Doug Cataldo,the original VinnieVincent.com webmaster (1996)

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Streetbeat

Doug Cataldo,the original VinnieVincent.com webmaster (1996)

Post by Streetbeat »

Any of you know the guy ?

The link is still under his portfolio :
http://www.magnetic-media.com/sites/95-vv.html

Project: Website for Vinnie Vincent, musician
Commissioned for: Vinnie Vincent
Developer: Doug Cataldo
Year: 1995
Details: Site features merchandise, audio, and photo gallery.

Design status: offline
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That brings back some memories!!

No info on Doug though.

Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Very nice! That is how it initially looked but over some time it was updated and had more offerings. It actually had a sound bite repeating in the background once the page loaded that had to be manually turned off if you didn't want to listen to something like the beginning of the ep version of Euphoria continuously. LOL! Great find guys!
doublev

Post by doublev »

That still males me laugh that a credit card was on offer. Pyro was in contact with Doug. No idea where he is now.
Batman

Post by Batman »

doublev wrote:That still males me laugh that a credit card was on offer. Pyro was in contact with Doug. No idea where he is now.
If you'd ever buy one...he'd probably know your code or something...some funny business :lol:
no, just kidding hahah
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I believe it clearly states that if someone used a credit card (instead of PayPal or check,or etc) then you would get a free gift. I don't believe there was an offer of a Vinnie Vincent credit card. Was there? That left column is confusing.

Respect, PB71
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Dcat

Re: Doug Cataldo,the original VinnieVincent.com webmaster (1

Post by Dcat »

Wow. Do a google search once and awhile and this came up. Thought I would say hello. It seems like an eternity ago that I did this. I was shocked reading some of the things on your board. It makes me really sad that we haven't heard or seen anything from Vinnie Vincent in such a long time. I'd love to hear new music from Vinnie. Anyhow, that was an interesting time. That Box Set was a fiasco, shame that never came out either and what's with the Cd of a 70 minute guitar solo???
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Dcat wrote:Wow. Do a google search once and awhile and this came up. Thought I would say hello. It seems like an eternity ago that I did this. I was shocked reading some of the things on your board. It makes me really sad that we haven't heard or seen anything from Vinnie Vincent in such a long time. I'd love to hear new music from Vinnie. Anyhow, that was an interesting time. That Box Set was a fiasco, shame that never came out either and what's with the Cd of a 70 minute guitar solo???
Welcome here Doug! I bet that you have some real tales that you could share? We would all be very interested in anything that you care to contribute from what you remember.

Respectfully

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hi Doug, thanks for visiting, it's an honour. It would be great if you could tell us about your time as webmaster.

Thanks

Vic
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Welcome to our VV Forum Doug! It would definitely be great if you could share some memories from the website days :D
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Welcome sir! What GB said!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev

Post by doublev »

Hi Doug. A great unexpected visit. Did you leave v on good terms?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Welcome Doug !!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Doug, Let your honey drip down on us !!! Splash us with some info !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Dcat

Post by Dcat »

Hi, and thanks.

I wish I had some juicy tidbits for you all. But truthfully, there really isn't much to say. In 1995 Vinnie didn't have a website. I really was just learning how to do them well myself and was a huge fanof Vinnie ( I still think the Invasion CD is one of the best metal CDs of all-time). I built it the best I could and kept it very up to date for the time. When it was done I sent him info about it via regular mail because he didn't have an email at that point and then we spoke a few times. He eventually adopted it as his official site. He is very private. At first there was some good communication from his camp but it seemed to get a little odd. I was a kid then and was taking some awful flak from KISS fans about the site. I paid for it out of my pocket and eventually with all the content and time I was putting in, I needed some help paying for it and Metaluna basically took it over kind of forcefully. At that point we had just begun taking orders for the box set. That was the strangest thing I've ever seen. I know at first it was supposed to be on cassette tapes, then DAT tapes. I thought he was crazy considering the fact that duplicating a mastered CD costs pennies and so does the art for a CD. On top of it, who had DAT players except for musicians? So I just got a little hurt and angry and distanced myself from it. I also did some basic layouts for it, but never saw a finished product. When he started taking preorders I was very uncomfortable because there was no product. So that was it for me. I was out.

Over the years I hear and see people at KISS shows or conventions that know me from those days and they always say the same thing I feel. Love Vinnie's music, he just doesn't seem like a guy that has it all together. I wish him nothing but the best and am eager for some new music. The unfinished tracks from Guitars From Hell and Guitarmaggeddon are excellent and I wish they'd see the light of day.

Since that time I've done a couple of KISS related projects that were fun. I created a card set for a company called Tracercode for an autograph appearance the band did in Atlantic City a few years back. I also did some art for the Kiss Coffeehouse Anniversary when Eric was the guest and I had a small hand in the KISS photo picks that have recently come out (I did the Euro tour designs).
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Hello Doug!
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the info. It is the same sad story for this musical genius.

Had you heard any of the "finished for release" versions of the still unreleased songs?

