Anyone have any contact from Vinnie?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
evh5150

Anyone have any contact from Vinnie?

Post by evh5150 »

Has anybody on here had any sort of contact with Vinnie recently, or at least heard anything about his whereabouts?
shramiac

Re: Anyone have any contact from Vinnie?

Post by shramiac »

That'd be a big NO!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Only freemasons know what's going on with Vinnie. Too bad they're so discreet!
say two sky two say fare
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

I just can't understand Vinnie not taking the oppurtunity of showing his face NOW and making some announcements of his plans for the future. Since Creatures of the Night now being somehow "hot" again due to the KISS kruise this would be the perfect timing. He still has a good 15-20 years ahead of him. If Vinnie likes to remove himself from KISS 100% and has no desire to be in the spotlight again, just make this announcement and everybody know what (not) to expect. But it simply does not make sence at all. Why is Vinnie registering those trademarks? Website up, down, up down. I've been waiting since 1996 for him to show himself in public and celebrate his KISS era and solo era together with his fans. Vinnie can enjoy the attention and making a nice extra dollar as well. Leave all negativity behind and look forward. It just don't make sence.
Possio

Post by Possio »

You probably have to ponder the fact that the character "Vinnie Vincent" or Cusano possibly does not
exist anymore..a personality change of sorts, to what or who I have no idea..but it seems that person/character
you see in Kiss and Invasion videos from the 80´s and up to mid 90´s is no longer around so to speak..? I dunno..seems like it to me anyway..And that´s cool I guess..
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i agree, the timing is perfect NOW to get those autographed shirts out.
I think he gave up, around 20 years ago he gave up, there is nothing else to do.
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

Than why not just come out and say listen..... I'm done. If he was done I wouldn't think he would mess with t shirts or custom guitars. If he was done I would think he'd get rid of the Vinnie Vincent name and just go back to being Vince Cusano, a lot like Syd Barrett did after stopping with his career. I don't believe Vinnie is done at all, I think there is a market for a guitar record from him. I honestly think he could put out anything right now and it would be well received just the same as an Yngwie, Via, Bettencourt album. I think if he were done there wouldn't even be rumblings of anything happening. I think the opposite, I think he is waiting to make some sort of statement or appearance for when he thinks the time is right.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Wait for what
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Virginia Lynne is possibly the problem and why Vinnie remains invisible
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

I don't know, maybe he doesn't think we've waited long enough..... It seems the arrest set him back, he was doing a run of guitars, then gets arrested and we've heard nothing. Who is Virginia Lynne
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Not exactly, he continued to promote his shirts same day his wife died
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

evh5150 wrote:I don't know, maybe he doesn't think we've waited long enough..... It seems the arrest set him back, he was doing a run of guitars, then gets arrested and we've heard nothing. Who is Virginia Lynne

Virginia Lynne may be Vincent Cusano?
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

More fake names........ Why
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

He has or had an import furniture business using that name

There is no concrete proof of anything else suspected or suggested
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

he has virginia lynne domains registered too
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

There is a market for music from Vinnie he has just refused or is unable to fill the demand.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

Where was the furniture business? Was it in smyrna? How did that information come about?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Home business, maybe online provider and selling online.
All the information is on the board, search around you will find gold.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

None of us have walked a single step in VV's shoes, so it's kinda easy to sit here and make sweeping statements about what he should or shouldn't do. And let's not forget, he may be living a perfectly happy existence somewhere, oblivious to all this conjecture about his life. We have to respect that at some point - a reappearance of some sort would make us happy, but would it make him happy? At the end of the day, any human being only has to answer to themselves.

That said, I think it would be rather cathartic for VV to put stuff out - without any pressure for it to be "great" or commercially successful. I think a book would be very well received. My view is there is a lot more to all the stories than we hear - and even if there's not, it would do him a lot of good (for himself and in the eyes of the public) for him to just give it straight. If there were fuck ups on his part, admit them. Put the record straight.

Maybe a track or two - even just melodic ideas. A few pictures from back in the day. Opinions and thoughts. Stick it on a blog. (I really like what Bobby Rock is doing - snippets of info told as a story).

The only thing missing for me is some sort of quality remaining legacy other than the VVI albums and his work with Kiss, and that's a real shame. Googling Vinnie Vincent just brings up lots of crap. Even this forum seems to be full of negative stuff rather than a celebration of the man.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Sadly, there is more negative than positive surrounding Vinnie. And I'd be bold enough to say that I can speak for everyone here and say that it is something we all wish, wasn't the case!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

I'm not trying to run the guy down at all. I'm a huge fan it just seems like such a waste to not want to play anymore. Honestly, what could be holding him back? I wish the guy nothing but the best.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

He might be afraid of playing, something psychological. He didnt want to play on the 95-96 conventions.
He maybe lost his chops, not practicing in a year or more and maybe gave up.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

More likely he doesn't wish to be seen the current way that he looks in 2016. No one here cares how he looks but Vinnie prefers to be remembered the way that he looked in 1996,
roustabout23

Post by roustabout23 »

yes, a book or a biopic would be absolutely well received. even if straight to netflix.. let the vinnie side of the story be told.

