A MESSAGE TO VINNIE

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
VinceVandergraff

A MESSAGE TO VINNIE

Post by VinceVandergraff »

I know this is a 0.01% longshot, but what the hell, ya know?

Vinnie, I've been a fan for 30+ years, and I will be in the Nashville area for the next two days on business with a publisher. It would be great to meet somewhere and have a coffee or something. If you feel up to it, please reach out. Hope you are doing well, and you are sorely missed.

- Vince
vincevandergraff@hotmail.com
ThayerPower

Re: A MESSAGE TO VINNIE

Post by ThayerPower »

Think he's got another 24 dog funerals this week. Maybe he could slip in an espresso inbetween the victims pets bereavements.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Oh my another hater :twisted:
ThayerPower

Post by ThayerPower »

Slayer wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:51 am Oh my another hater :twisted:
Who's a hater?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

No need for that Thayer!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
ThayerPower

Post by ThayerPower »

Well it is the the elephant in the room. Obviously I jest, but it is a very serious matter once you look at the facts.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Facts: Big dogs got out and killed smaller dogs. :( Ground was too frozen to dig, so the deceased dogs were stored in a freezer until the ground was thawed enough to dig graves.

No elephants in any room.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

When do we start a NO TOLERATION policy when it crosses the line of human decency ?
We can nudge and joke but Vinnie is a good person to his pets. FACT
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

ThayerPower wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:10 pm Well it is the the elephant in the room. Obviously I jest, but it is a very serious matter once you look at the facts.
Lol a person stating 'facts' when they don't even know all the facts..
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:37 am
ThayerPower wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:10 pm Well it is the the elephant in the room. Obviously I jest, but it is a very serious matter once you look at the facts.
Lol a person stating 'facts' when they don't even know all the facts..
Welcome to the internet. XD
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

[quote=Cernex post_id=116140 time=1496999319 user_id=593]
Welcome to the internet. XD

Yep, forgot how people were on here! :lol:
VinceVandergraff

Post by VinceVandergraff »

ThayerPower, your name says it all. Unless it is an inside joke that only you know about, and you (and only you) think is funny, then you are a troll of very miniscule proportions. I'm betting you copy/paste your lame retorts from here and send them to your "friends" over on the "True KISS Fan Forum" for the virtual high-fives from other people like yourself that are huge fans of the current Thayer/Singer lineup of KISS. You truly have no place here, and I'd bet real money that the only reason you are here is to troll, but you're not even good at it. What a sad excuse of a human being. I'm sure your family and friends are so proud of you.

My adventure to Nashville yielded one clue that I suspected all along. Vinnie HAS been in contact in the past (and possibly recent too) with publishers in the area. In Nashville, as well as the Memphis area, there's a handful of music publishing companies based there. I sold the rights away to two songs I wrote (out of 5 that I submitted), and had to sign quite a few documents prepared by the publishing house lawyer, although my meeting was with one of their buyers, my contact. By selling the rights away to them, I no longer own them, and they are free to change anything about them that they see fit. After the formalities were done, and I had an envelope in my hand with a check inside, I was invited to go have a few drinks, which I took him and his colleague up on the offer. I thought it was a nice gesture. I had already planned to ask them something, so this made the perfect opportunity to do so. I steered the conversation to songwriters and artists, and after a few back and forth moments of talking, I asked, "Does the name Vincent or John Cusano ring a bell?"... my contact guy slowly shook his head and said, "No, I don't think so." But the other guy immediately started staring into the ceiling with a puzzled look while rubbing his beard and says, "Hmm, that name does sound familiar. I think someone at the previous house I worked at may have brought his name up once or twice, but that was a few years ago. Who is he?" I didn't go into details about Vinnie Vincent, but instead just said "He's an awesome songwriter that may live here, or used to live in the area." That was the end of that, because the conversation then turned to whatever was playing on the jukebox. I really wanted to press the guy for more, but there is a non-disclosure agreement sometimes depending on the nature of the contract, and I didn't want to overstep any boundaries and possibly ruin my relationship with them, because I would like them to listen to the next batch I send instead of throwing it into the trash. It was around 8pm by the time we shook hands and parted ways. I went to the Cracker Barrel near the Motel 6 I stayed at by the river dam, then to the saloon which was walking distance from my room. Got up the next morning before 11:00 checkout, and got back on the road for my 12-hour trek back home. No concrete info about Vinnie though, other than he has dealt with (or attempted to deal with) publishing companies in some aspect for the prospect of selling or marketing songs to artists. There's also the possibility that the name sounded familiar, but wasn't the same person the guy was thinking of. It's also possible that we could have already heard other Vinnie penned tunes out there which he outright sold and has no claim to, just like I did. Needless to say, I'd rather hear Vinnie playing them than someone else.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Wouldn't that be a fucking bitch if Vinnie went down that route many years after not giving in to Gene and Paul who tried to contractually own all of his songs while he was under their employ ?

The press conference he gave in 1997 while suing Kiss took place at one of those publishing places (if I'm not mistaken). My friend drove me by the place and pointed at the window that is behind Vinnie in the video..
Cool that you dug but didn't push too hard.
Leave the pushing for another time. ;)

NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Someone must have that complete 1997 press conference collecting dust somewhere, would be cool to see what Vinnie had to say back in 97
when he realized he was NOT invited to the reunion tour. (A year before he was sending praises to KISS all over the press and interviews)
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Streetbeat wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:10 am Someone must have that complete 1997 press conference collecting dust somewhere, would be cool to see what Vinnie had to say back in 97
when he realized he was NOT invited to the reunion tour. (A year before he was sending praises to KISS all over the press and interviews)
Being fair, at this point, I think we all have a pretty clear idea of what kind of stuff was said.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Would be pretty cool to see that footage
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We would all love to see the whole thing....
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 am We would all love to see the whole thing....
I bet you would. ;)

NEWBEGINNINGS
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

Is that the last footage of him? Other than the 2003 picture?