Is "Mike Weeks" really Vinnie Vincent?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
shramiac

Re: Is "Mike Weeks" really Vinnie Vincent?

Post by shramiac »

He's great but to me it just sounds like someone playing Vinnie's licks. They're similar but still sounds like someone else. I bet Chris Broderick could copy Friedman's Megadeth solos to a tee!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

Chris Broderick does a FANTASTIC job!!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The top players can play like each other.

I think Mike does an eerily close job of playing like Vinnie.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

DaBonadono wrote:Chris Broderick does a FANTASTIC job!!!!
I hate Broderick!!!!!!!! Because I'm seriously jealous of his awesomeness!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

Seriously?????? What don't you like about him? My friend loves Al Pitrelli, and I always liked Marty.......but when I saw play Chris on The Big 4 CD, I was blown away. One of the best live shows I've ever seen done by Megadeth. My friend saw The Big 4 in the movie theater, and he thinks that they redid Dave Mustaine's vocals for the DVD.
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

Genebaby wrote:The top players can play like each other.

I think Mike does an eerily close job of playing like Vinnie.

"Eerily" is an understatement. Yes, top players can play like each other.......but EVERYONE has there own little twist (vibrato, bends, harmonics, etc.) Mike Weeks is a dead on player. I find it so hard to comprehend that not only does he follow the same playing patterns as Vinnie, the bends are identical, the whammy vibrato, the picking, the frenzy, the feel, the tone...........I mean.........seriously..............just youtube this shit. I wanna see it, that is all.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I am more surprised by the vocals. he is almost as good as RF.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Listen to the first few Apocrypha records if you want to hear a good marty copy from Tony Fredianelli

[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

DaBonadono wrote:Seriously?????? What don't you like about him? My friend loves Al Pitrelli, and I always liked Marty.......but when I saw play Chris on The Big 4 CD, I was blown away. One of the best live shows I've ever seen done by Megadeth. My friend saw The Big 4 in the movie theater, and he thinks that they redid Dave Mustaine's vocals for the DVD.

Damian, Read the small print. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is very obvious that Dave touched-up those vocals.
Last edited by poserboy71 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Thanks PB! Always read the fine print! LOL

And Dino, Apcrypha certainly did have the "Cacophony vibe" about them! I remember those album covers back in the day! Any Shrapnel release was virtually impossible to get at the time where I live!
doublev

Post by doublev »

I remember mustaine in 1990 saying apocrypha was one of his favourite bands.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Tony ended up joining THIRD EYE BLIND. He quit last year due to some "KISS to Vinnie Vincent" -like treatment.

From WIKI:

**Long time guitarist Tony Fredianelli left the band in early 2010. According to an article which quotes a lengthy letter of his, Fredianelli "... is suing the band for apparently being denied songwriting credits and benefits that he allegedly was entitled to.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

he was a good writer. Its always a problem joining an already established band.

I know VV got a bad deal.. at least he got songwriting credit.. i could have imagined they tried to not even give him that. I think its clear VV wrote some of those tunes totally without the co-writer.. but then Eric Carr wrote All hells breaking loose but everyone got some credit.. i suppose everyone altered the original somewhat.. i would actually really like to know what VV did to the song..
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Without knowing the facts , I can make an educated guess that Vinnie came up with chords and melodies that connected the ideas in the song thus making the song FLOW.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

One of vinnies high school friends came on the dv board and said he wrote lick it up in high school..
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Most likely , Vinnie wrote most if not all that Gene and Paul attached their name to.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

It sounds generous giving v a credit for all hells breaking loose unless he wrote the intro.
doublev

Post by doublev »

There is only really two parts to the song unless you include the solo section. Maybe vv filled in the music gaps from what Eric had written and gene and Paul wrote the lyrics. I would have been s little pissed if I was Eric. I don't understand why kiss didn't play that live in all shows.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Saying nice stuff about vinnie takes me back to the gold old days .
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ha ha Dino, enjoy it while it lasts.

I read some where that Eric was shocked at how All Hell's....turned out, being a rapping song. It was VERY different to what he brought to the band. I do think they all changed it.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Personally I think the rap thing was a brave risk. They could have done it as a all out 70s british rock style thing but I like the risk element to that tune.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think it's funny how the lyrics contradict themselves.

We ain't always winners but we're never gonna lose?
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

Genebaby wrote:I think it's funny how the lyrics contradict themselves.

We ain't always winners but we're never gonna lose?
"but this is the life we choose"
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

I got a response from Mike Weeks on FB. He wrote that he is going to start posting more youtube clips, but initially he will be posting clips to promote his new record. Also, at some point he would like to do an original that sounded like Vincent/Fleischman.
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

Sorry Genebaby..............I just caught what you meant..............The very beginning and very end of that verse.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah man, strange huh?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

DaBonadono wrote:I got a response from Mike Weeks on FB. He wrote that he is going to start posting more youtube clips, but initially he will be posting clips to promote his new record. Also, at some point he would like to do an original that sounded like Vincent/Fleischman.
Cool, videos would be great.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Never registered that vic, that is funny . Not much meaning to a lot of kiss songs .
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Just listening to Dance All Over Your Face as I was mowing and Gene says,"I found lipstick stains of your kiss"! Is Gene checking other guy's wardrobes????
beano

Post by beano »

doublev wrote:mike, andre and tj racer would make a kick as heavy metal band..

with mike being on this board, no way would vv engage with him, he would see anyone here as an enemy. i still find it interesting that vv talks up robert. Robert has said some things about vv that you would think would end it, but andre only said cool things and he is on vv's black list. Pretty much Robert and Andre are best friends. Robert moved 2500 miles to live in the same town as Andre.

I really respect Andre, Robert, Mike Weeks and Bobby Rock. All very cool decent guys. Vinnie should have stayed cool with those guys in my opinion.
I hate to kick up old dirt, but have any of you heard this interview with TJ Racer?

[youtube][/youtube]
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Nvrmind that, I want to listen to some of Mike Week's stuff, but I can't seem to find anything now! HELP!

EDIT: Ok, found his version of "Boyz are Gonna Rock." and... damn... just tell me the guy released more things with that Fleishman-type voice, PLEASE!
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
beano

Post by beano »

Cernex wrote:Nvrmind that
Well I thought TJ dismissing working on GFH and talking about his project with LaBelle pretty relevent.... :shock:
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah, vinnie played bass on gfh according to Robert, Andre, the studio manager, Phil kenzie and another guy. This guy Chris lee is either a mistake or a vinnie alias.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

You have to remember Fleishman was used in the beginning because " he could sound like anybody " Vinnies own
words and Fleishman is not the only vocalist out there that has this talent same with guitarist. There are a number of people who can do it mostly studio guys thats what they are paid for to play just like who ever in the studio, thats why its always a shock to find out so and so never played guitar on there bands "insert song or album".
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"