Speaking for only myself... ive not had any negative experiences, or experiences at all that I am aware of with Vinnie. I would welcome a conversation that didnt have to do with the negatives of his life, perhaps thats the problem...too much emphasis on the bad. we all fuck up. we have all fucked someone over, or at least from someone elses perspective we have... we all owe somebody a few bucks... we all have a negative side... maybe it is up to us to get the party started on the celebrating the mans legacy... Vinnie surely wouldn't turn down a good party...

but then, I am also a johnny come lately around here, so I may have missed out on the chance to say directly to the man, your music inspired and inspires me.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

evh5150 wrote:I'm not trying to run the guy down at all. I'm a huge fan it just seems like such a waste to not want to play anymore. Honestly, what could be holding him back? I wish the guy nothing but the best.
Sorry dude, I wasn't running you down at all - I'm with you in terms of wishing he did something - I was making more a general observation that we all think we know the answer as to what he should do (me included), but ultimately, we can't live anyone's life for them.

I too wish him the best, and hope he realises that his contribution to the scene was appreciated, and is far more valuable than maybe he realises. I think there would be a big audience for any output from him either musically or literary.

I see that appetite as twofold - genuine fan interest, and those people who regard him as a curious character. He's certainly the most fascinating of the gang of former Kiss members.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I think in Vinny's mind, he purposely doesn't make any "Statement" for It keeps "Us" fans and the World on the edge of our seats....Sure, we saw a glimmer of hope, when he started to talk to his "Fan's" on his old Forum, talks of a "Comeback" Concert and the release of his Signature guitars at NAMM but as the "Shit" started hitting the fan, he shut down his Forum and I "quote" him here....it was due to the ill-will of Other's that made it all too much to bear, at the time !

He's been offered many times, both Physical & Financial help by a lot of us fan's here, yet he declines our sincere help, he'd rather sell Furniture & to peddle T-Shirt's in a way to keep his image alive and to naturally keep us on the hook....he will continue to pop his head up periodically like "Punxsutawney Phil" only to see his shadow and to burrow back down into his hole once again....So don't hold your breath here, the days of Vinnie are over !
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Secret fb
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Good points Ed!
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

doublev2 wrote:Secret fb
?
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

You guys think he'll turn up here at any point in time?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

No, sadly. :(
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I think he is here but not saying anything. Very sad indeed since i dont think thats a good way to go careerwise. He could have done lots better. Only he knows the full truth about everything that has happened to him but the complete silence leads to wild speculations. And sitting there silent is equal to just let things happen, allowing all mean stuff about him be true. Yes i think some of it is true but also believe that some is also mean bullshit as well. Being open could or would have saved his fanbase, reputation and interest in what he would do in the future.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Vinnie's proving that it's possible today, except for the mugshot incident, to stay away from media and everything, which is a good thing to consider. He's free in a certain way!
Anybody knows about the mugshot US tradition, why let those pictures publish on the internet and everywhere?
say two sky two say fare
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Slayer wrote:More likely he doesn't wish to be seen the current way that he looks in 2016. No one here cares how he looks but Vinnie prefers to be remembered the way that he looked in 1996,
THINK: Porter Wagoner
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

This one's not bad too! Image
say two sky two say fare
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Porter looks GREAT.
Vinnie is human, of course he will be older, same as Gene, Paul, Peter and Ace, but he will deny that , even in 1996
when he stated that his Euphoria picture cover was a recent stage shot but ...back then it was an 8 year old picture !!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Streetbeat wrote:Porter looks GREAT.
Apart from those hideous clothes though!!!!!!

But yes, everyone has gotten older...such is life! Vinnie's worn a wig, Gene's worn a wig, Ace wears a hairpiece/hair transplant....and who the fuck cares?

The other KISS guys are still out there making music (not great music but still doing it) but Vinnie doesn't? Think most of us would be happy if Vin released stuff recorded on Garage Band! C'mon man! Before is is too late!
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

There is so much unknown, just him checking in and saying hello I'm doing good would be nice.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

he was seperated from his wife for a while. he was advertising the shirt everyday for a couple of weeks after she was found dead and he didn't go to funeral so i don't think his ex wife was an issue in releasing stuff. obviously its hard to say but 100% certain they fell out big time way before and never were friends again. thats confirmed. he is yes Virginia Lynne.
Bye Bye
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

how did that info come about?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

dont know what your asking but its all true.
Bye Bye
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

everything about him and his wife splitting up.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Didn't you remember what happened in 2011?
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

Yes, but I thought that had been worked out.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

They divorced and then she sadly died
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

oh ok, I wasn't aware they had divorced, but yes very sad.
roustabout23

Post by roustabout23 »

hey vinnie, inbox me and tell me all these people are full of shit. I won't say a word.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

roustabout23 wrote:hey vinnie, inbox me and tell me all these people are full of shit. I won't say a word.
oh yeah he will say this place is full of shit. thats for sure. no need to ask him that. haha. as most people who joined his forum they got the boot for asking any kind of question one after another on a daily basis.
Bye Bye
roustabout23

Post by roustabout23 »

just trying anything to get a word out of the guy. I don't have so many questions about the KISS days... as such. But yeah... cmon vin... let us hear from ya!
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

He just does not want anything, sadly
Unless you have 100K, no joke !