A Few Thoughts

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
VinceVandergraff

A Few Thoughts

Post by VinceVandergraff »

After looking through all the information available on the Expo website, I turned my attention to the Expo's Facebook page, where I read a few posts and comments made by who I believe is the organizer, Derek Christopher. Needless to say, some of them raised an eyebrow, and a few questions.
vin01.JPG
vin01.JPG (19.83 KiB) Viewed 975 times
vin02.JPG
vin02.JPG (12.06 KiB) Viewed 975 times
"Almost a year in the making."
- People in the industry, radio personalities, magazines, even a private investigator with a Swedish film crew in-tow have had no luck getting ahold of Vinnie. Now, this news all of a sudden, and it has been "almost a year in the making"? I don't believe he was found, and offered this appearance. I'm thinking Vinnie got in touch with Derek Christopher, the organizer of the KISS Expo and has been quietly planning this out.
vin03.JPG
vin03.JPG (13.73 KiB) Viewed 975 times
In response to not having an LA Kiss Expo in LA
"We wanted to do LA too, but worked with Vinnie on picking Atlanta."
- Vinnie chose not to do it in LA, otherwise that's where it would have been. They're really going all out, and making this a Vinnie Vincent event that celebrates Vinnie's career. Even though it is being billed as a Kiss Expo, it is centered around Vinnie Vincent.
vin04.JPG
vin04.JPG (17.93 KiB) Viewed 975 times
About the promo video and Vinnie's attitude
- AWESOME!
vin05.JPG
vin05.JPG (20.23 KiB) Viewed 975 times
vin06.JPG
vin06.JPG (15.54 KiB) Viewed 975 times
"Vinnie is not planning on making any other appearances before or after the Atlanta Kiss Expo."
- Hmm. Could this Expo facilitate the official retirement announcement from Vinnie? Or, is this in reference to the future Kiss Expos currently being planned? The FAQ section of the Expo site mentions Vinnie is working on a guitar line. If so, then it would be hard not to make some sort of appearance in conjunction to a product line, big or small. Vinnie may just be testing the waters to see how this Expo will turn out before signing on or agreeing to do any more in the immediate future.
vin07.JPG
vin07.JPG (30.92 KiB) Viewed 975 times
Three Sides interview scheduled with Kiss Expo organizer Derek Christopher for Tuesday, Sept. 5th, 2017
- This should be interesting. I only watched their episodes that have been centered around Vinnie. Both Branvold and Sommers come off as not being fans of Vinnie at all, and take potshots and insult him quite frequently. Branvold can also be seen quite often in the Youtube comment sections giving off nasty little quips to Vinnie's fans. These two guys specifically do not deserve the interview with Derek, and in my opinion the interview should land with actual Vinnie fans, Aaron Camaro & Chris Czynszak @ The Decibel Geek Podcast.
vin08.JPG
vin08.JPG (42.33 KiB) Viewed 975 times
Kiss Alive Forever book
- The "never-before-seen ultra rare footage of Kiss" mentioned here that will be shown will most likely be from the Creatures and Lick It Up tours featuring Vinnie. Sounds pretty awesome. I'm wondering how this footage relates or coincides with the book.
vin09.JPG
Atlanta Expo "I Was There!" promo image
- This could be the poster mentioned on the official Expo site that attendees receive, or it could simply just be a graphic image uploaded for promotional sharing amongst Facebook users. "The Legend Returns" for a rare one-off appearance, then will retire and disappear again? Or, "The Legend Returns" to release more music? I think these questions are what Vinnie's fans really want to know out of all the hype surrounding his Expo appearance. Vinnie needs closure in some form or another, and so do his fans.
What are your thoughts?
shramiac

Re: A Few Thoughts

Post by shramiac »

On the ball, Vander!

If Vinnie is still in the Nashville area, it's not that long of a drive to get to Atlanta. LA of course is a fair distance from Tn.

Time will tell though, time will tell!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I do find it strange that this is supposed to be his final appearance, yet he is working on a new line of guitars. Doesn't make much sense.

Way I see it...he's messin' with our heads ha. There will be no telling what's truly going to happen until the time comes.
VinceVandergraff

shramiac wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:21 am On the ball, Vander!

If Vinnie is still in the Nashville area, it's not that long of a drive to get to Atlanta. LA of course is a fair distance from Tn.

Time will tell though, time will tell!
exactly my thoughts. seemed to me quite convenient for Vinnie not to stray too far from his area. keeping it away from LA or NY is a good idea.
VinceVandergraff

AnkhWarrior wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:38 am I do find it strange that this is supposed to be his final appearance, yet he is working on a new line of guitars. Doesn't make much sense.

Way I see it...he's messin' with our heads ha. There will be no telling what's truly going to happen until the time comes.
where did you read "final appearance" from? I might have missed that one. the statements and answers to comments on the expo fb page are worded in a peculiar way not to give away too much. there's a few dots that haven't been connected, but to me it seems like there will some kind of announcement made by Vinnie about himself and his future. I'm only posing these kind of scenarios here because WE ARE truly his biggest fans and care the most of all what will transpire out of this reemergence of Vinnie. just to say for saying, out of all the Kiss members, he's always been my favorite, and he did better music after leaving Kiss and doing his own band. IF this is his last ever public appearance, then there must be other news that's going along with it , like "my catalog will be re-released with demos etc etc" .. ultimately, there's a reason why this VV Expo (not Kiss Expo) is happening because he sought them out. they didn't "get him" as a guest. this is ALL about Vinnie, and Kiss not so much!
Magicodourado

Post by Magicodourado »

I am just so tired of this childish games people always wants to play...the innercircle is the ruling class...the innercircle, goatee Mike and whatshisname plus the select few...the elite...these elements always try dictate what we should feel about the Wiz. I refuse to listen to: there will only be this or its only the select few that can know where he is...we are the VV elite, not the so called "kiss royalty"...
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Magicodourado wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:51 am I am just so tired of this childish games people always wants to play...the innercircle is the ruling class...the innercircle, goatee Mike and whatshisname plus the select few...the elite...these elements always try dictate what we should feel about the Wiz. I refuse to listen to: there will only be this or its only the select few that can know where he is...we are the VV elite, not the so called "kiss royalty"...
Like a few folks here, unfortunately some of us get singled out. I don't believe it's elitism more than it is just par for the course of being high profile. I don't blame TSOTC. I watch the show at times and am entertained. I don't like how two of them bash Vinnie but they are entitled to their demeanor.They have a popular show about Kiss-related things. I am sure they hear a lot of rumors that don't get around to casual fans.
A few of us get sent PMs here and on Facebook quite a bit.
Some things are interesting. Some are WAY OFF. I have shared some of that lunacy in recent years.
All of this is planned . Even Vinnie selling his stage name, website, rights, etc...
Something very cool is about to happen. I hope he surprises everyone.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
VinceVandergraff

poserboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:58 am All of this is planned . Even Vinnie selling his stage name, website, rights, etc...
Something very cool is about to happen. I hope he surprises everyone.
I'm just now reading about this. Can I pick your brain for a moment? What scenario would make this "very cool"? The only thing I can imagine is him announcing new music under the name of John Cusano (or Vincent Cusano). I'm really hoping when he "surprises everyone", that it is a good surprise, for his fans. This kind of move almost sounds like the termination of the Vinnie Vincent persona, and the vaulted wholesale of the image, name, trademarks, etc. In my own humble opinion, this does not sound good. Please enlighten me, if you will, of what I'm missing here.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

In a way, it may be extremely smart to do in order to move on personally. Cut ties with the past .I believe he might be testing the waters of what the Vinnie Vincent persona is worth.
He has gambled and lost quite a bit and now that he has a possible winning hand it's time to prepare to cash out.
We are talking retirement money here. He can make a hell of a lot if he puts the sale up NOW, yet sells it maybe a year from now after he has made his appearance(s) and sold as much as he can under the VV moniker.
He has five months to make posters, shirts ,CDs,guitars,a book... He can put tons of tunes on memory sticks and sell them at Vinnie-Con.
Who knows, He might be planning on playing a little ( any style... maybe just sit and noodle by playing snippets of things that mean a lot to him).
A person can be blunt and still remain polite. I hope he puts horrible rumors to rest. Makes amends with those that feel hurt, and most importantly, enjoys the love that will be showered on him when he comes back.
The persona of VINNIE VINCENT can end on a very high note and bow out. How many champions have done that ?
Like we have always said here at The VVFF, just so long as he is healthy, happy, and kind...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

poserboy71 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:13 pm Like we have always said here at The VVFF, just so long as he is healthy, happy, and kind...
Right! :D that's what truly matters in the end