Faces sometime in 86

Post Vinnie and Vinnie related interveiews here
shramiac

Faces sometime in 86

Post by shramiac »

Ad for the album.

Didn't know Vinnie & Elton John were related??? Same hair!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also note in the first story about Y &T (hmm... maybe a classic 80s "BS for publicity story"?) they announce their new drummer Jimmy DeGrasso! A great drummer who went on to work with Megadeth!!

And our own Poserboy with Vinnie & Dana!
:P :P :P :P :P :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
imaginos

Re: Faces sometime in 86

Post by imaginos »

According to this article, Gene called Dana to congratulate Vinnie on his first album, stating that he liked the album.
This confirms my belief that Gene is actually nicer person than Paul.
Gene still had mentioned Vinnie at Rock and Roll hall of fame ceremony and he tried to protect Vinnie's privacy to some degree, meanwhile Paul pulled no punches (check out some 90's interviews and you'll see that Gene was reluctant to mention Vinnie's scam in details, stating to protect Vinnie's privacy, yet Paul was exposing the used favorite guitar scam of Vinnie on fans.
So, it appears to be Gene is a nicer person or has some soft spot for Vinnie after all the crap he has taken from Vinnie.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i didn't read all yet but the lesson about putting all his money into his demos is a good one. The guys who do things take mega risks and put money into their work to get what they want. I really like that story about Vinnie.

As for Gene liking VVI, I have a few interviews where he said he didn't like it but one said if he controlled his playing he would have liked it. They obviously knew it was good. I bet they both loved Ashes to Ashes and the more commercial tunes on ASG.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Gene is not a bad guy at all. I think being a band leader you are going to be hated but from what people have said I don't think he is bad. Hey we are all a mix of good and bad i guess.
Bye Bye
imaginos

Post by imaginos »

doublev2 wrote:i didn't read all yet but the lesson about putting all his money into his demos is a good one. The guys who do things take mega risks and put money into their work to get what they want. I really like that story about Vinnie.
As for Gene liking VVI, I have a few interviews where he said he didn't like it but one said if he controlled his playing he would have liked it. They obviously knew it was good. I bet they both loved Ashes to Ashes and the more commercial tunes on ASG.
Gene would have had his input if Vinnie stayed in Kiss and used the songs of VVI in Kiss album.
I believe Gene genuinely loved Vinnie's song writing yet was not too excited about his guitar solos. LOL
:lol:
imaginos

Post by imaginos »

doublev2 wrote:Gene is not a bad guy at all. I think being a band leader you are going to be hated but from what people have said I don't think he is bad. Hey we are all a mix of good and bad i guess.
Yes, I think Gene's 'Asshole' persona is exaggerated, potentially for the purpose of marketing.
Mikelangelo

Post by Mikelangelo »

It seems/sounds like Vinnie connected better with Gene, since from very begining.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, Paul did not get along with Vinnie it seems, though they did obviously write some killer tunes together.

Legend has it that Paul was jealous of Vinnie. He could write so well and play so well, he was set to show Paul up over time.
Commander in chief - VVF Army