The 2 album covers.....

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
birnie

The 2 album covers.....

Post by birnie »

I never understood the 2nd INVASION cover, All Systems Go.
..as in the lettering for album

The 1st was looked to be super balanced/laser cut lettering. Top stuff.
Systems Go lettering looks like it was drawn by someone in Yr9 with a protractor and compass????

What's the go?
Anyone got news on that?
Surely I'm not the only one who noticed.

:twisted:
Batman

Re: The 2 album covers.....

Post by Batman »

birnie wrote:I never understood the 2nd INVASION cover, All Systems Go.

Systems Go lettering looks like it was drawn by someone in Yr9 with a protractor and compass????

What's the go?
Anyone got news on that?

I like the cover :lol:

At least it doesn't look like this:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Batman wrote: At least it doesn't look like this:

Notice how they TRIED to keep the 'aura' colors from the solo albums for each member. Paul -purple Gene-red Bruce -blue Eric- had green lips even though he SHOULD'VE had rusty orange lips. Subliminal trickery !! :lol:

------Inspector Poserboy---------
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The cover just seemed very 80's to me, along with that abum's outfits....
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I don't think even "Saved by the Bell" had a wardrobe as bright as the Asylum show!!! Ha ha ha. Mmmmmm......Tiffany Amber Thiessen!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
metatron

Post by metatron »

birnie wrote:I never understood the 2nd INVASION cover, All Systems Go.

What's the go?
Anyone got news on that?

Think the ASG cover was done that was to portray a more organic mainstream looking/sounding band. Maybe to seem as a band that had grown. Don't get me wrong I love this album. A lot of fans love the first one more, but ASG it is easier to digest that the first one. A more commercial venture to say.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I have no issues with the covers of the two albums, never really thought about it too much. Neither featured the band on them so it was much of a muchness really.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

the only issue with asg is the title of the record was not clear. i know that a lot of people thought it was the first album cover until you put them side by side. obviously both are very different but to a casual fan who didn't take a lot of notice , they did not know it was a new album.

I do remember pre-ordering ASG and decided to get it on all 3 formats. The day of release my pre-order didn't arrive so I bought the LP and CD that day as I couldn't wait. Then the next day my pre-order arrived. I still have them unopened in shrink wrap. That was a day I will never forget. My parents had to listen to ASG all summer. I was at my grandma's when I first put it on and all I wanted was for her to leave the house so i could rock out on my own and pretend i was vinnie.

That album should have been a hit 'that time of year' and 'ashes to ashes' should have been on every radio show and mtv all year, why they were not is a mystery to me. You got to admit V has had some poor luck.