Tales Of VV, Wigs and Crazy Nights w/Alexx Michael

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
ozone73

Tales Of VV, Wigs and Crazy Nights w/Alexx Michael

Post by ozone73 »

I'm in the process of listening to this. Some of this I've heard before but some of this is new to me and rather funny. The stuff about Vinnie starts at 26:48.

"I need to sound check my cd." lmfao! :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
Settle the f*ck down, monkey tits!
shramiac

Re: Tales Of VV, Wigs and Crazy Nights w/Alexx Michael

Post by shramiac »

Ugh! Can't stand those guys! Tried to watch but their smarminess is overwhelming.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Exactly, Shrammy. Very difficult to watch them attack. Alexx may have his reasons but needs to let it go. Tommy and Michael are just plain hateful. Pet peeve with that show: rattling ice cubes ,chewing ice cubes.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Talking like that about Vinnie make them very happy...

Alexx's got a really nice wig!
say two sky two say fare
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think those guys should talk about there own faults as well as the experiences with vv. Bring in there ex wives of partners then on a more equal footing.
It's all part of rock n roll. I actually thought the mark st John thing was cruel seen as he's dead and obviously had hard time and wasn't as far as I keen see ripping people off like vv was.
Also I think vv drove to expos because he hates to fly not to make money out of it but just a guess.

Before I had experience directly with vinnie I used to side with him a bit about these euro expos. They were pretty cheap as far as I could see, vv was going by public bus with them and car ferries etc instead of flying. I will say he didn't show up in the UK at all and that guy lost lots of money. The thing with vv I think he trusts you very early on but if one little thing bugs him it's over. That's the way I see it but everyone has faults in different ways and we know some of them and some we choose to ignore or maybe they are only faults to other people.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I will agree vv dud not make kiss heavy. Killers was heavier and before vv. Lots of creatures tunes without vv and heavy including the title track. Plus vv was not really ever in heavy bands before kiss. Ok warrior but I don't class that as heavy as creatures but before that he was playing with pop and disco acts. Kiss had written way heavier tunes including paul in the 70s than vv had in the 70s or before kiss. The producer and engineer plus the direction plan was what made it heavy. Vv obviously had huge influence on both records no question but making kiss 'heavy'.. No way. Vv really for a talented guy didn't really get his song writing together in the 80s when he was in his thirties. I kind of wonder why he didn't write better tunes in the 70s and so few. I guess he was classed more as a session guitar player back then.
Bye Bye
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

doublev2 wrote:I think those guys should talk about their own faults
Good luck with that.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

I disagree. I think VV is fair game (as are the other members and ex members of Kiss), and his behaviour on these Euro expos gives an interesting insight into what his modus operandi must have been like, and what it was like to actually work with him. Whatever "industry" you are in, when you arrive at a situation that you don't like, you have to knuckle down and make the best of it - especially so in this case, as you have expectant fans thrown into the mix.

Paranoia aside, to use someone else's credit card is criminal - in every sense of the word.

Did VV save Kiss? Maybe not musically, but I think he added a new edge to their live shows.

I enjoy the Three sides stuff for it's content - the hosts are largely a sideshow to the stories that are told.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

aeroflott wrote:I disagree. I think VV is fair game (as are the other members and ex members of Kiss), and his behaviour on these Euro expos gives an interesting insight into what his modus operandi must have been like, and what it was like to actually work with him. Whatever "industry" you are in, when you arrive at a situation that you don't like, you have to knuckle down and make the best of it - especially so in this case, as you have expectant fans thrown into the mix.

Paranoia aside, to use someone else's credit card is criminal - in every sense of the word.

Did VV save Kiss? Maybe not musically, but I think he added a new edge to their live shows.

I enjoy the Three sides stuff for it's content - the hosts are largely a sideshow to the stories that are told.

I think that this is a great post and agree with almost everything except that I do believe that Vinnie saved Kiss at this juncture. Censorship sucks on most levels and if someone doesn't agree respectfully debate it or move on recognizing others right to feel and believe differently
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I agree as well although those TSOTC guys come off as assholes. Report the story ,include your opinion, but do so with some sort of respect (if not for the subject, do so for yourself)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Listen to Decibel Geek :-)
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Decibel Geek is great without a doubt!