Post by poserboy71 »

I DISLIKE THE CHEAP SHOTS.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Re: David Snowden interview on TSOTC

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:I DISLIKE THE CHEAP SHOTS.
Can't resist can they?

Still, it was the first full ep I listened to!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good listen. The banning Snowden from new York ritz show and the letter is exactly how he works. Vv has done that to so many. Booting / banning / not speaking and then the long letter.
My feeling is the letter from Ann marie was vv anyway just using her name.
Interesting that snowden said vvi was pretty much over before the release of all systems go.
I still think that vv could have kept vvi going. Would have been great to see different singers each album.
The cheap shots are not cool but still a good interview. Never heard that first vvi album was going to be called first blood
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I will still defend vv on the fast playing. Look at classical violinists. It's too easy to Say fast playing is dumb. In classical music no one says that. Also vv does slow down and to be honest when he does its fucking amazing mixed with the speed. I truly think he is a great Jeff beck guy too but they miss what vv is doing when it comes to speed playing. I really think that. Also the point of.vvi was to blow the senses away. Not to do a Jeff beck meets bon Jovi album. Ofcourse vv could have done the bon Jovi thing and made huge amounts of money.
Snowden is correct.. Vv could have been a Desmond child character too but it takes a more easy going character. Vv had too much shit in his life to be easy going I guess. It's hard to judge anyone and really the only people we should be judging is ourselves but I do think the speed thing is too easy to criticise. I will say gfh as much as it's amazing record it was not commercial enough to make money and I guess when it comes to it thsts what everyone wants.
Vv should have almost had a shrapnel records type of band where he showed off speed etc and then a more commercial project but it's all too easy to Sat now and he pissed of shrapnel back then anyway or the other way around I guess
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It also must be way weird that the record company is supporting the back up band members more than vinnie. Someone has to realise even if vv deserved it or not that would have been a very stressful situation.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I tell you now. A documentary about vv. Authorised of course would be huge. This is the only way vv could make big come back. The stories and history is a movie in its own right. I have contacts to make it happen but unfortunately he would never listen to me. But that would be awesome. All these stories
Bye Bye
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

A seven episode documentary, yes!!!
say two sky two say fare
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Good points, Dino.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:I tell you now. A documentary about vv. Authorised of course would be huge. This is the only way vv could make big come back. The stories and history is a movie in its own right. I have contacts to make it happen but unfortunately he would never listen to me. But that would be awesome. All these stories
How many times have we offered ?
Vinnie would be smart to accept our help and take a few victory laps.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i find it weird that Eric Carr and Mark were not friends. Bruce Kulick was always good friends with Mark and even Rik Fox says nice things about Mark.
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

last time i talked to vinnie he said a movie was on the works but i think he was lying, he talked to me as meredith via email.