Vinnie Vincent

Post by PinkWiz »

Awesome, you can hear Vinnie on lead vocals on the song Innocent Eyes! Pretty sure he wrote that tune also...
erg2

Re: Edgar Winter on Vinnie Vincent

Post by erg2 »

I listened to those a while ago. I don't think the Treasure songs were the best written songs...they needed "something"...they just don't pop. Sometimes mediocre is worse than outright bad.

What is interesting, especially with the live recordings, is hearing Vinnie. Obviously he hadn't become "Vinnie Vincent", but you can absolutely hear little snippets of his style even on this middle-of-the-road pop/soul/rock stuff.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen