paul on revenge

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
doublev2

paul on revenge

Post by doublev2 »

paul names the two songs he likes on revenge as heart of chrome and i just wanna, two vv tunes.
Bye Bye
VinceVandergraff

Re: paul on revenge

Post by VinceVandergraff »

i think paul dodged the question posed here about playing Revenge songs with a somewhat canned response theyve been saying for years. those songs would go over well live, as well as Unholy. but according to him here, their fans would rather hear I Was Made For Loving You or Detroit Rock City for the 1000th time.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

We all know why they don't play different sets. They simply can't because of Paul. They can't even play the old stuff well
They have played it safe for most of their career.
The one time in their career when they were truly dangerous and to be reckoned with, Paul couldn't handle sharing the spotlight so Vinnie left and essentially Gene left too (until Vinnie came back to write for Revenge).
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I listened to some of Paul reading his book on YouTube the other night and the stuff about Vinnie sounds like like total horse shit!
“Every solo was about how fast he could play yadda, yadda“, guess Paul never heard the “A Million to One” solo???
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Paul would hate Paganini then. It's too easy to criticize fast playing. It comes from ignorance. If you see one of the great philharmonic orchestras the audience isn't criticising fast playing by renowned concert violinists etc
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Exactly!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
VinceVandergraff

I have a strong hunch that both Paul and Gene listened to both Invasion records privately. in doing so, they listened to them knowing full well "these could have been KISS songs". they even probably became jealous of his songwriting abilities. they couldn't keep Vinnie under their thumbs, so that's where you have their smear campaign on Vinnie come into the picture. although, at one point or another they've blasted all ex-members of the band. there's just something about people who always play the saint and point fingers with attempt to tarnish others I don't buy. I think Vinnie was in a catch 22 situation with those guys after he had basically written a whole album for them.
VinceVandergraff

also, VV was the first, last, and only other band member who could write better songs than both Paul and Gene.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah. Paul gene ace and Vinnie only members who could write great songs on their own. If vv had written more songs I would say he was clearly the best writer kiss had but because not too many tunes I will say he is better but not clearly better . hehe
Bye Bye