When You Realize...

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

When You Realize...

Post by poserboy71 »

When you realize that it was the first time in 30 years that Vinnie has performed in front of a paying audience...

Everyone would love many recordings of Vinnie done in the style presented last night.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
n3p

Re: When You Realize...

Post by n3p »

Really amazing, what we've been waiting so long for.

Already topped Vito Bratta's return to the spotlight, just hope we hear more and it isn't just a one off
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes amazing. Unexpected. People like me expect it all to be bullshit or go wrong after all these years but when I was proved wrong feels so good.
I hope he is cool with me going to next one. I guess we will see.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It really is amazing.

For so long we've been wanting something like this, and now it's happened.

So fantastic. Bring on the rest Vinnie.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Didn't think we were going to see him play..

It was such an honor. And amazzzzzing.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:15 am Yes amazing. Unexpected. People like me expect it all to be bullshit or go wrong after all these years but when I was proved wrong feels so good.
I hope he is cool with me going to next one. I guess we will see.
Stay tuned...

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

It's so odd how VV thinks he doesn't have a great singing voice. He needs to take up on it!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

To clarify my choice of saying 30 years since being on stage compared to when Vinnie was on stage with those tribute bands approximately 20 years ago, I am coming from the reality and angle of passion.
The tribute appearances seemed more to me as gracious photo opportunities for fans compared to my perception of being onstage and delivering music from your heart on the stage while stepping on it like a wah-wah pedal to squeeze every ounce of blood from it...giving the audience EVERYTHING selflessly.
Sitting a few feet away,directly in front of Vinnie , I was witness to something I haven never seen or heard, A HEARTFELT MUSICAL BLOODLETTING that started a healing process between crowd and Artist.
Vinnie could have dropped the proverbial microphone after singing an excerpt from "Tears" and left the convention crowd COMPLETELY FULFILLED yet he stayed and gave everything he could.
Vinnie said that his best music comes from extreme pain.
If personal torture and anguish are required for Vinnie to write new music, then I don't wish for any new music.
Vinnie is such a kind and sweet person.
My wish is that he realizes that, chains the precious newfound happiness to his heart ,and knows that he has the power to create new music born from that happiness.

Tears can break your heart and destroy you... Tears can cause immense damage.
From what I witnessed as fans cried during Vinnie's first song back, Tears can also cleanse and heal and break your heart in the best way .
Everyone has the power to decide what they want those tears to do.
I'm glad that both the entire audience and Vinnie realized that simultaneously on Saturday night.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Beautifully said, as always.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Hey Rick,

Great post!!!!!
Beautiful:))
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, great post Rick.

Vinnie did sweet fuck all at the conventions, he was just up on stage with a guitar in his hands, his volume turned down so low he was basically miming.

This past weekend was witnesses to the first live PERFORMANCE from Vinnie Vincent in almost 30 years. A sobering thought and a lot of wasted time.

It looks like he won't be wasting any more.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I actually think that maybe first time Robert and Vinnie played together on stage for an audience
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 am I actually think that maybe first time Robert and Vinnie played together on stage for an audience
Truth. WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS

Post by 1031 »

I was super happy to see Vinnie in a great mental state, he seemed to truly enjoy the weekend and without a doubt there was some cathartic healing going on between fans and Vinnie and Robert and Vinnie and Vinnie and the world. And the impromptu performance was more than a fan could have wanted for the event. But it was also obvious that time and age has taken its toll, anyone expecting high kicks lightning fast licks and two steps above middle C on vocals from a Vinnie Robert VVI Reunion is going to be seriously let down.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

1031 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:31 pm But it was also obvious that time and age has taken its toll, anyone expecting high kicks lightning fast licks and two steps above middle C on vocals from a Vinnie Robert VVI Reunion is going to be seriously let down.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I'd say that a "reunion" performance will most likely be acoustic. I doubt V has "shredded" in many years. But, it could still be entertaining and interesting and I'll go if they book the event.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Many have said that an acoustic album, or series of albums, done in that style (casual and loose- breathing, finding a chord,a key,exploring...) would be more than anyone could hope for.
I am beyond grateful to have been breathing the same air in that room when it occurred.
I have never felt everyone in a room joined together like that. I don't want these tears in the corners of my eyes, this nervous skin quiver, this loss of of breath , to go away. It feels INCREDIBLE.

WAIT...Am I having a heart attack ????!!!! Lol

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I would be happy with anything.
I don't exoect it to be the same it was back then.
But anything...anything he would put out musically, even acoustic, I would be content with.
And this is coming from someone who normally dislikes acoustic!
KraigoWaffles

Post by KraigoWaffles »

I think Vinnie would be great at, and make a lucrative living, lending his talents to movie scores.
vvindicated

Post by vvindicated »

Realistically, I wouldn't expect anything from Vinnie in a full-on shredding mode, but just to hear him and Robert laying down some new material together would be pretty darn cool. Acoustic, electric, EDM (ok, well maybe not EDM from Vinnie, that might be kinda weird), I'm down with that. I think Robert's voice sounds really good at age 64, and I loved the harmonizing together that they did on "Back on the Streets." Really hope that a new album or EP materializes in the near future.
roustabout23

Post by roustabout23 »

I was floored, by many things. Vinnie is alive. Vinnie is healthy, and happy. He seemed happier than he has been in years. I have been seeing alot of talk online about him looking like he has transitioned to being a woman or is living as one. Who cares.. Vinnie is alive, and happy. That is all that matters. The performance with robert was amazing... I for one hope the box set DOES get released after all this time...

Cant believe how long it took... glad to see him return. I hope he does issue some new music and its a whole new style of vinnie.. slow, soulful and a amazing.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Even with VV not rehearsing and his voice warn down from all the talking etc you could see how much more dynamic he is that Kiss. He adds a dimension to his music that no one else can.
Its so nice to talk about Vinnie in the present tense. That is just amazing. I have been on VV forums since 1999 (aprox, the old pyro messiah, doublev and this board) and I think Drew and Kev at least were on the old AOL board before pyro and really you just could not imagine this happening after 18 years talking about would VV come back.
Vinnie has found his niche with Derek's Expos. Would be great to have VVI show with Robert eventually. My all time favourite rock song is Invisible and I still have not heard a high quality version but to hear that live with Robert would make me puke in a good way.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:11 am Even with VV not rehearsing and his voice warn down from all the talking etc you could see how much more dynamic he is that Kiss. He adds a dimension to his music that no one else can.
Its so nice to talk about Vinnie in the present tense. That is just amazing. I have been on VV forums since 1999 (aprox, the old pyro messiah, doublev and this board) and I think Drew and Kev at least were on the old AOL board before pyro and really you just could not imagine this happening after 18 years talking about would VV come back.
Vinnie has found his niche with Derek's Expos. Would be great to have VVI show with Robert eventually. My all time favourite rock song is Invisible and I still have not heard a high quality version but to hear that live with Robert would make me puke in a good way.

:mrgreen:
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Invisible... wrong typo, but great idea for a new VV song!!!
say two sky two say fare
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Invincible jaja
Bye Bye
KraigoWaffles

Post by KraigoWaffles »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:44 am Invincible jaja
In-Vince-Able
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I have not seen it since my 80s Vinnie Vincent scrap book was thrown out by my mom in about 1990 but the title of the Kerrang review for ALL SYSTEMS GO which was actually a 5 star review was INVINCIBLE. If only people knew back in the day how excited I was to get All Systems Go. Kerrang were pretty good at updating VV news. I was in New Orleans and Kerrang was hard to get in America (maybe Tower in Hollywood was easier) but they were a few weeks old. I had a subscription direct from the UK as we lived between the two places and I would get in maybe 3 or 4 days after out in the UK. I remember taking the day off school when ASG came out. A big day for me. I loved it. I know it was watered down and not as good as the first record but it was still way way better than anything else in my opinion.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

if anyone has the Kerrang INVINCIBLE All Systems Go review can you post it as I would love to read again. I even had in my scrap book the announcents of the break up of VVI. One week I think first week in September 1988 the news section stated Dana Strum had left the band which I was quite excited to hear who maybe replace him but then the bombshell in the following week Kerrang when they announced the split of the band. They mentioned Mark and Dana were forming a band called Slaughterhouse (i think that issue) and Bobby was joing Nitro which the spelt Nitrow (I thought the band was actually called NIT- ROW because of that hehe). I think they also mentioned VV was writing with Nikki Sixx. I may try to buy those editions on ebay sometime. Anyway I cried for a week about the break up. I would have cried longer if I had known Guitars from Hell wasn't going to be released for 30 plus years.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:01 am
doublev2 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:11 am Even with VV not rehearsing and his voice warn down from all the talking etc you could see how much more dynamic he is that Kiss. He adds a dimension to his music that no one else can.

:mrgreen:
I believe a core of The VVFF Elder were around way back when but things were in such an infancy that talking about the four photos(one not even Vinnie) got old REALLY quick. There were't any real discussions or topics so no one signed up. They would just visit a few times a week hoping there would be some news.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Speedball jamm brought a little attention in 2001 or 2002 with the shock and awe advertisement.
I am thinking Vic was around. Rick were you around in 2001/2002?
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:57 am Speedball jamm brought a little attention in 2001 or 2002 with the shock and awe advertisement.
I am thinking Vic was around. Rick were you around in 2001/2002?
Obviously I was (and before that too). There was never any need to sign in/up because it was a Scooby Doo ghost town with little to no activity.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, I was around....and yes, I only looked in every now and then, as news and info was so limited and there just was not much to talk about.

I might have the Kerrang review, in my collection of magazine clippings. I'll try and have a look for it.

There's probably some Vinnie gold I've long forgotten about in my old magazine stuff.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It was busy around time of speedball jamm and a little before 2001 to 2002, Then quiet again. Took off maybe around 2007 and was busy since.
Bye Bye