Some auction items still available

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
SonOfTheAnkh

Some auction items still available

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

I'm sure most of you guys already know about this but there are still some items from the Vinnie auction that are available. Items still available are some jackets, boots, the mini billboard thingy, tour itinerary, lyrics, the ankh necklace, and the belt. Check it out http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... ie+Vincent
Cali

Re: Some auction items still available

Post by Cali »

Just looking at that made me breathe heavily. I really wish I had that money, it's awesome that that kind of memorabilia is actually for sale
SonOfTheAnkh

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

Cali wrote:Just looking at that made me breathe heavily. I really wish I had that money, it's awesome that that kind of memorabilia is actually for sale
True that. The prices are insane though, especially as there's admittedly not a lot of demand more Vinnie collectibles that much anymore...
Cali

Post by Cali »

SonOfTheAnkh wrote:
Cali wrote:Just looking at that made me breathe heavily. I really wish I had that money, it's awesome that that kind of memorabilia is actually for sale
True that. The prices are insane though, especially as there's admittedly not a lot of demand more Vinnie collectibles that much anymore...
Yeah and I can't imagine a rich person who would buy Vinnie Vincent's boots
SonOfTheAnkh

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

Cali wrote:Yeah and I can't imagine a rich person who would buy Vinnie Vincent's boots
That's exactly my thoughts. And even if there was someone, it's not like they could WEAR them or anything.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I'm imagining some of the clothing he may have had more than one of? It seems to me that if memory serves me I've seen pictures of a girl in South America with a Red Jacket like the one shown at the Julien's Auction that I believed she won in an auction? I also thought that the belt and and Ankh necklace had been sold before?

I'm getting old and senile though at this advanced point in life so I may be completely wrong :-)
SonOfTheAnkh

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

Slayer wrote:I'm imagining some of the clothing he may have had more than one of? It seems to me that if memory serves me I've seen pictures of a girl in South America with a Red Jacket like the one shown at the Julien's Auction that I believed she won in an auction? I also thought that the belt and and Ankh necklace had been sold before?

I'm getting old and senile though at this advanced point in life so I may be completely wrong :-)
I'm not sure about he jackets but yeah, the necklace seems more than likely there were more than one made.
beano

Post by beano »

The Juliens Guitar now on eBay
Attachments
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
Possio

Post by Possio »

Was this guitar really ever used on stage?
what year is it most likely?
and, Are there ANY pics of VV holding this guitar any time in history? (no trem here, all I see is Vinnie posing with trem way back when)
/cheers, O
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

It's an 83-84' model. Obviously not the CoTN guitar since it has no Floyd. Maybe Vinnie used it on the LIU tour? Maybe he didn't? In great shape considering its age and IMO, one of his guitars but yes, it is a tad disingenuous to use CoTN pics to promote it though.

Good luck to the seller though, think it's a hard thing to quadruple the amount you bought it for (approx $4000 after all the fees) on and ebay auction. Any sale really!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

Nah Vinnie did not used this guitar on the liu tour. Im pretty sure about that
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

the photo in the case can not be the same guitar? whats the verdict Vic? i guess he may have used it and not been pictured with it ?
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

There appears to be only the smallest ding on the bottom fin which would be unusual for a Vee that had seen road use (or even a Vee that was bought recently) and the case looks like it has never been out of the house. Having said that, it still may have been a backup guitar on the LIU tour as it is definitely an 83/84' model and may have been carried around in a larger road case? We don't know to be honest. IMO Vinnie has owned this guitar from new but I doubt it was used on the CoTN tour.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Knowing the serial number would be handy.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

RR0048 is the serial number......maybe 43 but looks to be an 8. The first two stamps are hard to see but can only be RR, then it is definitely 0 0 4 8 (or 3).

So that makes it an early '83. Rhoads serial numbers for 1983 were RR0001 - RR0294.

Which also shows that Vinnie may very well have been given the guitar while the CoTN tour was still happening.....certainly been given it in time for the South American leg of the tour, no doubt.

But it is still NOT the same guitar as the Floyded white one used in the pictures.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No, he's bullshitting about that, this is not that guitar, but it is an early production Student Rhoads.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie had the black RRV (with string-through tailpiece) on the COTN Tour... Maybe a repaint ?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

No. The guitars looks to be a different shape, the controls are completely different as is the pick guard.

tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

No rust or oxydation on the metal parts, after 30 years, that's quite surprising. He certainly kept it in a right place.
I wonder if those guitars got cleaned before the selling?
... Fretboards with Vinnies DNA...
say two sky two say fare
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

with Gene's DNA as well
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

We have been there before with the possible changing of controls,etc...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS