Heart Of Chrome

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
ITTOY

Heart Of Chrome

Post by ITTOY »

Has Vinnie ever commented on what he didnt like about the final version ? Also , did Vinnie leave the Revenge sessions due to the contract or because he had prior commitments ? Seems like KISS would of paid exspenses to have him help write the whole album.
shramiac

Re: Heart Of Chrome

Post by shramiac »

Can't blame him, I don't really like the song either.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie was booted from the sessions due to behaving like his old self, after starting things well it went down hill from there.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Down the drain
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vv says kiss faked his signature on contracts but he couldn't prove it in court and vv failed to submit handwriting examples as requested by the judge.
It appears also he was saying stuff that upset Bruce kulick . Some rumours but may not be true that he was saying he expected to re join the band
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

And Bruce Kulick is a kind soul that doesn't talk shit about anyone. I've never ever seen him fired up like he was regarding the Revenge Sessions and the Unholy Solo
ITTOY

Post by ITTOY »

Thanks for the info . I like the song , but wonderded which parts Vinnie wrote and what he would of changed ? Is there info on whay he was compensated for the sessions ? So , he was going to help write the entire album ?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm not sure what you mean by him being compensated for the sessions?

If he got paid then I"m guessing he did some work that was worth paying for, but it didn't end well so I'm not sure what went down payment wise other than he had publishing credits for the songs he wrote.
ITTOY

Post by ITTOY »

Yes , Genebaby . i meant publishing . Did Kiss pay him an upfront fee for his songs on Revenge ? Or did they offer a publishing rate ? Just curious . It seems that there is Vinnie's side and Gene and Paul's side to the story . Im a huge Kiss fan and never heard much on the Revenge ordeal until I recently joined this forum . No matter what peoples issues with Vinnie is . It seems that The KISS company does screw the man with his compensation. I may be wrong , but it appears that way .
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I would opt to believe that most corporations,INCLUDING Kiss Co., fuck over most everyone in their employ. They wanted to own Vinnie's work without proper compensation, royalty rate ,and credit. Do you really believe that Gene and Paul earned their co-writing credit with Vinnie or just changed a few words and melodic fragments to help themselves believe they deserved a co-writing credit ? I believe Vinnie was the workhorse and they beat him as much as Vinnie allowed until he told them "Goodbye". As for the possibility of Vinnie think g he might rejoin the band, if rumors were true, Gene may have expressed some disappointment with Bruce and may have said something to Vinnie. Paul, being the asshole that I am learning he is and has been, most likely shot down the thought IMMEDIATELY.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
ITTOY

Post by ITTOY »

Poserboy71 , I agree . I would tend to believe that Vinnie brought in completed songs or worked around a riff or two from them . Maybe sections from Paul . Then Gene and Paul most likely added a few ideas. Thats why I believe that Mr. Vincent has every right to sue them as many times as it takes . Its just not right . Like with Psycho Circus . I feel ripped off as a fan that Ace and Peter were barely involved . Vinnie , if youre reading this. I truly support your efforts to be fairly compensated for your art . Hopefully it will lead to other artist getting a fair shake .
Shaft

Post by Shaft »

ITTOY wrote:Has Vinnie ever commented on what he didn't like about the final version ? Also , did Vinnie leave the Revenge sessions due to the contract or because he had prior commitments ? Seems like KISS would of paid expenses to have him help write the whole album.
From what I remember of the time I was with Vinnie at the Orlando Kiss Expo all those years ago (twenty, to be exact - wow, feels like a lifetime ago) we talked about the Revenge sessions over lunch at Kenny Roger's Chicken (how awesome is that?). The reason why Vinnie wasn't too thrilled about "Heart of Chrome" was because of the lyrics. Apparently, Paul didn't really care for the original lyrics Vinnie had for the song (Paul felt they were too "out there") and re-wrote them (the lyrics Paul wrote were supposedly about his fling with Samantha Fox).
Who's the black private dick that's a sex machine to all the chicks?
Who's the cat who won't cop out when there's danger all about?
Who is the man who would risk his neck for his brother man?
John Shaft, damn right!
ITTOY

Post by ITTOY »

Thanks , Shaft ! Thats the info that I was looking for . Thats why I joined this site . Cool inside stuff like that .
ankh

Post by ankh »

if i remember correctly, Vinnie stated in his newsletter that things were more or less fine until g&P were back to their old tricks, so he chose to leave.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Thanks shaft. Would be great if vv wrote a book about this stuff.
Bye Bye
dega

Post by dega »

Shaft wrote:
ITTOY wrote:Has Vinnie ever commented on what he didn't like about the final version ? Also , did Vinnie leave the Revenge sessions due to the contract or because he had prior commitments ? Seems like KISS would of paid expenses to have him help write the whole album.
From what I remember of the time I was with Vinnie at the Orlando Kiss Expo all those years ago (twenty, to be exact - wow, feels like a lifetime ago) we talked about the Revenge sessions over lunch at Kenny Roger's Chicken (how awesome is that?). The reason why Vinnie wasn't too thrilled about "Heart of Chrome" was because of the lyrics. Apparently, Paul didn't really care for the original lyrics Vinnie had for the song (Paul felt they were too "out there") and re-wrote them (the lyrics Paul wrote were supposedly about his fling with Samantha Fox).
I can't believe it has been 20 years ago as well. You had some great stories to share about your experience with Vinnie. Time flies!
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

:D :D :D

And then she went lesbo for a few years!!! :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I'd still do her.... :P
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

BigEd wrote:I'd still do her.... :P

You would? :lol:

BigEd

Post by BigEd »

She's still Hot and Experienced !!!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

:P She is all yours my brother from Connecticut :P

No arm wrestling over this one

Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

She sadly seems to have gotten more butch over time.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That's not a very flattering picture of her!

She turned straight again later!

You're right Vic! Looks like she's been hitting the gym....and her chin's gotten pointier!?!?!?
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Kev....Ya gotta Lick It Up, it's only right now !
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

To Quote Chaim Witz I'm going to pass "Putting My Log in Her Fireplace"

Ed,
I'm not saying that she is "Road Kill" but it is stunning how soft she once looked and how hard she looks now

Enjoy Licking it up brother,

Kev
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

In my old age , I get harder when they look rougher. DAMAGED !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
VVWarrior82

Post by VVWarrior82 »

Slayer wrote:And Bruce Kulick is a kind soul that doesn't talk shit about anyone. I've never ever seen him fired up like he was regarding the Revenge Sessions and the Unholy Solo
You have links to any of this stuff dude? The only things I know about the Revenge sessions are just the basic bs released from the Kiss camp. Would love to read some behind the scenes stories
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Nice guy Bruce speaks at 2:44

[youtube][/youtube]