What you think? Not a single day without thinking in KISS

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Streetbeat

What you think? Not a single day without thinking in KISS

Post by Streetbeat »

What you think?
I really think that Vinnie does not have any single day without thinking in KISS and the old live shows.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: What you think? Not a single day without thinking in KISS

Post by Genebaby »

From his actions, nothing but old pictures, KISS lawsuits, etc, it's probably for sure that he is obsessed with the 80's and probably does wish, in hindsight, that he'd stuck it out with KISS.

If he'd signed his contract, like Eric and Bruce did, and played nice, they could have ruled.

Considering what he did with LIU, was he easier to work with, and of course had signed up, the follow up with KISS would have been as good, or better, and as time went on, his status as a trusted member and friend could have reaped all kinds of musical rewards.

Oh well.....
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Amen
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Considering how much we think about it, imagine how much for Vinnie? LOTS and LOTS!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i thought the same thing!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote:From his actions, nothing but old pictures, KISS lawsuits, etc, it's probably for sure that he is obsessed with the 80's and probably does wish, in hindsight, that he'd stuck it out with KISS.

If he'd signed his contract, like Eric and Bruce did, and played nice, they could have ruled.

Considering what he did with LIU, was he easier to work with, and of course had signed up, the follow up with KISS would have been as good, or better, and as time went on, his status as a trusted member and friend could have reaped all kinds of musical rewards.

Oh well.....
I'm sure that at some point he could have done solo albums too
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes to everything said here.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

I'm not sure you know. Vinnie clearly wasn't happy being the hired hand. I don't think it was a simple case of "VV was a dick, wouldn't sign his contract, and so was booted out of Kiss".

I do think VV struggled with playing second fiddle, playing those old songs and not being a genuine 20% participant in the band. He asked (maybe fought) for more, but that wasn't forthcoming.

If you are an artist and care about your craft, you must want to dance to your own tune and perhaps want to be in control of your own destiny.

I give Vin a break here - I think he genuinely wanted to carve his own path. There may be questions about the way he conducted himself, which ultimately contributed to his exit, but I think he realised the reality of being a part of Kiss wasn't going to get him the rewards he felt he deserved or wanted.

History is littered with musicians who left what we the public perceive to be "perfect" situations - Robbie Williams leaving Take That, Vince Neal leaving Crue, the guy who left One Direction recently. This might be inconceivable to us, but it happens all the time.

I don't think he messed up an opportunity. Sure he could be more financially secure now, more famous, whatever. But people are individuals, and artists have a scratch they need to itch. If the situation isn't right, you have to be true to yourself and follow your dream, and I think Vin was that person. I respect him for that.

Of course, if the stories are to be believed, his behaviour did him no favours, but I do think his primary motivator while he was in Kiss was to have the spotlight as a solo artist of sorts, not being a cog in Gene and Paul's machine. I suspect he felt like a big cat in a small cage, and had to get out. He must have been very torn - to walk away as the lead guitarist of Kiss to jump off a cliff into a black hole must have taken some balls.

Let's not forget, had things worked out differently, we'd be talking about VV in the same terms as a Paul Gilbert or a Steve Vai. I think the main regret he may have, is that for whatever reason, more of his music isn't out there for the world to listen to.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

We have shared basically the same opinion here for many years. We have offered many suggestions on how to get back on track. He doesn't care. As for Kiss, I am sure he holds pride in being a huge part of two quintessential Kiss records but will always have well deserved nastiness to spew any time he here's the name Paul Stanley. An unfortunate WELL KNOWN FACT that Paul Stanley is mostly responsible for the suckage from that band since the mid-80s. Kiss' last solid album being Asylum.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Not enough coffee this morning - I meant 25% in my post above, Kiss being a four piece obviously.

It's not like Vin did an Ozzy and locked himself away after exiting Kiss and drowned himself in a sea of booze, drugs and self-loathing. he got straight back on the train, got a record deal and started the VVI thing almost straight away. Those aren't the actions of a man with regrets.
poserboy71 wrote:Kiss' last solid album being Asylum.
We're getting off topic, but I totally agree with this. Crazy Nights and Hot in The Shade had very little edge, if any at all. I thought Animalize was superb - a really well executed album with solid tracks. St John's solos harked back to some of the crazy melodies that VV did on LIU, but with an added panache that Vinnie lacked I thought.

Steve Vai did it right. Got a name for himself with Alcatraz, DLR and Whitesnake, left on good terms, built a following, then went solo to huge critical acclaim. The rest is history.

Way out on a tangent now, but I often wonder if Vinnie had stuck it out, and if Carr was still with us and with Kiss until the reunion, if they'd now be back in the makeup version of Kiss, ankh and all. That would be something to see.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Im sure Vinnie has Flashback's of his time in Kiss and making it out of the "Hellhole" known as Bridgeport to the Big Stage ! He clearly added some much needed "Ball's" back to Kiss and gave us Kiss Fan's something to look forward to, He found his Freedom in the Invasion and wrote and played some unbelievable songs, it's Sad to see someone who had so much talent, just let it be un-used or slip away....Meanwhile, we've patiently sat & waited for year's to hear something new or for him to release something unheard, "Some" of Us fan's have offered money or assistance to get him back on track and make it a reality....yet he choose's to live a life away from the music he loved, the World will never know, just what he could have accomplished or could of been, may he find his happiness, knowing he once had made it to the Top !
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

St.John adding a panache that Vinnie lacked ? :shock:
[youtube][/youtube]
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS