Pete Willis and Vinnie Vincent

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
evh5150

Pete Willis and Vinnie Vincent

Post by evh5150 »

Anybody ever make the connection between Pete and Vinnie. Both have just fallen off the map after their projects folded. I've always been a giant Def Leppard fan and much like Vinnie I always wonder what Pete is up to. Steve Clark has always been my favorite from the band, but Pete was always great. If You've never heard it, he had a band in 91 called Roadhouse that is actually very impressive. Anyway much like Vinnie there isn't any information on him recently, (beyond 2002). What do you guys think?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Pete Willis and Vinnie Vincent

Post by Genebaby »

I didn't really know Pete had done anything much post Leppard. Did Roadhouse just break up? Did he get over his drinking? Not that it stopped a lot of other musos....just check out your avatar, lol...
Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Post by birnie »

I didn't follow Pete either after Def Leppard.
Just love High and Dry !
birnie

Post by birnie »

Just from Wiki :
" As of 2003, Willis left the music business. He now runs his own property management company in Sheffield "
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

Roadhouse broke up not long after they formed in 1991 but it's really great stuff. I'm not sure about his drinking. Joe Elliott said he had a long conversation with him in 2006 and that it was "unpleasant" and that he couldn't get over being fired. [youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Great stuff, never follow him but this is kind of music I still hear in my car!
Wolfi
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Pete Willis was the guitar sound of Def Leppard that I prefer. NWBHM... Rocking guitars and riffs. They became a different band when he left. Funny thing is, those two Roadhouse videos sound like DL after Willis was fired.

The Willis and Vincent eras of each band are what I dig. Both occurred at pretty much the same time: primarily a few short years in the early 80's.

DL very well might have saved Willis' life by firing him. Willis had revenge ;) on his mind and a fire in his heart to prove them wrong. Similar to someone else ? Steve Clark surely didn't use it as a wakeup call and ended up in the ground.
Vinnie wasn't fired but there are some obvious similarities in their stories.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

Steve Clark was definitely the heart of Def Leppard, Steve and Pete together really were getting on a roll, note the majority of the songs on pyromania Pete has credit on. I wish that when Steve died they would have brought Pete back to play with Phil instead of getting Vivian. Anyway I just thought they were very similar stories with Pete and Vinnie.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Pete is my favorite member of DL.

NEWBEGINNINGS
birnie

Post by birnie »

So Pete cops it during the recording of Pyro....which was freegan massive, then Hyteria was even bigger !
Right or wrong, i'd be speeeeewing !
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Not bad stuff at all. Nice guitar sound in the second tune.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

But yeah, the style is very slick, like DL after Pete.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

I agree, it could have been something strong. Just like Vinnie I wish Pete would come back and do something. The only difference is I think there is a good chance of seeing Pete when Def Leppard get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

evh5150 wrote:I agree, it could have been something strong. Just like Vinnie I wish Pete would come back and do something. The only difference is I think there is a good chance of seeing Pete when Def Leppard get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
I never thought of that. Oh boy, would that be incredible to see him jam again !!!! :D :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS