VVI @ Record Den (North Olmsted, Ohio)

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
DaBonadono

VVI @ Record Den (North Olmsted, Ohio)

Post by DaBonadono »

Has anyone on here ever seen the video footage from this meet and greet back in 1986? This was during the time that VVI was on tour with Alice Cooper. I would really like to see this video. The following images are from the Vinnie Vincent Invasion Italian Fans Facebook page.
Screenshot_2017-09-26-12-36-59.png
Screenshot_2017-09-26-12-34-05.png
Screenshot_2017-09-26-12-33-28.png
Screenshot_2017-09-26-12-33-21.png
Screenshot_2017-09-26-12-33-12.png
doublev2

Re: VVI @ Record Den (North Olmsted, Ohio)

Post by doublev2 »

I remember going to countless in store appearances like that in record stores in far out suburbs. Miss those days. I went to a dokken in store appearance in New Orleans that was poorly promoted and literally 3 people there plus me.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 am literally 3 people there plus me.

So.... you're an alien then? :P :P :P

Weren't there ....shhhhhh....boobies at that store meet?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Errr
Bye Bye
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 am I remember going to countless in store appearances like that in record stores in far out suburbs. Miss those days. I went to a dokken in store appearance in New Orleans that was poorly promoted and literally 3 people there plus me.
I miss those days too. It was great fun. That Dokken in store sounded like a complete disaster. How long did they stick around?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

DaBonadono wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:37 am That Dokken in store sounded like a complete disaster. How long did they stick around?
Till it got dark and they were left, "Standing in the Shadows"! :P :P :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

shramiac wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:08 am
DaBonadono wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:37 am That Dokken in store sounded like a complete disaster. How long did they stick around?
Till it got dark and they were left, "Standing in the Shadows"! :P :P :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Not long but I talked to Jeff who was very cool and gave me lots of stuff.
The same store had white lion, warrant, queensryche and la guns with similar issues. I actually went in with my dad and warrant were in for a signing with not a single person in the store. I think they had forgotten to advertise it at all. I remember them being very crazy and acting out SNL skits. Haha I love the 80s.

I think it was quite hard to find out about in store appearance back then especially with local promoters who would have no idea what they are doing . I know lots of bands would do gigs and I think even vvi included in this and the promoter would have messed up and no one knew the show was on. You used to have to check the local newspaper and you only knew sometimes a few days in advance. You could get tickets at target back then or tower records and they may have a list of gigs but if some assistant fucked up and forget to get it in the news paper in time often people would have no clue their favourite band is in town at least where I lived.
DaBonadono wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:37 am
doublev2 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 am I remember going to countless in store appearances like that in record stores in far out suburbs. Miss those days. I went to a dokken in store appearance in New Orleans that was poorly promoted and literally 3 people there plus me.
I miss those days too. It was great fun. That Dokken in store sounded like a complete disaster. How long did they stick around?
Bye Bye
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

Wow! That is too bad to hear about the lack of promotion in your area. I grew up about 30 miles east of Cleveland, Ohio. Everything was promoted very well for the most part. We had a great arena called the Richfield Coliseum. The promotion was great on radio, TV, newspapers and a free weekly publication called Scene Magazine. The VVI in store at Record Den probably had a few hundred people. That was my first time meeting a national recording act. I also went to in stores with Lita Ford, Peter Criss, Ozzy (solo band), Black Sabbath (all original members) and Barry Manilow. Good times!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

That's great about the vvi in store . I have to say a lot of the asg shows didn't even have 200 people in venue. Cleveland always been a good rock town though I guess.
Bye Bye