Just wow!

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
tseeker

Just wow!

Post by tseeker »

I've been lurking here and doing a great deal of reading (on and off) for the last several months.

I guess that I should start out by saying that I'm not (and never have been) a VV fan. In fact, I believe that I can honestly say that I've lived the last 30 years, without ever having a conscious thought of Vinnie Vincent.

What led me here was that my daughter was doing an 80's icon, biography type of thing for a school project...And she was doing hers on KISS. And at some point, while helping her, it occurred to me that 80's KISS would have been VV/Eric Carr and not Ace/Peter.

Anyhow, I've always had a natural curiosity about what happened to various musicians, actors, ect...After their 15 minutes of fame. And I often find myself Googling some blast from the past, after hearing an old song or watching some old tv show.

Sometimes I find that they simply stepped out of the spotlight and took on behind the scene roles, in their industry.

Sometimes I find that they got out of the industry all together and now live quiet lives, in some small town. Perhaps they own a business or have persued some other career, maybe raised a family and living a normal life.

Sometimes I find that they quietly passed away, after years of battling any number of health problems.

There are also those who have spiraled down to an incomprehensible level of disfunction that we can only shake our heads in disbelief.

After Googling and investigating hundreds of names, throughout the years...I can say (without a doubt) that this is by far, the most F***ed up mess that I have ever run across...

And yet it's also the most intriguing

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
tukoztukoz

Re: Just wow!

Post by tukoztukoz »

"The most intriguing": true! And nothing happens. Waiting for Godot. Maybe he will come tomorrow...
say two sky two say fare
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

It is indeed, intriguing. The whole idea of VV is intriguing in itself.
Even if none of the crazy drama ever happened with VV, he would still without a doubt, be as popular as he is now; maybe even more so.

Either way, I am still waiting to see what could possibly happen next; even though things have been a tad quiet for a while ;)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

What AW said!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

A lot has happened with our favorite guitar shredder. But like always, stories get twisted, turned and they become even worse or benefit other parties better. But the truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Its a waste he left the spotlight many years ago .. VV could have a very decent career. Even to this day, but he chooses differently.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

like always?????
Arjen wrote:A lot has happened with our favorite guitar shredder. But like always, stories get twisted, turned and they become even worse or benefit other parties better. But the truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Its a waste he left the spotlight many years ago .. VV could have a very decent career. Even to this day, but he chooses differently.
Bye Bye
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

However he chooses to live his life, so be it.

Even with it being saddening not being able to see him do what he does best, here and now.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

for most of the people here the VVI, and VV Kiss albums are part of us. Listened to them growing up and shaped our music lives. For me sure did. From 9 years old until 15 VV was the guy I listened and followed the most. Even cried when I read the news in Kerrang that VVI broke up in 1988.
Bye Bye
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Lucky you. I wasn't alive at the time. But if I had the choice to be, I would have. Such great music back then.

The way things are now though, it is what it is.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Great days. I know people dispute this but by the time asg came out vvi were pretty obscure. I remember being very upset at school the day after I read the news of vvi break up and a lot of the metal guys didnt really know vvi and virtually no kiss fans around in high school at the time. I played in bands and battle of the bands competitions and.very few of.the other bands knew vvi. Some had heard boyz are gonna rock.but certainly.not ashes to.ashes . had one friend who was into vvi and kiss. People seem to think and argue that vvi were huge but simply not the case. Cetainly very very few knew the names mark slaughter and dana until slaughter broke .
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Sadly, that's pretty true! The only guys who liked Vinnie that I knew were because I turned them onto him.

Actually, that's not quite true....everyone in my Year 11 class knew of VVI because I made my own screen printed shirt that I wore during PE class.

Unfortunately, I kinda did it wrong and it sort of said InvaVsion!!! Still the only screen print I've ever done!

I think the remains of it are in a drawer at home!!!!! I wore that sucka out!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

By the time 1988 came about in our school thrash metal was more popular. The rock bands people listened to were crue, ratt, dokken, maiden, priest mainly. Vvi did get pretty good magazine exposure but didnt seem to help. The headbangers ball hosting didn't seem to do much either. Also dont forger the ball started at 11pm and finished at 2am so was not huge viewing figures. I watched the ball every week and while vvi were together I only saw that time of year once. I maybe wrong but I think love kills video may have been played only on a few shows in day and not on the ball. Actually I think vvi split a,few weeks after love kills came out. The single was released after band split. I know after vvi split they got more plays even after slaughter hit.
Bye Bye
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

doublev2 wrote:like always?????
When that come to your regular KISS fans: yes
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

Vinnie was an integral part of Kiss getting back on the map.

Doesn't mean that he isn't warped / jaded / bitter etc.
However, I think I would be too if I was treated the way he was by the Kiss Organization.

Enjoy reading.
Rise All Creatures, Hail To The Beast...Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast.