Exciter

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Streetbeat

Exciter

Post by Streetbeat »

Hi guys,what was the main reason why they put Rick Derringer
performing the solo for Exciter ? If i were Vinnie i would be pretty pissed off not to be the featuring solo on my debut album with a great band.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think they felt what Vinnie was doing wasn't working somehow and brought Rick in, which severely annoyed me when I found out as Exciter is just about the best Kiss song ever and I LOVED the solo work on it. I just love the whole song really.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
DirtyRhythm

Post by DirtyRhythm »

After finding out and dissecting the song, I think Vinnie might play the bends up until Paul does his "whooooHA!" where I think Rick takes over.

Yeah, I was blown away by that song and would love to hear what Vinnie intended to go there.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Is there a demo to find with Vinnie's solo :?:
teej

Post by teej »

I have a demo of some of the LIU recording sessions but honestly i cant remember whats on it other than VV trying to teach Paul and Eric some vocal harmonies for a guitar part he had written .. is back in the UK so cant really help
Batman

Post by Batman »

teej wrote:I have a demo of some of the LIU recording sessions but honestly i cant remember whats on it other than VV trying to teach Paul and Eric some vocal harmonies for a guitar part he had written .. is back in the UK so cant really help
Yeah, I think I have those...somewhere?
I don't think there is an Exciter solo there though, but a lot of drum tracks and other stuff. I remember there was a track when they we're discussing some riff or something and Vinnie goes on talking about Zeppelin IV or something. There is also a track of Vinnie singing a vocal melody to...I think it is A million to one. And you can hear a tv in the background.

I only remember this as I remember thinking to myself "hey! american television! "
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Live version here - man he kicks ass

2:38
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer wrote:

Live version here - man he kicks ass

2:38
I like Rick Derringer and his 'Exciter' solo is exceptional but I will take Vinnie's solo any day over his.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS