I Still love you - wow it's 100% VV

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Streetbeat

I Still love you - wow it's 100% VV

Post by Streetbeat »

I know the song for more than 30 years, but now i decided to give a spin to COTN with headphones
and analyze each tune in deep. Im surprised i never catched this before but ISL is 100% VV.
The melodies, the tragic line, the dramatic dark and mysterious feel is oh boy 100000% Vinnie.
You can even hear traits of his personality and now i understand why he created that amazing music that nobody
seems to be able to replicate it's like a spider's music, KISS were very fortunate to have him, they met at the right time
but this is magnificent, ISL has some Unholy vibe as well, listening to KILLER, the nasty persecuting assasin melodies are there
im now more than sure that those were Vinnie's songs more than Paul and Gene's, the drama is there, it all fits with him and
his way of being, VINNIE IS HIS MUSIC and HIS MELODIES. I found new respect for Vinnie today, he was (because he no longer release music)
a MUSICAL GENIOUS but it's his personality. It's his way his only way. He is his music and his music is him.
Now im listening to War Machine, which he did not write , song melodies are mean but ...like wannabe mean, it's like a goofy kind of mean
Vinnie's melodies are psychopatic and sad in a freak way, his solos too, please take a deep listen and try to understand his message.
He was a tortured soul but the way he expressed that on his melodies its what made him a unique genious. He is irreplaceable.
tukoztukoz

Re: I Still love you - wow it's 100% VV

Post by tukoztukoz »

Agreed! Tortured solos. These days I was wondering where he got those twisted notes from.
There's a song in Toliklisy (sorry for the wrong writing)'s demos that's called "I wanna love you". The arpeggiated guitar sounds like ISLY.
say two sky two say fare
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Thanks will listen to it, and yes those are twisted melodies, they work so good with Gene's voice too.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

You're right! Yes I agree with you. Heard this song a view times today.
Wolfi
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Guys do this, relisten, concentrate and imagine them as VVI songs....with guest vocals ...Gene or Paul, you will see that the tune was Vinnie's
incredible that i know the tune for DECADES and now it fits, maybe i can see / listen deeper now, what i mean that it fits that Gene and Paul just slaps their names into V tunes but most of the tunes were V's 100% , im sure V had the whole LIU album almost ready and maybe he was even uncredited on some other ideas !
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Too true! Can't fault Robben Ford's playing on it though!

Always thought A Million to One's lyrics were about Vinnie's feelings towards G & P!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

It fits, today i listened to that too, what a difference Vinnie injected on those KISS albums, woah.
Vinnie could have made a heavy giant career as a soundtrack soundwriter, he was really a wizard, a crazy one
i kinda understand why he wanted that high voice, all of vinnie songs are kinda mini movies.
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

Streetbeat wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:23 am It fits, today i listened to that too, what a difference Vinnie injected on those KISS albums, woah.
Vinnie could have made a heavy giant career as a soundtrack soundwriter, he was really a wizard, a crazy one
i kinda understand why he wanted that high voice, all of vinnie songs are kinda mini movies.
Hi Streetbeat. I know this is a months old thread, but do you know IN FACT that this is a %100 VV song? Or is that just your gut feeling?
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

I recall there is an Expo VV interview were VV mentioned song by song if he's playing on the song or not.