What if ...Gene and Paul wants VV Back in KISS

General Vinnie Vincent Discussion
Streetbeat

What if ...Gene and Paul wants VV Back in KISS

Post by Streetbeat »

What if ...Gene and Paul wants VV Back in KISS??
For some strange reason they want to work with him again, writing songs and recording in the studio.
What would Vinnie do?
aeroflott

Re: What if ...Gene and Paul wants VV Back in KISS

Post by aeroflott »

Can't see it happening after the Revenge debacle. Could he pull off the 'look' again at his age?

I've often thought it would have been cool for Vinnie to rejoin in the Ankh makeup after Ace left second time around.

Similarly, if Eric was still with us when when Peter left, would he have been back in the fox makeup?

But to answer your question, I'm not sure given what we know about Vin's modus operandi - he'd be happy. Kiss' output since the reunion in '96 has been minimal. I can't see VV being comfortable playing the old Kiss stuff over and over. He'd want to write new stuff surely?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

well I think it would be great but does vv still write and play music ?
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i don't think so, i think he gave up something like 20 years ago
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Someone with music in their heart doesn't give up . One cannot help the music inside. He still plays . He still writes. He does not feel like sharing his gift with us. I believe a big reason being that the people he chose to share his music with in the most personal way, his bandmates (especially in his last two bands), conspired behind his back. When the trust is gone, why bother ?
He felt screwed all the time yet he wasn't good at screwing people. People handling HIS business fucked him and mishandled him. Vinnie tries to handle the business by himself and cannot deliver.

The Bobby Rock interview paints Vinnie in a good light. Bobby is a good man and he is finally sharing some truth.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
FlyingVgirl1988

Post by FlyingVgirl1988 »

I think Vinnie has made it very clear he doesn't want anything to do with his fans anymore. No one knows how he is or what he is doing except him. He wants to be left alone. We can miss the Vinnie of yesterday but we need to stop speculating, guessing, gossiping and assuming. Let's just give the guy a break and leave him completely alone. I love Vinnie and wish him the best but it's none of our business.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

FlyingVgirl1988 wrote:I think Vinnie has made it very clear he doesn't want anything to do with his fans anymore. No one knows how he is or what he is doing except him. He wants to be left alone. We can miss the Vinnie of yesterday but we need to stop speculating, guessing, gossiping and assuming. Let's just give the guy a break and leave him completely alone. I love Vinnie and wish him the best but it's none of our business.
Beg to differ. He has far from made things clear. Vinnie is still trying to sell to his fan base through auctions and online t-shirt sales. He has signed his name as "VINNIE VINCENT " in 2015.
When he can let VV go and live as Vinnie Cusano and when he can stop selling Vinnie Vincent-related items and stick to his other business ventures, I will consider your opinion.
Vinnie , MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT if most of the VVFF is wrong.
WE are his fanbase. The ONLY functioning Vinnie Vincent site on the WORLD-WIDE web .

NEWBEGINNINGS
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

WE are his fanbase. The ONLY functioning Vinnie Vincent site on the WORLD-WIDE web .

Truth !

Wolfi
FlyingVgirl1988

Post by FlyingVgirl1988 »

He wants to make money to support himself if anything. If he loved his fans and enjoyed them he would be around to do so. His attorney probably handles his auction etc. every time he posted anything he mentions how much he hates this forum and the people on it. We may be his fans but he doesn't seem happy about it. He does want to be left alone.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

FlyingVgirl1988 wrote:He wants to make money to support himself if anything. If he loved his fans and enjoyed them he would be around to do so. His attorney probably handles his auction etc. every time he posted anything he mentions how much he hates this forum and the people on it. We may be his fans but he doesn't seem happy about it. He does want to be left alone.

Cat, You just don't get it . I said that. Read the forum. ALL OF US HAVE SAID THIS REPEATEDLY.
When he stops what he does in the name of Vinnie Vincent then what you say can hold water. Since he continues to do so, he will continue to drown in said water. Getting rid of the VV monicker will be his best life preserver.

Until then, no matter who he has doing HIS bidding in the name of VV, he has to take the praise along with the lumps .

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:Someone with music in their heart doesn't give up . One cannot help the music inside. He still plays . He still writes. He does not feel like sharing his gift with us.
I wish this were the case but I lean toward the fact that he isn't musically active. Diane mentioned at Namm that at the time he still played acoustically but if he did write or play considering his history I believe that he would record something by whatever means that he had available even if it were on his cell phone which I think that we all believe that he has. He let the property go in Smyrna which had a mortgage that was less than what my fat ass spends for food in my household per month so based upon that I have to believe that he would have saved his home if he could have and all that he would have had to do is sell some music along with guitars and historic band cloths etc. I know that he values his music highly and would prefer top dollar when he felt the leverage was on his side but when push comes to shove most of us would take something less to save our home. I recognize that Vinnie isn't in the same zip code as most of us but I would sell everything that I had practically before letting myself lose my home.

The historic clothing and guitars when they are sold are just gone but music is a commodity that for a gifted someone like Vinnie is renewable. He is fully capable of writing some great songs, selling them and then writing more great songs. It doesn't appear that he is doing this at this time. It was once speculated that possibly due to a medical reason that he was no longer capable of playing but if the worst scenario is true in the unfortunate event with Diane that lead to his arrest he would certainly still seem strong enough to fret some chords at the very least LOL :-)

It appears that he no longer has enough interest to motivate himself to use his GOD Given talent even though it can and could have still provided a livelyhood for himself. This forum would have provided for that if he could motivate himself to do something.

As long as I'm alive I will be rooting for him to be the Phoenix that rises from the ashes and returns from obscurity but while a plethora of help is available it all has to start with Vinnie himself. He would need to want it enough himself for anything to happen................

Hopefully something changes for him before it is too late because he is really hurting himself much worse than the fans that he wishes to punish

Kev
metalx

Post by metalx »

I was just thinking today that Gene should do a solo club tour and take Vinnie out with him.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

AMAZING IDEA !!!
PelagicJoe

Post by PelagicJoe »

If this were to ever happen... Vinnie would ruin it by
A) Behaving for two or three weeks, then causing trouble with G & P.
B) Demand an outrageous amount of cash upfront the second G & P ask him about coming back.

The outcome is the same if either happens.
roustabout23

Post by roustabout23 »

i dont speak for anyone but myself... but Vinnie, John, Cusano what ever you want to be known as... I would gladly fork over dough to hear an album of songs like Back On The Streets, whether or not you can shred, or play with the fire that you did before. play slow and tasty, we will still lick up every damn note. Cmon vinnie... shoot us full of ur luv
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vv obsessed with copyright is not registering new songs so makes me think not writing anything new
Bye Bye