Eight record deal?

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Arjen

Eight record deal?

Post by Arjen »

I just came across this interview where its mentioned the VVI had a eight record deal under their belt. It seems a bit exaggarted, i mean is this correct? I dont remember hearing this before.

... I could only wish for eight VVI albums. Maybe in a next life
Attachments
image.jpg
Slayer

Re: Eight record deal?

Post by Slayer »

He did and he blew it
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He blew it big time!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Wow! No mention of Robert! For shame!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

the girlfriend of mark at the time died and he wrote 'fly to the angels' about her. we all know b.s. story. really shame as it really is a kick in teeth to robert (not that he cared). they didn't need to make up a story they could have just had no story other than mark replaced robert. i as a kid was reading that vv didn't like robert's voice and always wanted mark and i believed it. Remember VV was very mad at Robert so he wasnt going to be nice.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i can not understand how vv would be sued by kiss for saying he was once in the band. i think its paranoia. vv is on the album cover of lick it up and on the mtv unveiling of the faces under the make up. even if he didn't have a contract he was for sure a member of kiss or he wouldnt have been on the album cover. it makes no sense to me.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Lots with Vinnie doesn't make much sense! It's part of the fun.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:i can not understand how vv would be sued by kiss for saying he was once in the band. i think its paranoia. vv is on the album cover of lick it up and on the mtv unveiling of the faces under the make up. even if he didn't have a contract he was for sure a member of kiss or he wouldnt have been on the album cover. it makes no sense to me.
Legally and on paper , Vinnie wasn't a member or an employee of Kiss Co.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yes legally i guess but he was certainly introduced as a member of the band. i can not see how they could sue him for saying he was in the band when he clearly is photogrpaphed with them touring, in videos and on the lick it up cover and kiss themselves refered to him as a member and ex member many times.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The key word is "LEGALLY".

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah. Legally
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Remember KISS does a lot of things for show, like pretending Ace was in the band when he wasn't, covering up accidents etc.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Legally ace was in band until 1984. I think vv would have been fine in court it's clear he was in the band legally or not. He was being paid. Credited photographed and playing live. I guess it's about the wording. He could have said I used to' play, write and tour' with kiss rather than I was a 'member 'of kiss. They can not stop him saying that
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The way I see it, Vinnie rightfully shoved it up Paul's ass by using "Member of Kiss Army goes AWOL" in print. I am sure it rubbed Paul wrong. Gene probably didn't care because he went AWOL too !

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Haha. Yeah vv and Simmons both left after lick it up. Animalize has moments but was a bit of a mess in my opinion. Hard to see how it was kiss's largest seller of the 80s
Bye Bye
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

doublev2 wrote:Haha. Yeah vv and Simmons both left after lick it up. Animalize has moments but was a bit of a mess in my opinion. Hard to see how it was kiss's largest seller of the 80s
Maybe it's because of MTV, and heavy metal bands were at the top in 1984-1985?
say two sky two say fare
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I am one of the few that love 'Burn Bitch Burn'. Great rudeness in riffage and lyrics. :twisted:

I remember doing a double take at the record player when Paul hit those high angelic notes in 'I've Had Enough (Into The Fire)'. :shock:

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:I am one of the few that love 'Burn Bitch Burn'. Great rudeness in riffage and lyrics. :twisted:

I remember doing a double take at the record player when Paul hit those high angelic notes in 'I've Had Enough (Into The Fire)'. :shock:
Same for me to be honest.

What shits me about the album is that Vinnie was held back to the point of having Rick Derringer do the solo on Exciter, yet Mark was allowed to shred the house down on Animalize! And when Mark's playing wasn't liked, they got Bruce to shred the house down..... though Thrills in the Night is one of Bruce's best lead work.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
PelagicJoe

Post by PelagicJoe »

shramiac wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:I am one of the few that love 'Burn Bitch Burn'. Great rudeness in riffage and lyrics. :twisted:

Same for me to be honest.

What shits me about the album is that Vinnie was held back to the point of having Rick Derringer do the solo on Exciter, yet Mark was allowed to shred the house down on Animalize! And when Mark's playing wasn't liked, they got Bruce to shred the house down..... though Thrills in the Night is one of Bruce's best lead work.
Bruce only played on Murder in High Heels and Lonely is the Hunter. Thrills was Mark.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yes! Don't know what I was thinking? Should wake up before posting! :P
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:Yes! Don't know what I was thinking? Should wake up before posting! :P

I kept my mouth shut because I thought you might be referring to a later live performance :mrgreen:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Thanks, Horny Kev! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: