What I admire about Vinnie Vincent

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
InvertedTriads

What I admire about Vinnie Vincent

Post by InvertedTriads »

I'm new to the forums. Very cool board with some very cool fans. I have lurked for a while, but decided to post finally. Vinnie Vincent is one of my top guitar influences. His style amd technique was truly ahead of what other guitarists were doing at that time imo. After listening to, or reading every interview with Vinnie I could find, I realized how true to his musical vision he was. The guy had one of the most coveted guitar gigs at that time. He was willing to walk away from that to pursue his vision, and to do things the way he wanted. I am very aware of the negative accounts and stories. I'm not here to defend or refute those accounts. Vinnie obviously made some mistakes and made his road much harder to travel. I believe he did that out of passion and love for his craft. He would rather fail doing it his way than suceed doing it someone else's. Say what you want but that is the attitude of a winner. How often do we in everyday life sacrifice our dreams and what we want because we are comfortable or afraid to take chances. I admire him in that respect. Anyway, it's great to be here, and I look forward to some hopefully great discussion in the future.
Slayer

Re: What I admire about Vinnie Vincent

Post by Slayer »

Welcome here and enjoy yourself at V.V.F.F.

Kev
BigEd

Re: What I admire about Vinnie Vincent

Post by BigEd »

Look....We are all "Human" and make many Mistake's, the point is to recognize them and correct them....Vinnie had a "Talent" not seen very much in this World....we've tried to help him but he fails to accept, we will always be there for him, hopefully someday he will listen to his Fan's !