I remember web sites were not cheap back thens so you were really doing Vinnie a solid with what you had done.

Funny how back then he did not have a email account but he has plenty now with all the domains he owns.
birnie

Post by birnie »

THat was a great read, thanks so much for that !
Seems things really haven't changed much since then hey?
doublev

Post by doublev »

thanks Doug
pretty much i believe history is repeating itself again.
birnie

Post by birnie »

1) Fan start web site
2) Vinnie takes web site.
3) Vinnie promises 'stuff', takes cash and delivers zip

Here we go again hey?
Vinnie's fav song?
Meatloaf - 2outta 3 aint bad ;)
doublev

Post by doublev »

vinnie has no regard for what happens to his reputation. I think he thinks he can screw with people and just get away with it. This stuff never goes away how ever much he tries. He really needs to judge the situation with far more common sense.
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

i just dont think he gives a crap what anyone thinks and what that leads to - which is a shame really - there are far more talented and approachable people out there willing to do what it takes.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
doublev

Post by doublev »

i personally don't think he thinks it through properly. If he did he would not pick fights with his biggest and only fans.
doublev

Post by doublev »

he thinks there are some sort of mysterious 'good' fans out there.. but he has to deal with the facts, its only us!
doublev

Post by doublev »

any website, any forum, any orders for music he does.. the only people who are interested are us and we have all been made into his ememies.
Fullshed

Post by Fullshed »

Dcat wrote:Hi, and thanks.

I wish I had some juicy tidbits for you all. But truthfully, there really isn't much to say. In 1995 Vinnie didn't have a website. I really was just learning how to do them well myself and was a huge fanof Vinnie ( I still think the Invasion CD is one of the best metal CDs of all-time). I built it the best I could and kept it very up to date for the time. When it was done I sent him info about it via regular mail because he didn't have an email at that point and then we spoke a few times. He eventually adopted it as his official site. He is very private. At first there was some good communication from his camp but it seemed to get a little odd. I was a kid then and was taking some awful flak from KISS fans about the site. I paid for it out of my pocket and eventually with all the content and time I was putting in, I needed some help paying for it and Metaluna basically took it over kind of forcefully. At that point we had just begun taking orders for the box set. That was the strangest thing I've ever seen. I know at first it was supposed to be on cassette tapes, then DAT tapes. I thought he was crazy considering the fact that duplicating a mastered CD costs pennies and so does the art for a CD. On top of it, who had DAT players except for musicians? So I just got a little hurt and angry and distanced myself from it. I also did some basic layouts for it, but never saw a finished product. When he started taking preorders I was very uncomfortable because there was no product. So that was it for me. I was out.

Over the years I hear and see people at KISS shows or conventions that know me from those days and they always say the same thing I feel. Love Vinnie's music, he just doesn't seem like a guy that has it all together. I wish him nothing but the best and am eager for some new music. The unfinished tracks from Guitars From Hell and Guitarmaggeddon are excellent and I wish they'd see the light of day.

Since that time I've done a couple of KISS related projects that were fun. I created a card set for a company called Tracercode for an autograph appearance the band did in Atlantic City a few years back. I also did some art for the Kiss Coffeehouse Anniversary when Eric was the guest and I had a small hand in the KISS photo picks that have recently come out (I did the Euro tour designs).
Hey Doug-
thanks for letting that stuff out for us loyal fans. Was it your site the one that had the cool picture of Vinnie in the back of a big moving van that was full as hell of tour equipment etc? I loved that pic!! Anyone else remember what I'm referring to?

'Respect and regards to all here~~~~
Into the Spyder's Web I fall!!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

WOW, I remember that picture !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Dcat

Post by Dcat »

Honestly I can't remember that picture, but saying something about all that equipment jogged something he once told me. It was a story about Dana swiping stuff from studios and loading it into a truck or car. He also referred to Gene and Paul as the Jews. And in our early conversations, he liked my name because it was Italian, but my mom was Jewish... pretty corny and funny stuff.

Just about the only things I have left from those days are some folders he signed and some photos and letters on Metaluna letterhead. I do still have the EP CDs and somewhere I know I kept an order form from him because there was another demos and outtakes CD on it that never saw the light of day.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Referencing Gene and Paul as "The Jews" is a favoured past time. It was a big give away for his persona as SuzieQ on DoubleV. So classy.

I would be cool to have a scan of some of the stuff you have left. I don't remember a form for a demo/outtakes CD.
Dcat

Post by Dcat »

This is too funny. Seriously. I haven't thought about this stuff in years and I am just cleaning out my office. So as this is happening, I find that folder of stuff. Here are three things from it. I hope you enjoy them.

One is the original VVIFC Merch flyer. You can see the Demos CD I was talking about...

The second is a fax from Metaluna about the ridiculous hatred fans had towards Vinnie and me! It also details a CD from the box set that was going to be dubbed the Ballads Collection.

The last one I don't think has ever seen the light of day. It is the rough mock up of the Ballads Collection that they loved and approved. Shame it never came out. Sorry it is b&w, I can't find the original color art, it is somewhere though...

Enjoy, it's nice revisiting some of this. Take care!
vv_0001.jpg
vv_0002.jpg
vv_0003.jpg
Euphoria

Post by Euphoria »

Hey Doug,

Thanks for sharing! It's all such an interesting insight into the workings of what really went on.
Makes you wonder where it all went wrong. I still think VV wants to get his music out. Just that the conditions need to be right for him... unfortunately I don't think those conditions exist, or will ever exist now. Unfortunately the 'vehicle' to showcase his undoubted talent seems to have lost it's wheels.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, that's some Vinnie Vincent treasure right there Doug, thank you!!!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Dcat wrote:This is too funny. Seriously. I haven't thought about this stuff in years and I am just cleaning out my office. So as this is happening, I find that folder of stuff. Here are three things from it. I hope you enjoy them.

One is the original VVIFC Merch flyer. You can see the Demos CD I was talking about...

The second is a fax from Metaluna about the ridiculous hatred fans had towards Vinnie and me! It also details a CD from the box set that was going to be dubbed the Ballads Collection.

The last one I don't think has ever seen the light of day. It is the rough mock up of the Ballads Collection that they loved and approved. Shame it never came out. Sorry it is b&w, I can't find the original color art, it is somewhere though...

Enjoy, it's nice revisiting some of this. Take care!
Great job Doug! We all appreciate this and anything else that you happen to find and / or remember!

Thank you very much for sharing!
[
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

I get a laugh every now and then at the comments that VV wants to release music in his 'own' time, when the 'conditions' are right. Let me tell you, the BEST time for him to release music is after he's dead....it's the only way he's sure to move quite a few units of what-ever they put out. Everyone knows recording artists improve their revenue by dying.
Euphoria

Post by Euphoria »

Absolutely. I agree. But we're on a different planet to VV, hey :)
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Thanks Doug !
What's really funny is that Denise Johnson might be working for them again..since they write with the same style that Vinnie does ! The PDF is crooked to the right, same thing is happening with the 2011 price sheet !
Lol ..i think they still use the same computer ! im impressed, this was written by Vinnie himself in 1996
and the scan is as crooked as 2011 !!!
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i superposed the 2011 price sheet to the 1996 file Doug just posted ...Lol..they still use the same machine !!!
same angle !
Attachments
1996-2011.jpg
1996-2011.jpg (82.17 KiB) Viewed 9271 times
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That is crazy. The letter did seem like Vinnie's writing to me as well. Only he gives that much of a shit about the stuff contained inside it. He ran DoubleV into the ground under the same principals.

He may never understand he needs to get out there in the public domain without the constraints he usually wants to put on things if he's ever going to get past it.

Sure it will be ugly at first, but that will pass and then things can move forward.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Where is the planned he's living??? Nobody is working for him only himself - that's the truth!
doublev

Post by doublev »

Thanks so much Doug.
Two things. That letter from denise is vinnie for sure.
And he also asked me if i was a Jew. I also have Italian heritage which he liked.
But for sure that letter from denise Johnson is vv, and most likely another fake name like the two spyders , suzie etc.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Doug
V has no one other than his wife and tom palecki working for him. His wifes father is bring used as the owner because vv can not do business with his own name.
But it is funny he is still using the same machine he used back in 96.
doublev

Post by doublev »

On the old board one of his stupid aliases suzieq also referred to gene and Paul as Jews.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Woah! Amazing stuff! Thanks Doug ! And Streetbeat, you might be onto something there!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Thanks Doug.
Loving the new stuff ;)
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

This is just classic stuff here!! Doug this is great!! Keep it coming mate!! Vinnie Vincent is multi talented and also has multiple personalities!! Denise Johnson?? Where does he come up with these names?? They must all come from the "Island of misfit toys"! That post from susie q rocks (Vinnie) last year was a laugh!!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Possio

Post by Possio »

Yeah, this is cool! This is probably what got the guy kicked out of the band....
-No, today you have to refer to me as Denise, or I won´t play...
- Yes, I will sign that contract for you, but as Suzie, nothing else....
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

very interesting stuff doug - thanks for posting this.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Looks like he is always trying to show that "vinnie is very happy" " vinnie says" "vinnie tells"
like he is sitting on a real high pedestal throne on a shrine and they have all this "organization"
working for him , its a very childish game
doublev

Post by doublev »

the thing is Vinnie thinks he is smart and everyone else is stupid. Thats the sign of a stupid person in my opinion. He thinks he can fool people and thats a big mistake. Especially when you are trying to get people to hand over money.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Well , its ironic that everytime i see Vinnie's trailer ...at the right hand and after the trailer ends
it appears with Big letters " Allen D. Tate asks KISS why they fired Vinnie Vincent "
And in that video Paul and Gene tells how Vinnie sold a guitar to a fan and that guitar was never used by Vinnie