doublev2

vinnie era interview

Post by doublev2 »

I guess this is out on this board but VV related era
Bye Bye
aeroflott

Re: vinnie era interview

Post by aeroflott »

Really cool. Ace is clearly going through the motions. On occasion he talks his way into a dead end. LOL at his his comments around the 27:00 minute mark.

Gene spitting on the floor = gross.

Presumably what must have been days after this interview, Ace was out and Vinnie was in? 24 hours is a long time in rock n roll.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think it was a last ditch attempt to get sales to pick up for tour. Even though obviously vv would have been rehearsing already they must have though ace dropping out could really hurt ticket sales and I guess they wanted the illusion he was going to be there, maybe if I remember they announced Vinnie at first as a temporary replacement. . As I have said many times until the internet in the late 90s it was very hard to get any make up pictures of Vinnie and most kiss fans in the 80s would have not really even known vv ever was in make up. It was a different time of no information like now. The only thing kiss ever out out in the 80s with vv in make up after some creatures magazine spreads was the kiss exposed video with I love it loud in Rio . that was first time I had ever seen a photo in make up of vv and I had been a huge kiss fan since 1984 and collected everything. Before the days of kiss expos etc
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:07 am I think it was a last ditch attempt to get sales to pick up for tour. Even though obviously vv would have been rehearsing already they must have though ace dropping out could really hurt ticket sales and I guess they wanted the illusion he was going to be there, maybe if I remember they announced Vinnie at first as a temporary replacement. .
That's a very good point about rehearsals! No doubt Vin would have been there. I think you are correct with him being named as a temporary replacement.

Gene was unwatchable in this vid....me, me, me....spit, spit, spit!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Re: vinnie era interviewh

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah what the hell was gene thinking? Really strange. Either he was totally out of it, nervous or just a bit delusional. I am sure he agrees that this is pretty awful. Surely Paul was disgusted.
I guess the band was all over the place.
As much as I love vv I would have loved to see just one creatures gig with ace to see how he played creatures and I still love you solos . Hehe.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:37 am
As much as I love vv I would have loved to see just one creatures gig with ace to see how he played creatures and I still love you solos . Hehe.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
ankh

Post by ankh »

the main issue was the big Polygram contract Kiss signed on a few days ealier, a multimillion deal.
What came out of it was the Elder fiasco.It took months and lot of money to record it and that,plus the fact that the record-difficult to promote in the usual kiss audience-tanked, already put a rift between the label and the band.
A official announcement of Ace leaving would have meant the chance for the label do rework the contract with more favorable angles on their side.
That's why Vinne was said to be temporary replacement.Ace already left for good, but was kind enough to take part of this promo conference as well as the promotional Euro tour.
To put icing on the cake,later Kiss sued their record label for the cutout bin practice.They asked for millions , and got 500k instead.
When Creatures didn't sell enough-same for the american leg of the tour- Polygram demanded for the contract to be reworked,rightfully so.
Please note that Kiss was wihtout an official manger anymore-so much for G&P marketing savy who,at the time, couldn't say Ace and Peter would slow down their growth anymore .

When the tour was announced, on this side of the pond i think Kerrang made a big announcement with Vinnie's photo on the back cover.
Yet th article stated th t nobody was sure about Ace wherabouts( apart from him producing WASP debut album, and that dind't happen).
Pics of Vinnie surfaced on a big Kerrang! cover story , but other magazines's news just reported about the replacement without any pics.
A small pic come on the back of the "hardrock 83" compilation record.
The first Extra Kerrang! showed a feature on kiss with Pics of Vinnie playng live with the makeup(a very cool pic) and without.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

thanks ankh.
What I was trying to say in my opinion the past was the past in the 80s. Very little concern for the last kiss line up from people following kiss back then after Ace. It would be very normal for a 10 thousand audience to only have about 100 of them know the name of vinnie or even Eric, its not like you could just go one line, you had to piece together the current line up but either kerrang or a less news orientated magazine etc and to be honest at my high school very few of the even die hard heavy metal kids read heavy metal magazines (certainly not kerrang in the usa). you could get old kerrrang issues at stores in LA etc and some underground vinyl or even pawn stores selling used guitars, but it was totally obscure in the states. People are so much more informed of kiss info now than before and also the old 70s kiss fans in the 80s were kind of disguising they even ever liked kiss. I remember only really the thrash bands were actually stating that kiss was an influence back in the 80s and it was kind of a cool underground fan base not the commercial thing it is now.
So to get to my point a new member of kiss would be very hard to get their name out to the public back then who basically didn't really care anyway and there was no really geeky kiss fan base where they had expos and people like three sides of the coin knowing every little detail of the bands history. I had to do lots and lots of research and piecing together to get any sort of real time line or info back then
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:44 am
doublev2 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:37 am

Agreed they both should kill themselves!
ankh

Post by ankh »

yeah, at the time, the mainstream music press named kiss only barely and not in nice terms.In my country there was a bit more coverage because of the san remo festival.
Only one shop in my city used to get kerrang! every few weeks, it came with the lastest record releases.In fact, the first issue ì've bought came in June 1984.It was also an hassle to order the back issues.
Only one newsagent had Creem and, later, faces, they cost a lot of money(double the american price) but at least i wasn't forced to go thtough musical grabage articles about what was in vogue at the time.
Only way to know about the band was to look for news and for records here and there. Sort of isolated.Generally speaking, the rockers were ridiculed for liking rock or HM instead of what was trendy at the time.That meant also very few articles, full of dispise by people who claimed to be true music fan full of musical integrity yet they were raving about the likes of Duran Duran
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

When I was at high school in the states I had subscription to kerrang, metal hammer and then raw and the other brit magazine I forget the name. Metal something?? Used to love getting them in post. I am certain kerrang and metal hammer were first to report vvi has split. I remember crying at school in my secret hiding place. Hehe.
Kerrang announced first that Dana had left the band then the following week that they had split. They said Dana and mark had formed a band called slaughterhouse, bobby was playing with nitro and nelson and vv was writing with Nikki sixx. The Nikki sixx thing I think was in the fan.club news too. Obviously never happened
Bye Bye