Question about publishing/royalties

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
aeroflott

Question about publishing/royalties

Post by aeroflott »

Apologies if this is going over old ground, but does Vinnie to this day in theory receive some sort of publishing/royalties for his work on Lick It Up?

And if so, is it possible to estimate what that might mean in terms of an income today?

If there is some sort of payment made, however small, it does mean that someone looking after Kiss' business interests, must be making a payment to someone somewhere...
Streetbeat

Re: Question about publishing/royalties

Post by Streetbeat »

From what i understand....since he sued KISS 15 times in a row and lost on all of them ....all those royalties goes straight to pay lawyers
and bad lawsuits, in other words, they go to KISS, Vinnie shoot himself in the foot once again.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Since we don't know his deal or what a standard deal is, I believe all of us are unsure of what he still owes Kiss or the lawyers. They might already be paid in full.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Memory is telling me that the royalties for his time in Kiss went to pay $81k in losing fees he owed to Gene and Paul. They petitioned to have his royalties signed over to them as payment for this, which happened.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

Man, how does the guy make any income? I know he's doing the tshirt thing but how does he even make enough to live?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

During last months he sold some of his guitars he got around $ 35.000
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

Still, on a day to day month to month basis what's he doing for money? I've heard on podcasts maybe he was writing country songs but I don't know if I totally buy that? I wish he would just come out and do something. When Rolling Stone is looking for you that should let you know you're wanted. Anything he could put out new would draw some money if nothing else because he's been a recluse for so long, it would for sure get some coverage. If he could stay honest doing it.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

There has been discussion (Not Confirmed) that he also has an import furniture business

Quantity buys for resale

He has repeatedly had memorabilia up for sale over the last few years so the $35,000 figure that Sammy mentioned might be on the low side
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Yes, that's at least confirmed
evh5150

Post by evh5150 »

Did the guitar sell on the auction site.... if so which one was it?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

evh5150 wrote:Did the guitar sell on the auction site.... if so which one was it?
First auction was here. Scroll through the pictures at the bottom to see some of the other items that sold.

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... TAR-bull-o
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Looking at the auction from May 2015 his gross sales were 47,915 minus the Julian Auction House Fees

Items 341-354

He possibly sold the Ibanez, Washburn and Jackson Double V's on his own before this in late 2014 and early 2015 which probably got him another 50+ grand or so. Vinnie may have made over $100,000 in 2015?

I don't recall seeing the Carvin or the ESP sold..................

What do you guys remember?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

The Carvin was never up for sale as I remember? Don't recall the silver/purple (formerly pink) VVV up for sale either? Come to think of it, was the Washburn ever up for sale?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

So how many guitars has he left?
say two sky two say fare
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I just heard kiss had to take 50% cut in their contract once ace as record label re negotiated. This is most likely why vv took a pay cut too. The re negotiations were after creatures tour
Bye Bye