2. Animal
3. Heavens on fire
4. Boyz Are Gonna Rock
5. Get All You Can Take
6. Twisted
7. Under The Gun
8. While the City Sleeps
9. Thrills in the Night

Maybe a 10th track; Back on the Streets.

That would be one hell of a killer album!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I would actually love to hear Paul and Gene sing the INVASION stuff.
Last edited by poserboy71 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

poserboy71 wrote:Would actually love to hear Paul and Gene sing the INVASION stuff.
I can picture Gene singing Animal and Paul doing Twisted with that highpitched singing he was doing during the 80s...thinking of songs like Under The Gun etc.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Batman wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:Would actually love to hear Paul and Gene sing the INVASION stuff.
I can picture Gene singing Animal and Paul doing Twisted with that highpitched singing he was doing during the 80s...thinking of songs like Under The Gun etc.
I always heard 'Animal' as Paul singing the verses and Gene's voice dominating the chorus. That's how I hear most of the album.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

psychofish wrote:animalize. ah yes! the 80s. i remember taking my drivers test in my car listening to burn bitch burn. ( baby let me put my log in your fireplace). lol it was great. the instructor commented on how ugly they were without the make up. i even remember him saying i still like ace better. at the time i didnt care. i just wanted my licence. i blasted invasion my senior year thru a set of pioneer ts6905 speakers. damn it was loud! subwoofers were not yet heard of. i remember the cassette case said made to be played at maximum volume. those were the days. i looked like a cross between duran duran, wasp and bonjovi. lmao
I do like that record, but I mean...apart from that line and the genius that is Gene Simmons..or should I say poet. Burn Bitch Burn is a really crappy tune :lol:

But hey...that comes from a guy who likes the Crazy Nights album which I know everybody pretty much hates except for the title track. :oops:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Animalize wasn't too bad an album, and was better than Asylum.

The problem for me with those records is I absolutely loved them when they were released but now don't want to listen to them too much. Maybe a song or two here and there.

Other Kiss stuff and certainly LIU, I love to keep on the play list.

The two Invasion albums are absolutely listenable to this day, never got tired of those.

Paul was trying to see how high he could sing in the 80's, it was getting insane. Would like to hear him sing some Invasion stuff, like Shoot U Full of Love or I Wanna Be Your Victim.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Rumble/Psycho,
Burn Bitch Burn who who whoooooooo LMFAO! What a comical tune that was! Put my log in your fireplace! LOL! :D
teej

Post by teej »

I love all the albums but I hate pretty much all of Gene´s ´songs´after LIU .. he just became a parody of himself and even Bruce (Kulick) was on the record stating he was being a dick .. I dont believe he wrote anything good after 1980 without VV´s help
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yer Teej, I’m the same. I just bypassed the Gene songs after LIU till Revenge come along...(pretty couldn't listen to hot in the shade at all) & who go sucker punched to save their wimping asses again, who gave them two songs & the title of the album Revenge, Vinnie. Fool Vinnie once, shame on KISS; fool Vinnie twice, shame on Vinnie.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Slayer wrote:Rumble/Psycho,
Burn Bitch Burn who who whoooooooo LMFAO! What a comical tune that was! Put my log in your fireplace! LOL! :D
Might be a reference to the burning sensation from STDs!!! LOL
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Batman wrote: I can picture Gene singing Animal and Paul doing Twisted with that highpitched singing he was doing during the 80s...thinking of songs like Under The Gun etc.
Under The Gun was the song that got me into KISS.
Still love that song!! 8)
doublev

Post by doublev »

funny, thrills in the night and back on the streets were rejected from the creatures record. If bots was on creatures a good chance that v would not have played on it as it seems as if vv on played on gene's songs.

VV's tune Animal was written for Amimalize and i always wondered if thats where the title of the record started.

I think Gene did a good job with Thief in the night but i also think that was a reject from creatures too. I also like 'love's a slap in the face' for some reason.

i wonder how many tunes kiss wrote with the word night, tonight or nights in it. Its got to be a lot! They never sing about lunchtime or afternoon for some reason. lol
teej

Post by teej »

whatever happened to UNCLE BOTS anyways DUDEZ? lol!
Batman

Post by Batman »

doublev wrote:funny, thrills in the night and back on the streets were rejected from the creatures record. If bots was on creatures a good chance that v would not have played on it as it seems as if vv on played on gene's songs.

VV's tune Animal was written for Amimalize and i always wondered if thats where the title of the record started.

I think Gene did a good job with Thief in the night but i also think that was a reject from creatures too. I also like 'love's a slap in the face' for some reason.

i wonder how many tunes kiss wrote with the word night, tonight or nights in it. Its got to be a lot! They never sing about lunchtime or afternoon for some reason. lol
These are crazy crazy crazy afternoons!!! (yes I skipped a crazy on purpose so it would fit the melody) :lol:

I like Thief in the Night as well and yes it was rejected for Creatures and was featured on Wendy O Williams's album. Anyway, I think that Gene has some good songs from 80s. Mainly Asylum and Crazy Nights after LIU.
I really like songs like Good Girl Gone Bad and Thief on Crazy Nights. And I pretty much like all Gene songs on Asylum. Secretly Cruel sounds like a 70s song with 80s production and with Eric on drums.

YES, I LIKE ASYLUM! I LIKE 80s KISS!! :lol: I just had to get that out...
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Batman wrote:
These are crazy crazy crazy afternoons!!! (yes I skipped a crazy on purpose so it would fit the melody) :lol:

I like Thief in the Night as well and yes it was rejected for Creatures and was featured on Wendy O Williams's album. Anyway, I think that Gene has some good songs from 80s. Mainly Asylum and Crazy Nights after LIU.
I really like songs like Good Girl Gone Bad and Thief on Crazy Nights. And I pretty much like all Gene songs on Asylum. Secretly Cruel sounds like a 70s song with 80s production and with Eric on drums.

You sir, are BANNED from the boards !! :lol: :lol:
I actually like 80's Kiss also. It feels like we're at an A A meeting : "Hello, I'm the Poserboy and I like 80's Kiss."

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

poserboy71 wrote:
Batman wrote:

You sir, are BANNED from the boards !! :lol: :lol:
I actually like 80's Kiss also. It feels like we're at an A A meeting : "Hello, I'm the Poserboy and I like 80's Kiss."

Dude, we just got bashed and told off by our "hero"...and we still post about him...now, welcome to anonymous VV fans.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Batman wrote: Dude, we just got bashed and told off by our "hero"...and we still post about him...now, welcome to anonymous VV fans.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HOW TRUE !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS