Welcome To Hell: Recording Drums for the First Vinnie Vincent Invasion Album – Part 2

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Genebaby
Site Admin

Welcome To Hell: Recording Drums for the First Vinnie Vincent Invasion Album – Part 2

Post by Genebaby »

Finally part 2 of Bobby's story of recording the drums for the first VVI album is available.

https://bobbyrock.wordpress.com/2016/02 ... -part-2-2/

Oh man, the poor guy, you gotta feel for him.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Re: Welcome To Hell: Recording Drums for the First Vinnie Vincent Invasion Album – Part 2

Post by shramiac »

Yeah, another great read.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
tukoztukoz

Re: Welcome To Hell: Recording Drums for the First Vinnie Vincent Invasion Album – Part 2

Post by tukoztukoz »

Bobby's a really nice person.
say two sky two say fare
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I saw that this morning off a Facebook link - I thought that it was well written and a good read
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Great !!! Now would be cool if he tells the VVI Breakup story.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hopefully that is coming up!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie, Bobby wants to JAM !
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bobby is a good guy. As much as Robert said no I think it could be a slim posibility that Vinnie, Robert and Bobby could agree. I just dont think VV could. he would most likey charge Bobby to play with him.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

Great story, all the insanity aside I think Vinnie would be a lot more comfortable in todays modern studio. All the timing rework that was done causing weeks of extra time and over budget issues, can now be addressed in a few hours.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
birnie

Post by birnie »

Great read !

Good spin on Vinnie I thought.
Just a perfectionist/musical genius seeking perfection, possibly unobtainable perfection but still, we got the end result :)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I guess this kind of stuff was also main reason guitars from hell was never finished and partly why enigma didn't put it out
Don't forget no Dana on gfh so vv on his own producing must have taken on a whole new world of extreme. Got to love vinnie.
Bye Bye