Doublev Dino- Question for you.

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
poserboy71

Doublev Dino- Question for you.

Post by poserboy71 »

Dino,
What was the correspondence like between you and Vinnie when you handed the old site over to him? Was it by phone , text, e-mail, in person,etc. What was the PROOF that it was actually Vinnie Cusano ? Just curious.

Thanks, Rick-- THE Poserboy from the year of 1971.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

I would love too hear this answer!
doublev

Post by doublev »

Hi.
I would have never said any of this if things had things not turned out this way.
I knew it was him as I had a conference call with v and a third party, all which is documented. This was around the new year. I had had correspondence with the third party for 18 months before that. As everyone knows I owned vinnievincent.com and felt it would be great if v had it and used it for the fans. In emails and prior phone call to the third party I offered the domain for no cost to v. Also I offered v to be a quiet moderator. I did not want to hand the domain over without hearing V's voice for both me and his best interest. V was incredibly nice and it was a dream come true which I will always cherish. After I transferred the domain Vinnie asked to take ownership of the doublev board with me as admin/moderator. In my opinion it was working great but sadly it seems that unknown to me at the time v decided I was not helping him enough. Then everyone started getting deleted.
I only spoke on the phone once, and the rest by email.
As for tj monster, I have all backec up and at least 2 members have full proof. I wanted to run the board to pleased Vinnie and having unauthorized guitars promoted by tj monster was not a smart thing to do .
Monster I have everything full documented, however due to your habit of posting emails on your board your going to have to ask around if you want the truth.
The hardest thing is to realize your child Hood idol is not who or what you thought. But he still is and always will be a special musician and person.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Thanks Dino,
That must have been like Christmas for a 7 year old waiting for Vinnie to call. DAMN. Try not to take it personally for I believe that Vinnie has this third party (a woman possibly--LOL-just joking- no hate mail please) chirping in his ear. Those priop 18 months must have been horrible for you. Good job by not letting the cat out of the bag.I have only witnessed you doing good things for the Vinnie Vincent name throughout the years. YOU have your truth of knowing that you tried to do Vinnie a SOLID. Just because he chooses to see it differently isn't your problem.

Once again, curiosity is biting at my heels being that I want to SEE the correspondence. I know that is pushing it too much. Thank you for sharing as much as you have. You are the FIRST person I know of that has said they have talked to Vinnie in more than a decade.The only PROOF we have. At least HE'S ALIVE... and maybe if we're lucky... ...IT'S ALIVE !!

Thanks again- You're a good dude,

Rick---- Poserboy71

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

Thanks. like I said their are two sides to everything and its not fair to him to keep posting with my point of view only. I honestly don't mind if I was not suitable to work with him etc but I know that after handing over everything for nothing to my hero and spending time I didn't really have and never being anyhing other than discrete and polite, I know that this was not the way to go. But I do not want a Good Guy badly guy situation. We are all here because we love v and I am certainly a person who makes mistakes like most people. We all basically wanted to be liked, respected and get on with each other.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:Thanks. like I said their are two sides to everything and its not fair to him to keep posting with my point of view only. I honestly don't mind if I was not suitable to work with him etc but I know that after handing over everything for nothing to my hero and spending time I didn't really have and never being anyhing other than discrete and polite, I know that this was not the way to go. But I do not want a Good Guy badly guy situation. We are all here because we love v and I am certainly a person who makes mistakes like most people. We all basically wanted to be liked, respected and get on with each other.
VERY TRUE !! Maybe if we hold our breath ,Vinnie will give us his side. If he doesn't, at least we'll pass out for a bit.

:shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

What I don't understand is the use of the term 'MISCONDUCT' towards you by Vinnie. I don't recall you EVER badmouthing him. What did you supposedly do that he didn't like ?

---PB71--

NEWBEGINNINGS
Batman

Post by Batman »

poserboy71 wrote:What I don't understand is the use of the term 'MISCONDUCT' towards you by Vinnie. I don't recall you EVER badmouthing him. What did you supposedly do that he didn't like ?

