How Could Vinnie Make Amends for the Box Set Archives Debacle?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
MusicStudent

How Could Vinnie Make Amends for the Box Set Archives Debacle?

Post by MusicStudent »

I never fully realized that fans paid $100.00 - $200.00 for recordings they never received. No wonder VV is a recluse. How freaking embarrassing! Not sure how the guy can live with himself. I feel like crap if somebody buys me a lunch or coffee or something...don't feel ok until I can return the favor. I can't imagine screwing over FANS!??!! What a disaster!

The dude obviously is no businessman.

Just wondering...how could he ever make this right after 20 years? Cut a whole album and release it for free? Free guitar lessons?

It looks like the stuff he was going to release is out on YouTube. This is really tragic because really, nobody can play guitar like Vinnie. You know, he might not even be ABLE to play like that anymore.

How could he ever make this right? What would you accept to forgive him, realizing he is only a musician and not a businessman?
No wimps. No false metal...
Slayer

Re: How Could Vinnie Make Amends for the Box Set Archives Debacle?

Post by Slayer »

What can he do?
Own his shit, explain what happened from his view point and just show some regret for his part of it
By doing this small deed to those impacted by the Archives Debacle and reengaging his fans it would all be water under the bridge for me personally.

I of course can't speak for anyone but myself. Sadly, it looks like he or I will die before that ever happens

That is a shame!

Kev
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The issue is that they are not even digitised to put out. One thing he told me is he has reel to reel tapes that need digitised and I guess cooked and then all the organisation involved in that. Don't forget vv tinkers with stuff so I bet it's so hard to find a version he is also happy with.

If I had to guess vv advertised the box set in advance. With advance sales he was going to get the thing digitised and then put out. Either it turned out to be too difficult or the pre sales were not good enough etc I don't know.
I used to defend him on this.
What we know about vv is he likes the pre announcement buzz and that could have been also the undoing of this set.
He may have it ready or most of it but like most of us vv doesn't like criticism and I think he gets disheartened easily which I can understand. A mistake for sure but what can he do. It's too long and too much anger etc.

I think most people are over it.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I really don't believe for a minute vv was trying to rip his fans off I think something happened. I vaguely think on his forum he tried to pin it on kiss, but my feeling is finances stopped the whole thing and most likely he had spent the pre sales which is why they were not returned but either way he should have made sure he found a way to refund and I am sure vv himself is not so proud about it. But who knows . Just a guess. He sold a lot of stuff at Julian's he could have paid the people back he could trace at least with some of it. On his forum he used to ban people for asking about it.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I believe that you answered your own question.
I believe that Vinnie leaked all of the material to YouTube in a concerted effort to make amends for the events that surrounded the box set.
I believe KISS did have a lot to do with the box set not being released considering their performances were going to be a major selling point within those tapes. I know that EVERYONE would love to hear BOTS with Paul singing...
I also believe that the pre-sales weren't strong enough to pay for the process to make the box set.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Magicodourado

Post by Magicodourado »

Fans must take the loss...just as I when I was scamned by Gene and Paul. They fooled me into a trap ...I actually bought Crazy Nights, Asylum and Animalize
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You got a product, so your loss is a different one
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Magicodourado wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:04 pm Fans must take the loss...just as I when I was scamned by Gene and Paul. They fooled me into a trap ...I actually bought Crazy Nights, Asylum and Animalize
ASYLUM is probably their best Non-Vinnie complete album after 1983.
It might be cool if Vinnie announces free gold tickets to those who believed in him enough to purchase the box set. Just an idea...

NEWBEGINNINGS
Magicodourado

Post by Magicodourado »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:02 pm You got a product, so your loss is a different one
So if you think I will cry or feel anything on behalf of other fans?..in this particular case: absolutely NOT....I have been scammed several times, I can give you two names on guys that scammed me for the last 14 months...so what? I took the risk and I lost. So he could not deliver that boxset, but when you pay in advance THERE IS ALWAYS A RISK.

And by the way: I never make up my mind untill I hear both sides of the story...because I am an adult. But in this particular case I am totally, utterly, undeniable bias...The Wizard of Odd is my main man, always was.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Being scammed compared to Kiss delivery shifty albums ...
I'd rather be scammed than have to listen to 'Cadillac Dreams' and most of Kiss' output since Vinnie bailed on them.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Magicodourado

Post by Magicodourado »

poserboy71 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:07 am Being scammed compared to Kiss delivery shifty albums ...
I'd rather be scammed than have to listen to 'Cadillac Dreams' and most of Kiss' output since Vinnie bailed on them.
Totally agree, great response....man I really had to smile...jezuz, Cadillac dreams is just awful...no in fact it is an insult to anyone that loves music
Euphoria96

Post by Euphoria96 »

Cmon... get over it, that was so long ago... things gone wrong and he didn't could refund.. Period
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

I think your opinion would be way different if you lost $100 back then, it was not the $100, it was the constant waiting
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Listen, I know that you are anxious to see Vinnie come back. Most of us are if it is possible to happen - we will have to see if he has the courage to go through with this in January. There is a lot of time between now and then for him to read something or hear something that pisses him off and causes him to to cancel this whole event. I hope not though.............
In regards to the Archives if the money was sent by someone that you love as a gift for you and they got nothing for their support and effort but an angry nasty letter from Vinnie Vincent 2 years later you might feel differently? It has been 20 years and that is a long time. Over 20 years I have evolved from wanting to beat the shit out of him to just wanting to know what happened. I think that is a fair request for $125 and 20 Years to just hear him say what happened.
But then again if you didn't scratch him a check for goods that you never received then you really have no skin in this game and this topic doesn't concern you. With that said I can understand how you would prefer to keep things very friendly, supportive and welcoming to encourage his return. I will offer you this advise in that I wouldn't take a holier then thou insulting attitude to the many fans, band mates and colleagues who have been wronged in past business dealings with Vinnie. There are many people with sores that if they get the scabs picked off by other insensitive, self serving fans they could certainly post another round of ugly, negative publicity that would very likely send him back into hiding, maybe permanently.

I would suggest that until Vinnie makes an appearance that fans try to be kind to others so that they don't destroy their opportunity see him which is the very thing that everyone says that they want. :idea:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie is caught between a rock and a hard place. Even if he wanted to make up for what happened he can not really easily do it without bringing up old memories etc and at an expo that would not be great for him. If Vinnie is doing something publicly that none of us expected ever to happen I think he deserves not to have to be reminded about mistakes or bad times.
I understand the frustration but everyone has stuff they don't want to keep having brought back over and over. He really has no good options on this
Bye Bye
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

NOT FOR THE INNOCENT was a warning, and it still is!!!
say two sky two say fare
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev2 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:25 am Vinnie is caught between a rock and a hard place. Even if he wanted to make up for what happened he can not really easily do it without bringing up old memories etc and at an expo that would not be great for him. If Vinnie is doing something publicly that none of us expected ever to happen I think he deserves not to have to be reminded about mistakes or bad times.
I understand the frustration but everyone has stuff they don't want to keep having brought back over and over. He really has no good options on this
I understand completely Dino and agree if someone has publicly acknowledged a bad situation and it keeps rearing its ugly head. It would be cruel to continue to beat a dead horse once it has been addressed but let me make it clear Vinnie Vincent has NEVER acknowledged this issue and if he did in a remorseful way I truly believe that it may go away forever which would be a good thing for Vinnie and the fans affected. I'm not suggesting a bold admission of guilt just a reckoning that it happened, fans ordered and paid for the Vinnie Vincent Archives and never received what they paid for and that for whatever reason that he is sorry that it happened.

I hope that he does briefly address the issue and then he can move on from it hopefully forever.................
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

True
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I agree with kev
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

One would hope that Vinnie addresses some of these issues BEFORE the convention. Maybe via multiple hype messages for the convention ????

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

poserboy71 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:05 am One would hope that Vinnie addresses some of these issues BEFORE the convention. Maybe via multiple hype messages for the convention ????
I know I am not involved in any of this but agreed, this issue obviously needs to be addressed; preferrably before the convention occurs.
If it is, hopefully those affected will have cooled down a bit. If never brought up...meeting face to face...awkward.
They have a right to know.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Skype did you mean, PB?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
jaysprout

Post by jaysprout »

I totally agree with both of Slayer's posts. Obviously, VV went through some dark times and I doubt he ever meant to screw people over. I'm sure a sincere acknowledgment and apology even without a detailed explanation of whatever crap he was going through would thaw the hearts of those who got "ripped off." And, for those who got "ripped off" -- don't you think he feels far worse than you do about the pits and failures of his career and potential? Not to mention his personal life? Do you think all of that made him happy? Sorry, I don't mean to flame or start a fight, I'm just saying I've had my own awesome peaks that made me feel like King of the World as well as near-suicidal lows that still make me too ashamed to see or even hear about people from those periods of my life. In light of that, I think this appearance, if it happens, would show a tremendous amount of courage and, hopefully, contribute to some healing for the man. If, you know, he's still a man ... part of me really hopes that documentary is factual and he shows up a woman. Wow, did this post take a weird turn ...
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah saying sorry would be the answer. It's easy . T
People will love him for that. Good posts
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

jaysprout wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:29 am I totally agree with both of Slayer's posts. Obviously, VV went through some dark times and I doubt he ever meant to screw people over. I'm sure a sincere acknowledgment and apology even without a detailed explanation of whatever crap he was going through would thaw the hearts of those who got "ripped off." And, for those who got "ripped off" -- don't you think he feels far worse than you do about the pits and failures of his career and potential? Not to mention his personal life? Do you think all of that made him happy? Sorry, I don't mean to flame or start a fight, I'm just saying I've had my own awesome peaks that made me feel like King of the World as well as near-suicidal lows that still make me too ashamed to see or even hear about people from those periods of my life. In light of that, I think this appearance, if it happens, would show a tremendous amount of courage and, hopefully, contribute to some healing for the man. If, you know, he's still a man ... part of me really hopes that documentary is factual and he shows up a woman. Wow, did this post take a weird turn ...
Great Post Jay! :wink:

I don't know if he feels worse about his pits and failures versus his potential because he hasn't communicated his feelings publicly. It seems logical to deduce what you say as likely factual. We all stumble - we all fuck up - You, me and Vinnie. What ultimately illustrates our character as a human being is how we own our deeds in life both good and bad. If an officer pulls me over for driving 50 MPH in a 25 MPH Zone I'm not going to give the Police Officer a hard time because it is a demon of my own design. I'm driving faster than the law says that I should so I'm going to own it, pay my fine, attend traffic school and move on while the Police Officer is doing the job that society pays him to do. Hopefully sometime soon Vincent will own his part of the Archives Debacle whatever that is, address it in whatever way that he feels is appropriate and then lets all move forward.

I hope that after 20 years that it can finally be so............

I'm 52 and Vinnie is 65 so none of us are getting any younger

Kev
beano

Post by beano »

Euphoria96 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:57 am Cmon... get over it, that was so long ago... things gone wrong and he didn't could refund.. Period
I cannot respect opinions of ambulance chasers that weren't around when this all kicked off, or didnt lay down cash for the order
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
Euphoria96

Post by Euphoria96 »

hahahaha... really you're a "True" "fan" of Vinnie? damn, you show a lot of hate against V. If this Box Set thing (that happened a million years ago) still affect your wallet and your life, so get your lawyer and sue Vinnie.. ¿why don't you all form a sindicate?: "true embittered fans by the Box Set & friends" and sue him, in group! Show your deepest hate for him, go!!

Idiot96
Euphoria96

Post by Euphoria96 »

And I'm not an "ambulance chaser" I'm a passionate VV Fan!! I really do not think it matters where you are, or where you live, or if you met Vinnie in person or if you are his neighbor, what a privilege for those who knew him or saw him close, but what some may not achieve is to take away the passion that I have for Vinnie, I will not stop being a fan only for some idiots who believe they are "la creme de la creme" about VV.. I know I write like shit, but thats how I express myself, and no, nobody can take me away the passion for him, even if you think that because I live far or do not write well, or I'm a third world asshole, I'll be less fan than you!!

Who do yo think you are?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Hey let's not get into battle of the fans. Both of you guys kick ass. The best vv fan in the world is Venice angel. Can not deny that. We all just have to realize we are b listers
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

E96 sounds familiar ! You seem to want the abuse. Please stop . Enjoy the forum. If someone gets your goat, let them milk it while you giggle.
Bless your heart.

The HATE FORUM accusations are very old and stale.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's ok . Passion. I Like passion but then we can shake hands.
I do find this notion of who the biggest vv fan is very funny . I am seeing an SNL skit in my mind.
Bye Bye
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

Does anyone know how many VV fans paid for the box set? Just curious how much dough Vinny may have banked on that fiasco.
VinceVandergraff

Post by VinceVandergraff »

Hummarstra wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:47 pm Does anyone know how many VV fans paid for the box set? Just curious how much dough Vinny may have banked on that fiasco.
who you working for?
blabbermouth? metal sucks? or brandvold?
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

VinceVandergraff wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:33 am
Hummarstra wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:47 pm Does anyone know how many VV fans paid for the box set? Just curious how much dough Vinny may have banked on that fiasco.
who you working for?
Blabbermouth. Why?
VinceVandergraff

Post by VinceVandergraff »

Hummarstra wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:07 pm
VinceVandergraff wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:33 am
who you working for?
Blabbermouth. Why?
Oh? Well then if that's true, why not just come out and state who you are, and your intentions in the first place?
Sounds to me like you are here for the dirt and drama. That kind of question isn't something his fans would know the answer to. Vinnie would know, and maybe his manager of that time period. Why do you want to know this? What importance does it have? The only angle I could see this information being of any use would be for some form of ridiculous online mudslinging for your Blabbermouth site, which by the way is like The Enquirer of the music community.
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

Oh? Well then if that's true, why not just come out and state who you are, and your intentions in the first place?
Sounds to me like you are here for the dirt and drama. That kind of question isn't something his fans would know the answer to. Vinnie would know, and maybe his manager of that time period. Why do you want to know this? What importance does it have? The only angle I could see this information being of any use would be for some form of ridiculous online mudslinging for your Blabbermouth site, which by the way is like The Enquirer of the music community.
I'm just fucking with you haha. By the way, this is a site to discuss Vinny any goddamn way we want. I'm a 47 year old guitar player, yet a brand new fan to Vinny's music. I play in a cover band and learned some Kiss songs and from there I began to look at Vinny again. I had written him off in the 80's as a mindless shredder. But, the echoes of "Vinny saved Kiss" really interested me and I dug in and discovered his early demos. Those songs and that fucking voice BLEW ME AWAY. I had no idea Vinny was this multi-talented, I dare say, genius.

So, I'm just a fan, bro. But, Julian of the KissFAQ who said he owns this site made an important point on his podcast. Vinny, could have something small prepared to give a fan who may have bought the box sets. Why not? It's a great idea. Julian's words, not mine, is that the box set debacle could be the "800 lb gorilla in the room." Vinny, if you read this, no disrespect!!! But, consider it.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Julian, while being a cool person, does not run or own this site (VVFF). He has only posted here as far as I know.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Why are things getting so heated? Relax people, it's just Vinnie talk after all.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Julian also has stuff that he hasn't released/leaked either!

Naughty, naughty boy! :P :P :P
Euphoria96

Post by Euphoria96 »

poserboy71 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 pm E96 sounds familiar ! You seem to want the abuse. Please stop . Enjoy the forum. If someone gets your goat, let them milk it while you giggle.
Bless your heart.

Yeah, since I started as a guest here in 2011 I enjoyed the forum all the time, guess better chill down and relax, VV is coming again, that makes me happy everyday
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Euphoria96 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:41 am
poserboy71 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 pm E96 sounds familiar ! You seem to want the abuse. Please stop . Enjoy the forum. If someone gets your goat, let them milk it while you giggle.
Bless your heart.

Yeah, since I started as a guest here in 2011 I enjoyed the forum all the time, guess better chill down and relax, VV is coming again, that makes me happy everyday
Can I get an AMEN ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
Euphoria96

Post by Euphoria96 »

Amen Schobel!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Euphoria96 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:14 pm Amen Schobel!
;)

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

MC shobel
Bye Bye
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

Props to Vinnie!!!! It looks like he's decided to remedy this thing, even after so many years have passed. I never bought the box set but Vinnie certainly deserves the fan's respect for this. I'm gonna show it buy purchasing the new box set and some shirts or memorabilia from the Wiz. That's right, I'm gonna support the Wiz with my DOLLARS.

I'll tell you what if Vinnie ever put out that book, I would literally THROW MY WALLET at him and hit him in the forehead with it. :lol:
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

That is great Hum, don't forget that next year is 2VV8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vinnie's year !!!!!!!!!!
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

Streetbeat wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:45 pm That is great Hum, don't forget that next year is 2VV8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vinnie's year !!!!!!!!!!
Yes, wallet ready to support. Already got expo ticket and plan to buy what I can from Vinnie at the expo.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Did you get VIP? They have new avaibilty if you didn't for Sunday. I wonder what he will be selling other than archives. Will be interesting
Hummarstra wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:27 pm
Streetbeat wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:45 pm That is great Hum, don't forget that next year is 2VV8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vinnie's year !!!!!!!!!!
Yes, wallet ready to support. Already got expo ticket and plan to buy what I can from Vinnie at the expo.
Bye Bye
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:20 pm Did you get VIP? They have new avaibilty if you didn't for Sunday. I wonder what he will be selling other than archives. Will be interesting
Hummarstra wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:27 pm
Vinnie's year !!!!!!!!!!
No, I didn't get VIP. Believe it or not I"m not one of those who cares to meet my heroes in person. Just want to be there for all the hoopla and the Q&A. But, great to hear that added more VIP! That's means success for Vinnie.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Told you , 2VV8