---PB71--
Probably banning Suzie Q for making a very anti-semitic (that's how you sell it?) comment.
doublev

Post by doublev »

he seems to have not liked the fact i said he runs the board. All i wanted was for everyone to know i was not involved with the board and was not deleting all those topics and fans. if he had done that i would have gone quietly. It is not missconduct to want to clear my name to my friends.He has no understanding about the fan community and that you should only delete posts and topics with a lot of care. If you remember he deleted the whole general discussion that had something like 7000 post on it. That happened while i was still admin under him. The misconduct to me seems to be just telling the truth. What is confusing is why he doesn't want to come out and just say its him.

he also seems to think when i was away busy for the last week on the board, i should have helped him out more. he says he needed help on the board and i was not their to help him. i never once got an email requesting help by the way. I can help out but its not my full time job and I can not always be on the board and also I do not know what he wants deleting or not, i can only guess. The last letter I had was more like the firing of an employee, yet i was not an employee, i was doing it for the love of it (i don't care about the money but truthfully i was far from an employee, i lost money, I bought the domain for good money and gave that for free to him, even though i think it would have still been fair to ask for what i paid for it, also i sent some things to him that were requested that wasn't too much money, but still i was no way an employee, this is what hurt a lot. I thought I was doing the correct and kind thing and then I get a letter that i only have myself to blame. the more i think about it the more I am so happy to have nothing more to do with him and how much a fool i was, also i know a gift is from the heart but he flat out lied to me saying a gift was in the post that never came, this was a thank you for the domain hand over. I said i didn't care if i got a gift as working with him and getting new music was more than enough, but when someone says a gift is in the post you get excited, well that never came and was not posted, it seems vv was more busy with other things).
he as to get priorities in order. if you love or hate fans you have to be pro about it. your fans are you career, if you want to make music for yourself and wife only, that cool, but i know i would not want to black mail fans into being brown nosing me to get music or else i am going to quit, that is not the correct way, unless I am mistaken
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Good post Dino,im with you
We had a nice support team for V's comeback it was a nice plan
maybe all for free,we didnt care,i wanted V's comeback more than anyone
and i was going to be there,silent,helping the man,but it all fell down.
I have to pass on this one guys , it hurts a lot what we did to us
and i feel that Dino has represented us ...the real v fans better than anyone all over the years.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dino,
Was there an agreement NOT to say that Vinnie owned the boards ? If so, For how long? What is funny, as soon as you changed your name to Doublev2, I believe EVERYONE pieced together WHY you did it and who DOUBLEV was going to be !! OBVIOUS !! We were all just playing stupid in anticipation of an announcement that never came.

Got your back,

Rick---PB71-----

NEWBEGINNINGS
ankh

Post by ankh »

Dino, thanks for everything you've done for all those years.Sorry to hear how things did turn out.

Same for you, streebeat.

Kudos
doublev

Post by doublev »

as for an agreement. It was clear to me that he was going to make the board official and even mentioned it. Until then I was just keeping quiet.
due ti think his mood must have been altered after the court case as after that I was deleted.
If anyone has faith, I would say forget it. He blew a great chance in my opinion, and remember he had to rebuild fans trust from the archives fiasco and he needed trusted fans to help with this.
What he doesn't ever realize, his fans are actually some of the most loyal, caring and smart fans out there. I can not imagine many other artists having such cool fans.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote:Thanks. ...there are two sides to everything and its not fair to him to keep posting with my point of view only...
If he doesn't want anything to do with us or the debate that exists then you have EVERY right to voice YOUR side of things.

----PB71----

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev wrote: What he doesn't ever realize, his fans are actually some of the most loyal, caring and smart fans out there. I can not imagine many other artists having such cool fans.
Right back at you and THANK YOU !! :)

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

poserboy71 wrote:
doublev wrote:Thanks. ...there are two sides to everything and its not fair to him to keep posting with my point of view only...
If he doesn't want anything to do with us or the debate that exists then you have EVERY right to voice YOUR side of things.

----PB71----
This is true, it's a public forum open to everyone, especially Vinnie, and we know he knows about us. He and anyone is completly able to tell us their side of anything, it's as easy as registering.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Post by birnie »

This forum, the good, the bad, the truth, the lies..whatever...

It Feels so FREE!!!!
(let Freedom Rock)

the other one felt so restricted.
Deleted threads, reformatting.
Whenever i typed i felt as if, "geeze, i hope this is ok??"
So stupid.

Loved the past couple of posts too Poser and DubV :D